Also driver off the deck is freaking amazing. @Roadrunner will testify it’s a damn bomb off the deck. I pulled it on the first par 5 on the second round day one from 275. It almost feels strange to walk up to driver off the deck and feel confident.

I really wish I had seen this. You have way bigger cajones than I to try that shot period, let alone at Ballyhack 🤯 Talk about full send!!

Last 22 rounds, including 2 with TSR clubs:
1663941819319.png

Last Friday's round with no TSR clubs:
1663942279836.png

Tuesday (11 drivers, 2 3W, 1 non-TSR 3h):
1663958479814.png
I think the overabundance of left misses here was primarily due to playing for the amount of fade I was accustomed to with previous clubs.

Wednesday (7 drivers, 6 3W, 1 non-TSR 3h):
1663941873378.png
Not starting the ball as far left as the previous day helped a lot. Playing smarter and gearing down on a few holes also contributed.

For a pronounced fader of the ball, no right misses stunned me. I have never played 2 consecutive rounds without a right miss. Ever.

Last edited:
I really wish I had seen this. You have way bigger cajones than I to try that shot period, let alone at Ballyhack 🤯 Talk about full send!!

Yeah Roadrunner saw me pull it out and was oh yes go for it do it. Honestly that had to be one of my most ill advised decisions on a course. 275, blind shot to a green where the shot had to get a nice amount of fade no less over rough, bunkers, and deep grass. But I think that’s just my style. I play very aggressive generally(Which sometimes gets me trouble.). Which that driver and three wood really compliment that. The day one caddie had some good laughs about my aggressive style. He said well if you want to play the hole like this do this. Or you can be Shawn and go for it 😆. My day one group came to the conclusion that I embrace the tough shots(Jacqueline said she just noticed a different level of focus.). I don’t play straight up stupid. I just embrace a chance to go for aggressive lines more often than not.

View attachment 9122638

View attachment 9122642

View attachment 9122639
I think the overabundance of left misses here was primarily due to playing for the amount of fade I was accustomed to with previous clubs.

View attachment 9122641
Not starting the ball as far left as the previous day helped a lot. Playing smarter and gearing down on a few holes also contributed.

For a pronounced fader of the ball, no right misses stunned me. I have never played 2 consecutive rounds without a right miss. Ever.

I witnessed Wednesday and as mentioned previously you are now "Can't Miss Mike" to me. I think some of that 21% left includes balls that were barely off the fairway.

Yeah Roadrunner saw me pull it out and was oh yes go for it do it. Honestly that had to be one of my most ill advised decisions on a course. 275, blind shot to a green where the shot had to get a nice amount of fade no less over rough, bunkers, and deep grass. But I think that’s just my style. I play very aggressive generally(Which sometimes gets me trouble.). Which that driver and three wood really compliment that. The day one caddie had some good laughs about my aggressive style. He said well if you want to play the hole like this do this. Or you can be Shawn and go for it 😆. My day one group came to the conclusion that I embrace the tough shots(Jacqueline said she just noticed a different level of focus.). I don’t play straight up stupid. I just embrace a chance to go for aggressive lines more often than not.
He asked me if he should hit driver off the deck, and all I could say was “do it!!” It was a thing of beauty.

View attachment 9122638

View attachment 9122642

View attachment 9122639

View attachment 9122641

Wow man. That is insane! I hate that I didn't get to play with you and see some of this, but that's a pretty epic stat on Wednesday.

That’s some great stats. Honestly to post a score at ballyhack You really have to atleast keep yourself in the first cut or you are making some crazy recovery shots. I know the caddies said some holes you might as be taking atleast a one stroke penalty if you land in certain places. The driver definitely saved me a few strokes wlth getting me more distance to where I could atleast have a decent recovery shot on some holes

Last edited:
Maiden voyage is done and I'm not sure there are enough words in my vocabulary to explain the goodness of TSR.

Played at Northview Ridge course and used driver 11 times off the tee, leading to 11 fairways hit. GPS average was around 270 total (rainy/overcast day). I hit more drives that fell to the right than to the left. It was basically a flawless performance from the big stick and I'm in love. I haven't had that much fun on the course in quite some time.

I'm just praying this isn't a short honeymoon, because this level of control with driver is what my game has been missing.

Maiden voyage is done and I'm not sure there are enough words in my vocabulary to explain the goodness of TSR.

Played at Northview Ridge course and used driver 11 times off the tee, leading to 11 fairways hit. GPS average was around 270 total (rainy/overcast day). I hit more drives that fell to the right than to the left. It was basically a flawless performance from the big stick and I'm in love. I haven't had that much fun on the course in quite some time.

I'm just praying this isn't a short honeymoon, because this level of control with driver is what my game has been missing.
It’s not a honeymoon!

Finished the 2nd fitting.

Different place and different fitter and ended on nearly the same results. So I suppose thats good.
I didnt tell the rep today that I had tried a prior fitting and I didnt give any info from that experience thinking my headache skewed those results. Welp, although my max speeds were better without the headache, the final results were very similar.
We ended on the AD UB 6X or 7X and the TSi2 or 3 being an option. The fitter today preferred the 3 head given the added options to help me dial things in. But both the 2 and 3 were giving me almost the same ball speeds, which is really cool.
Kinda brings it back to address position looks, a bit of feel preference and perhaps the bit added workability. I could easily go 2 or 3…prob lean 3 only because of the bit added ability to dial her in. Also like the bit mushier, solid feels.

11/11 Fairways & average of 270?? That sir is an absolute weapon (sorry to steal your line @Jman) in your hands.

