Titleist TSi1 and TSi4 Drivers

I think you are right. Might have to have a good look at that shaft this year for sure too

beastly. got that old man strength.

My TSi4 with Smoke Blue RDX has been ordered.

Right on ! I am glad for you.
I am pondering a TSI4 but like the performance of my current driver (S-Yard T.388) so I will probably wait for now and in six months or so reevaluate. For the golf industry as a whole I do hope more companies introduce 400 CC to 430 CC size driver heads.

For 'not suggesting a conspiracy', there's a lot of conspiratorial-like assumptions in that ^. Think, could be, suggested, accommodating the theoretical suggestion, ... I don't think any of us know how or why outside of filling a need. And that need would seem pretty niche just based on what it does, and maybe even more niche among Tour players. It would seem to fit a pretty good ball striker that struggles with spin. I don't think that's overly common in general, or on Tour. Like, the same percentage of Tour players that play Left Dash maybe? I don't know. I like the idea of a lot of people trying it though, because some might find that certain benefits outweigh other drawbacks for their game. Things definitely don't always fit the people they're assumed to and vice versa.

I can't say I agree with you, it doesn't sound conspiratorial at all. What percentage of drivers in say the last 5 years aren't 460cc (or at least 445)? OEM's definitely think "bigger is better". I have a driver fitting with titleist at the end of the month, I hope they have the tsi 4 head to try even though my swing speed would suggest this isn't the driver for me.

I can't say I agree with you, it doesn't sound conspiratorial at all. What percentage of drivers in say the last 5 years aren't 460cc (or at least 445)? OEM's definitely think "bigger is better". I have a driver fitting with titleist at the end of the month, I hope they have the tsi 4 head to try even though my swing speed would suggest this isn't the driver for me.

I remember talking to a Ping sales rep about that company's drivers and how PING has been committed to the 440CC to 460 CC size heads. I told him that the 390 CC size ISI Tec was one of the most beloved Ping drivers ever made. He agreed , but also said that while 390 CC for some players might help them nail the driver shot square-perfect more often than 460 CC, Ping's engineers probably believe that a mishit with a 460 CC size head will get better shot results than a mishit with a 390 CC size head.

I think you're disagreeing with a different argument or something. I didn't say any of the things you're disagreeing with. I simply said 'thinking they believe', 'could be that some tour players suggested', 'I think _____ making ______ is an example of my imagined request', etc, etc. are all pretty conspiratorial, because they're all based in assumption and used to further an argument of a theory. It was like 4 steps down the factless rabbit hole before the first paragraph was over.

I stand by that. The rest of my post was just about who the TSi4 would seem to fit, and that it might surprise some, and people should try it if they can.

Last edited:
Finally got a chance to watch the video this morning. Great breakdown of the two models. Cool how the numbers supported the claims of the two models.

OEM designers-engineers -marketing departments rarely declare why they chose this size or that size head, and this leaves interested consumers to speculate and, or, "connect the dots". If for the past 10 years every OEM is producing every driver at 440 CC to 460 CC it is reasonable to assume the OEM's belief is that "bigger is better".
Certainly it is reasonable to assume the reason Titleist chose to make a 425 CC head is because Tour player (s) were interested to try one. Another possible reason is that (from a design-engineering perspective) a smaller head may lend itself better to creating lower spin than does a larger head. These aren't facts and , or, direct statements from an OEM employee, but simply assumptions and speculation for discussion.

I love the smaller head. Hell, if they remake the 975 D with an ATI face, I'd buy it.

Honestly if OEM's were willing to use modern technology-materials and produce prototypes of smaller heads for Tour players to try, I have no doubt some of those heads would eventually result in great selling drivers used by all skill levels, from high handicap to Tour player.
The "mini drivers" put out in recent years with high lofts and back weighting marketed to be "second drivers" and, or, "alternative 3-woods" are not it.

Hello - I tend to put alot of spin on the ball and see the new TSi4 tailors to lower the spin rates. But will it work for a 90mph SS?
Or do you need to crank it up in order to get the optimal performance from this driver? Any thoughts from those who have demoed this driver?
Thank you and stay safe.

Hello - I tend to put alot of spin on the ball and see the new TSi4 tailors to lower the spin rates. But will it work for a 90mph SS?
Or do you need to crank it up in order to get the optimal performance from this driver? Any thoughts from those who have demoed this driver?
Thank you and stay safe.
For a driver like this, i strongly recommend a fitting. You never know what shaft combo may work for you and your SS.

