Titleist TSi1 and TSi4 Drivers

@Canadan, should anyone that is not a +3 or better even think of playing the 4?
Whoa whoa, I can think about playing a low spin ball speed monster. It would just be a poor decision if I did end up with it in the bag :LOL:

It’s like...club design works and not all drivers are the same like the internet tells me they are :ROFLMAO:;)
They are the same, except for the stuff that's different. Come on dude. I mean they're all golf clubs right?

Nice pics @JB (y) I have to say, these are THE best looking drivers that Titleist has produced since the 975D back in 1998. :D

My heart wants that ball speed, but I play a Max driver now and I’m not too proud. I hit the 2 well during my fitting and I think the 1 would be for me.

I have worked with all of these now pretty extensively. The TSi4 is going to be pretty specialized, but was needed for their lineup in my opinion. Likewise the TSi1 will be, which gets the ball up quickly. For me, the TSi3 worked pretty darn well and I loved the look and sound. The TSi1 would be a great 2nd driver for me as well.

I was fit into Tsi2 but I kept wondering what Tsi3 would do for me, if anything. The fitter didn't even try it based on my swing.

I'm sure I'll dabble in all of these when I get back to a store.

@Canadan, should anyone that is not a +3 or better even think of playing the 4?
There's specialized, and then 'we don't actually want to sell any of these'. Lol.

You're playing a Sub Zero turned down to 7 or something, right? It might be worth a try. Nothing scary for you about the size, and it comes in an 8* I think.

There's specialized, and then 'we don't actually want to sell any of these'. Lol.

You're playing a Sub Zero turned down to 7 or something, right? It might be worth a try. Nothing scary for you about the size, and it comes in an 8* I think.

Fair point. I had just heard they are very unforgiving, not realizing I play something equal to that.

I have worked with all of these now pretty extensively. The TSi4 is going to be pretty specialized, but was needed for their lineup in my opinion. Likewise the TSi1 will be, which gets the ball up quickly. For me, the TSi3 worked pretty darn well and I loved the look and sound. The TSi1 would be a great 2nd driver for me as well.
I like this. I was actually playing around in my mind with the idea that if I had two drivers in the bag, a TSi2 and a TSi4 would be fun. Hit the TSi2 on most holes. However, on certain holes and maybe open par 5’s, the 4 could be a weapon. I attempted to qualify for my state’s senior am this past summer. There was a par 4 that was set up at 500 yards and ran a little uphill. I had to hit driver and 5 wood to get there. Another 10 yards could get me into a hybrid for the approach shot.

I know I won’t do it, but it is fun to contemplate.

I like the smaller size driver option, personally. It's nice.

I actually don't have super low loft on my driver. I could play 9-10 pretty comfortably in the right setup.
I think I heard your doorbell ring. If you check, I think it is TSi4, trying to date you. She is saying, “my body size is perfect for your eye and I won’t spin you around like the other girls.”

I think I heard your doorbell ring. If you check, I think it is TSi4, trying to date you. She is saying, “my body size is perfect for your eye and I won’t spin you around like the other girls.”
I'd be down to spend some time with one, that's for sure.

What @jdtox saw with the ball speed was very hard to ignore.

I think major OEM company designers-engineers believe wholeheartedly that 440 CC to 460 CC head size drivers are best for most players. However it could be that some Tour players suggested designing-producing a smaller head. I think Titleist now doing a 425CC head is an example of the company's engineers accommodating the request, but doing so in a way (forward weighting) in an attempt to keep the "average player" in the larger "more forgiving" 460 C size.
I am not suggesting there is a "conspiracy" happening, but rather that OEM designers-engineers seem steadfast in their resolve that "bigger is better" for most players. I don't understand this resolve because back in the day the 425 CC TM R7 model was enjoyed by all skill level players. And before that some legendary sub 400CC drivers such as Ping ISI Tec, Titleist 905S, TM R510 were awesome performers for all skill level players.
Hopefully this new Titleist TSi4 will produce good shots for lots of players and customers will not be afraid by the reviews and, or, marketing suggesting the club is "only for high swing speeds" or that it is a "specialized niche driver" or that it is "not the most forgiving of the line up". Hopefully players will swing this one and see for themselves the shots it produces.
Here is a favorable TSI4 review by a 99 mph swing speed player who carries his tee shots about 250.