:titleist: TSR = Pure Awesomeness

That is freaking awesome dude, and knowing that course fairly well, that is a BIG accomplishment. I can't say I'm surprised though - TSR is the real freaking deal! My money is on this is no honeymoon!

It stays as long as it remains accurate.

If you start to stray I will meet you somewhere halfway between MS & NY to play. You don't miss in front of me. Just say the word.

If you start to stray I will meet you somewhere halfway between MS & NY to play. You don't miss in front of me. Just say the word.
You got it. Make sure we get Cart 30 again.

Last edited:
Damn, I finally got in to see these in person. The entire line just looks so good. Honestly, the best looking driver/wood aesthetically that I can ever remember. I went in with the idea of just looking and didn't want to or take the time to go through testing it all out. But, I really wanted to see what they did with the TSR2 compared to the i2. I thought the i2 was just not a great looking club. The size and shape were off-putting to me. The r2 is a definite improvement looks wise. It's a bigger footprint for sure. But, it has curves in all the right places yet.

My buddy that works there was telling me that he got fit into and owns the TSR2. He and I have played many a similar drivers in the past. So, since they were dead, I asked to give it a few rips. First shot, cold off the street, no warm up. Hit it off the toe. Still carries 285 and goes dead straight. I only made about 10 swings with it. I just didn't have the time for more and I have a very nasty bout of tennis elbow in my left arm. I have to be very selective on when and where I put swings in.

Initial thoughts are that the speed is as good as anything. The feel is more solid than I was expecting. Not carbon muted. But not tinny or hollow feeling. On middled shots, spin was pretty decent in the 2300-2400 range. The only thing that worried me was, I have shifted to playing a fade and when I set up and hit my stock shot, the spin would climb pretty significantly. Getting 3k-3200k and watching the ball move a lot further right than I was used to seeing with my Stealth + was a little concerning. The Tensei Black 1K was not awful. But not very robust feeling. I would want to try the new HZRDUS next time I am in there.

On one hand, I think in the right hands and setup, the R2 could be point and shoot. On the other hand, for me and my swing and what I want to see out of the ball, I think I could possibly be better served looking at the R3 or R4.

I saw enough to justify another go around with it. One where I am well warmed up and have the time to get a feel for them. Also want to have my Stealth with me to really see how the numbers compare.

Look at this thing. This is a very confidence inspiring club.

1663966798356.png

Finished the 2nd fitting.

Different place and different fitter and ended on nearly the same results. So I suppose thats good.
I didnt tell the rep today that I had tried a prior fitting and I didnt give any info from that experience thinking my headache skewed those results. Welp, although my max speeds were better without the headache, the final results were very similar.
We ended on the AD UB 6X or 7X and the TSi2 or 3 being an option. The fitter today preferred the 3 head given the added options to help me dial things in. But both the 2 and 3 were giving me almost the same ball speeds, which is really cool.
Kinda brings it back to address position looks, a bit of feel preference and perhaps the bit added workability. I could easily go 2 or 3…prob lean 3 only because of the bit added ability to dial her in. Also like the bit mushier, solid feels.
Tell me more about this UB...

I just have this feeling that this lineup is inevitable for me. The $200 upcharge for the UB is extremely reasonable and the profile sounds very intriguing. I am pretty much ready to buy the TSR3 3w without even hitting it. The fairway wood space has been a weird one for me the last couple years. I just cannot find one that "looks right" for me. Callaway did away with the SZ fairways after the Mavrik and I have been reeling ever since haha. I should have just went with the TSi3 last year. But, I knew we would be seeing the new one this fall so I jumped around a bit. Now I am ready to make that plunge haha.

Tell me more about this UB...

I just have this feeling that this lineup is inevitable for me. The $200 upcharge for the UB is extremely reasonable and the profile sounds very intriguing. I am pretty much ready to buy the TSR3 3w without even hitting it. The fairway wood space has been a weird one for me the last couple years. I just cannot find one that "looks right" for me. Callaway did away with the SZ fairways after the Mavrik and I have been reeling ever since haha. I should have just went with the TSi3 last year. But, I knew we would be seeing the new one this fall so I jumped around a bit. Now I am ready to make that plunge haha.

Feels very smooth to me and I didn’t really notice any kick. It would likely make a fantastic 3 wood shaft. I need launch with my driver, so it’s a good fit for me there. I could see myself playing it in both the driver and fw actually. I like 80g in my fws. Curious, do they offer the UB in 80g? I need to check that. I was thinking the TSR3 5 wood might be deadly for me.

Feels very smooth to me and I didn’t really notice any kick. It would likely make a fantastic 3 wood shaft. I need launch with my driver, so it’s a good fit for me there. I could see myself playing it in both the driver and fw actually. I like 80g in my fws. Curious, do they offer the UB in 80g? I need to check that. I was thinking the TSR3 5 wood might be deadly for me.
I am a self diagnosed shaft ho. But I’ve been enamored with the Ventus line the past couple years. I want to try the UB in the driver and the fairway. I think it’s available in 80g but I’d have to double check.

I am a self diagnosed shaft ho. But I’ve been enamored with the Ventus line the past couple years. I want to try the UB in the driver and the fairway. I think it’s available in 80g but I’d have to double check.

The 80g is an option! 🤔.

*Inner monologue -how to pull this off and remain married….

The 80g is an option! 🤔.

*Inner monologue -how to pull this off and remain married….

First rule of marriage.. don’t ask for permission just ask for forgiveness

First rule of marriage.. don’t ask for permission just ask for forgiveness

Only married for 12 years, so still learning…. 😂

Back