Has more depth to my ear. TSi3 sounded great. Lively. Less full though. The TSR has that same crispness but there's more to it. There's some mashed mixed in. It's less singular. And it's fantastic.
Im going to be honest, this is like word salad. :ROFLMAO: What does this mean? Mashed? Singular?

Is it somewhat the lack of the carbon crown? The sound reminds me a little of the UW which sounds amazing and doesn’t have a carbon crown either.

Is it somewhat the lack of the carbon crown? The sound reminds me a little of the UW which sounds amazing and doesn’t have a carbon crown either.

Funny you mention carbon. So titleist made it pretty clear you won’t see them going the TM stealth way. They said carbon is great for lots of things but they said not for impacting the ball.

Funny you mention carbon. So titleist made it pretty clear you won’t see them going the TM stealth way. They said carbon is great for lots of things but they said not for impacting the ball.

I was thinking more the crown than the face, at this point though it doesn’t seem like they want to do the crown either. Did they mention why on that part?

I have my fitting tomorrow afternoon finally (y) excited to see the numbers compared to my TSi2

Im going to be honest, this is like word salad. :ROFLMAO: What does this mean? Mashed? Singular?
Haha. Like there's more substance to it than just the quick titanium pleasantness. Like the effect you hear between some just very firm balls that sound quick and some more medium firm ones that maybe have a firm layer. It adds some depth. Still quick, but you feel like you smashed it when you hear it. Except it's in the head instead of the ball.

That's probably just more word salad.

I like a good salad though. :LOL:

I have my fitting tomorrow afternoon finally (y) excited to see the numbers compared to my TSi2
Can’t wait to hear the results. I am biased as I was fit into the TSR3 but I think the 3 is the sexiest looking driver at address ever.

Can’t wait to hear the results. I am biased as I was fit into the TSR3 but I think the 3 is the sexiest looking driver at address ever.

I hit the 3 in my fitting and I really do have to agree with this statement, even though the 2 was the fitting result for me.

(Don't get me wrong, the 2 looks GREAT, but the 3 is just a touch more classic)

First range sesh in the books. Only hit 10 balls or so since my son burns through 90 balls in 40 seconds haha.

VERY Impressed. And I'm usually a killjoy when it comes to new drivers. They pretty much never outperform the one currently in my bag.

Sound, feel - lovely.
Look - perfect

I am struggling through this smelly high-heel miss at the moment and it was handled very well. Almost startling after a nice flight to look down and see a ball mark high inside.
20220922_182654.jpg

Last edited:
First range sesh in the books. Only hit 10 balls or so since my son burns through 90 balls in 40 seconds haha.

VERY Impressed. And I'm usually a killjoy when it comes to new drivers. They pretty much never outperform the one currently in my bag.

Sound, feel - lovely.
Look - perfect

I am struggling through this smelly high-heel miss at the moment and it was handled very well. Almost startling after a nice flight to look down and see a ball mark high inside.

The ability of these drivers to let you get away with trash swings is crazy, awesome, and honestly probably a little unfair. Left all of us at the event kinda dumbfounded to be honest - I believe someone used the term "cheat code" and it's apt.

Now that said, I don't want to be too hyperbolic. They aren't going to solve all your problems, and I sure missed some shots out there with some bad, bad swings. But they are the closest I have ever seen a driver come to that within the bounds of a USGA legal design.

The ability of these drivers to let you get away with trash swings is crazy, awesome, and honestly probably a little unfair. Left all of us at the event kinda dumbfounded to be honest - I believe someone used the term "cheat code" and it's apt.

Now that said, I don't want to be too hyperbolic. They aren't going to solve all your problems, and I sure missed some shots out there with some bad, bad swings. But they are the closest I have ever seen a driver come to that within the bounds of a USGA legal design.
Honestly, I was just thrilled to see the ball falling right instead of its usual Nascar flight.
Distance? I didn't see anything to make me think its longer than my old Sim, but if the left miss gets removed it will allow me to get after it again.