I like the smaller size driver option, personally. It's nice.
Yeah, I do too. I just can't afford the spin loss on some of the super low spin ones right now. Totals/averages don't dip too far, but the low limit between acceptable and terrifying tends to get crossed a little more often. The TSi3 has been pretty perfect for me.

Yeah, I do too. I just can't afford the spin loss on some of the super low spin ones right now. Totals/averages don't dip too far, but the low limit between acceptable and terrifying tends to get crossed a little more often. The TSi3 has been pretty perfect for me.
I LOVE me some spin loss!! hahahaha

I think major OEM company designers-engineers believe wholeheartedly that 440 CC to 460 CC head size drivers are best for most players. However it could be that some Tour players suggested designing-producing a smaller head. I think Titleist now doing a 425CC head is an example of the company's engineers accommodating the request, but doing so in a way (forward weighting) in an attempt to keep the "average player" in the larger "more forgiving" 460 C size.
I am not suggesting there is a "conspiracy" happening, but rather that OEM designers-engineers seem steadfast in their resolve that "bigger is better" for most players. I don't understand this resolve because back in the day the 425 CC TM R7 model was enjoyed by all skill level players. And before that some legendary sub 400CC drivers such as Ping ISI Tec, Titleist 905S, TM R510 were awesome performers for all skill level players.
Hopefully this new Titleist TSi4 will produce good shots for lots of players and customers will not be afraid by the reviews and, or, marketing suggesting the club is "only for high swing speeds" or that it is a "specialized niche driver" or that it is "not the most forgiving of the line up". Hopefully players will swing this one and see for themselves the shots it produces.
Here is a favorable TSI4 review by a 99 mph swing speed player who carries his tee shots about 250.

For 'not suggesting a conspiracy', there's a lot of conspiratorial-like assumptions in that ^. Think, could be, suggested, accommodating the theoretical suggestion, ... I don't think any of us know how or why outside of filling a need. And that need would seem pretty niche just based on what it does, and maybe even more niche among Tour players. It would seem to fit a pretty good ball striker that struggles with spin. I don't think that's overly common in general, or on Tour. Like, the same percentage of Tour players that play Left Dash maybe? I don't know. I like the idea of a lot of people trying it though, because some might find that certain benefits outweigh other drawbacks for their game. Things definitely don't always fit the people they're assumed to and vice versa.

Based on looks alone, all of them a fantastic.

Based on the numbers that you've given, then the 3 and 4 would be my go to, to try first.

Crazy how different the performance is on these 2 with the same swing put on the ball. That is really cool and speaks to the engineering going on at these companies.

In this TSI4 review video, at the 2 minute, Mark Crossfield suggests that the while the TSI4 is designed to be low spin, it's not as aggressive a low spin as other companies have introduced. For example, Crossfield says TM may have learned that "too much commitment to low spin-forward CG" can be counter productive.

Last edited:
I noticed today that for TSi drivers TGW.com's custom order department is offering Graphite Design shaft models AD-DI, IZ and CX shafts at a $160 upcharge price, which is low for this quality of shaft. The other GD shaft models (BB-GP-TP-MT-MJ) are priced at $250, so it seems Titleist is promotional pricing only three GD driver shaft models here. I assume any Titleist retailer will have the same lower pricing for the GD DI-IZ-CX shafts, but am not sure about that.

If @jdtox were to grab a driver in the Titleist lineup right now to put in play, I'm pretty sure he's going 4 hahaha
It would be hard not to, though I Can’t remember what shaft we had in there.. Do you? Maybe @Jman does?

It would be hard not to, though I Can’t remember what shaft we had in there.. Do you? Maybe @Jman does?
Pretty sure it was the Smoke RDX Smoke Black, wasn't it?

Looks like it in the vid.

Pretty sure it was the Smoke RDX Smoke Black, wasn't it?

Looks like it in the vid.
I think you are right. Might have to have a good look at that shaft this year for sure too

Back