I maintain a 103 SS.

For a driver like this, i strongly recommend a fitting. You never know what shaft combo may work for you and your SS.

I maintain a 103 SS.

Ok will swing by the Pro Shop and see if they have a demo...

Got to hit the TSi4 some today. Looks really good over the ball.

20210222_144147.jpg

Someone had already crowned the crap out of it, lol, but still.. Really liked the shape. Hard to judge too much on the general numbers with being a little fresh today, but I didn't see anything really out of sorts for speed vs. my TSi3 similarly set up. Lower spin, but not quite as crazy as I expected. My driver spin numbers are on the lower end lately though, so there's less variation usually. There were definitely a couple that would scare me on the low end on course though. Sounded and felt really good. Curious to see who ends up playing it this year.

Last edited:
Got to hit the TSi4 some today. Looks really good over the ball.

View attachment 8994693

Someone had already crowned the crap out of it, lol, but still.. Really liked the shape. Hard to judge too much on the general numbers with being a little fresh today, but I didn't see anything really out of sorts for speed vs. my TSi3 similarly set up. Lower spin, but not quite as crazy as I expected. My driver spin numbers are on the lower end lately though, so there's less variation usually. There were definitely a couple that would scare me on the low end on course though. Sounded and felt really good. Curious to see who ends up playing it this year.
Given the choice, it sounds like you would stick with the TSi3?

Given the choice, it sounds like you would stick with the TSi3?
Without question. I've yet to find a release since it came out that has outdone it for me. I can get a little better individual numbers with a couple, but in terms of upper echelon flight conditions across the board, and consistency, I haven't really found anything close. It's made driver testing pretty low stress as I got my hands on new releases, actually.

A few months ago Titleist released their brand new TSi2 and TSi3 drivers. Just like the previous lineup of TS, the 1 and 4 were not far behind and today they are being made official. The Titleist TSi 1 and TSi 4 are quite a bit different than the previously released models, yet are made up of the same high tech materials.

If you missed our review of the original TSi drivers, click here. Tested in the THP Tech Studio both the Titleist TSi1 and TSi4 are quite opposite in terms of who they are geared towards. As like all of our TESTED! series, we give a bit of info, show the swings and then breakdown the data for you.

After watching the video above, which one of the Titleist TSi drivers would fit you best? For more information, check out their website at www.titleist.com.

The Details
Available: 2/26
Cost: $549 for either model
Shafts: TSi1 Features Aldila Ascent 40 and TSi4 features Project X HZRDUS Smoke Yellow or Tensei AV Shite Raw.
Titleist also offers a complete lineup of custom shafts.

Continue reading...

I would like to know your opinion as I play a 917 D2 9deg Diamana Blue 60 stiff and I hit the ball very high already, would I benefit from the TSi4 as I also like the smaller head?
I did have a 915D3 that I liked and wish I still had.

I would like to know your opinion as I play a 917 D2 9deg Diamana Blue 60 stiff and I hit the ball very high already, would I benefit from the TSi4 as I also like the smaller head?
I did have a 915D3 that I liked and wish I still had.
Simply put, the latest driver is a superior product to their previous lineups from what I have seen and experienced. I definitely think anyone playing a previous Titleist driver would benefit from giving the entirety of the TSi lineup a try.

Does the 4 look better for you than others? I wish I could say!

Simply put, the latest driver is a superior product to their previous lineups from what I have seen and experienced. I definitely think anyone playing a previous Titleist driver would benefit from giving the entirety of the TSi lineup a try.

Does the 4 look better for you than others? I wish I could say!
As usual from @Canadan, this is spot on. @D.farrer, based on your reference point and preference, I would suggest looking at both the 3 and the 4. The 3 looks really good for a 460 head. There is almost no doubt that one of those heads is going to give you significant performance improvement over what you have.

Without question. I've yet to find a release since it came out that has outdone it for me. I can get a little better individual numbers with a couple, but in terms of upper echelon flight conditions across the board, and consistency, I haven't really found anything close. It's made driver testing pretty low stress as I got my hands on new releases, actually.
This describes what I have seen so far. There are a couple of heads that when I absolutely nut a swing and I am loose, give me a little higher peak ball speed. However, m comfort level with this head is off the charts. I just feel like I am going to hit the fairway, every time I step to the tee (even though I don’t, LOL).

Back