May I add, if anyone has a trick to removing these ball marks off the face - I'm all ears. Man this face is sticky or something lol.

Ball marks haven't been a problem for me, but a little paint from the red/white/black Dormie tees does seem to be permanently fused on there lol

Honestly, I was just thrilled to see the ball falling right instead of its usual Nascar flight.
Distance? I didn't see anything to make me think its longer than my old Sim, but if the left miss gets removed it will allow me to get after it again.

It's been longer for me and that additional ball speed seems to be pretty common for the group in the event, but agree, certainly not going to be a magic pill there depending on what you're coming from.

May I add, if anyone has a trick to removing these ball marks off the face - I'm all ears. Man this face is sticky or something lol.
Scrub or light acetone usually works for me.

Actually, I should just clean mine and see what's easiest. I don't have ball marks, but I'm getting a pretty legit collection of tee paint marks on the face.

I saw these heads in person the other day.

TSR2 has that Titleist class that I feel was missing in the TS2 and TSi2. TSR3 just builds on an already gorgeous driver head.

Okay, fine, house is asleep, I will do my least favorite thing and clean clubs.

Light acetone worked fine for peristent spots. No issue like on the TSi3. I actually had blood on my face. That was new. I'm guessing some flying bug had really bad timing and is responsible for a missed fairway today. :p

Oh and I woke up hurting. Hitting the new stuff everyday plus work plus playing is going to actually kill me at some point. I haven't even been playing much. Anywayyyy, I did a head to head on monitor between the TSR3 and my Stealth Plus and my Ventus and it fared well. I had nothing, but it did well. Then I hit some new stuff, and decided if I'm not going to be able to move or breathe tomorrow I might as well play. And despite having even more nothing at this point, proceeded to hit the 💩 out of it in really tough conditions.

Really able to work it both ways and up and down with my shaft. 2 misses, but they were on me. Pushed my push draw a bit much and caught a branch. It's crazy tight off the tee there. And got lazy on one directly across the wind and it got pushed right. Had a bunch of 330s and 40s though, and absolutely pulverized a couple of those into that strong wind. 341 to the top of the hill I normally pound it into on on 18 with a TOWERING draw and left myself the best look I've had on approach maybe ever. .. which I totally blew. :LOL:

The driver was great though!! And I enjoyed the word salad sound thoroughly.

Last edited:
Also driver off the deck is freaking amazing. @Roadrunner will testify it’s a damn bomb off the deck. I pulled it on the first par 5 on the second round day one from 275. It almost feels strange to walk up to driver off the deck and feel confident.

Also driver off the deck is freaking amazing. @Roadrunner will testify it’s a damn bomb off the deck. I pulled it on the first par 5 on the second round day one from 275. It almost feels strange to walk up to driver off the deck and feel confident.
I also saw this shot and he ain’t lying

Signed up for a 2nd fitting later today, since my 1st one was useless due to a debilitating headache.

I think I’m going to dual purpose my time gathering numbers for the 923s today. Golf exchange doesn’t really have a rate to just rent a SIM and they were kind enough to let me hit a couple of shots on theirs yesterday without charge.

I’m going to buy a 1 hour fitting for $50 and test out the TSR then continue grabbing my numbers on the HMP’s.

They only have a few shaft offerings but I’ll get a good idea of the head at least.

I think I’m going to dual purpose my time gathering numbers for the 923s today. Golf exchange doesn’t really have a rate to just rent a SIM and they were kind enough to let me hit a couple of shots on theirs yesterday without charge.

I’m going to buy a 1 hour fitting for $50 and test out the TSR then continue grabbing my numbers on the HMP’s.

They only have a few shaft offerings but I’ll get a good idea of the head at least.
If you did end up getting some TSR woods to go w/ irons from Victory Cup... That would be a sweet bag man.

Back