I am thinking of selling my new TSR 2 - 9.5 deg -12.5 deg loft head. I have varied shafts in Reg and Senior -if anyone is interested me know. (y)

With no team competition now next week, it means green lights all around!!! I can’t wait,
There will still be side games played though right lol???

Cannot wait for my TSR3! Has anyone who has ordered one received it already?

As the most expensive drivers on the market (including the claim to fame of being the first factory option orderable on Golftown to crack >$1k), these are hard for me to stomach, but boy are they appealing.

As the most expensive drivers on the market (including the claim to fame of being the first factory option orderable on Golftown to crack >$1k), these are hard for me to stomach, but boy are they appealing.
Inflation hurts...they do look great though

Starting to get the sequence down and settled in on hozel adjustment with my 1K Black TSR4.

Hit my longest drive today and a second that was just behind the previous long. Had a couple stinkers, but that's all me.

Moving the tee hight up a touch more as this combo is LOW. My first ever that can stay low and just GOOOO! Good to have that option into the wind. This thing scoffs at it;)

Focused rounds are done for a bit and ready to get back to the battle between these two. And thinking about them I realized I never took comparison pictures.

20220918_174818.jpg
20220918_175022.jpg
20220918_175057.jpg

Besides the face shapes, it is definitely different looking down on the gloss after this many matte rounds. Especially indoors. When I was hitting on monitor last week I got shined a couple times by the overheard lights. Something might have to be done about that. :unsure:

Last edited:
Hit the tsr2 and 3 today. Tsr3 was the winner so far. Ball speeds were pretty impressive, good sound and feel

Last edited:
Starting to get the sequence down and settled in on hozel adjustment with my 1K Black TSR4.

Hit my longest drive today and a second that was just behind the previous long. Had a couple stinkers, but that's all me.

Moving the tee hight up a touch more as this combo is LOW. My first ever that can stay low and just GOOOO! Good to have that option into the wind. This thing scoffs at it;)
Why do you think those two long drives were due to the driver and the bad ones due to you?

In honor of new forthcoming information from some studs at an event...

I think I will take the 4 out and crush some drives today, and tomorrow :drinks:

For those seeking that information, it can be found here:
I like it!! I plan to do the same!

If work allows. If I can make work allow. Because TSR bombs don't know it's a Monday, and I miss the sound of crushed TSR3 on course. :love:

Why do you think those two long drives were due to the driver and the bad ones due to you?
Quality of swing. The combo wants to perform but sometimes I won't let it;)

I like it!! I plan to do the same!

If work allows. If I can make work allow. Because TSR bombs don't know it's a Monday, and I miss the sound of crushed TSR3 on course. :love:
And crush it I did! It's all coming together.

Bumped up the LD number a touch even with a spinnier ball I was trying! Kicked myself for not playing the CSXLS! I think every drive was in the fairway. Not so with the 2UDi, it was being funny today.

Got paired with 4 singles today, felt kinda weird but after that monster they started to stand behind me to watch:eek: Raising the tee height just a touch higher has helped a lot.

And crush it I did! It's all coming together.

Bumped up the LD number a touch even with a spinnier ball I was trying! Kicked myself for not playing the CSXLS! I think every drive was in the fairway. Not so with the 2UDi, it was being funny today.

Got paired with 4 singles today, felt kinda weird but after that monster they started to stand behind me to watch:eek: Raising the tee height just a touch higher has helped a lot.
I'm out here having fun with it. Love this thing off the face.

Also, look at the 1k Black! :oops:

Screenshot_20220919-153717_Video Player.jpg

Lensing effect??

The camera science is always mind boggling to me. Isn't happening like that but a cool trick for the eyes:drinks:

Couple examples of the forgiveness I've seen with the TSR3.

First one ^ was just a bit towards the heel, but you still get that great density of sound, it still had a slight draw, and didn't spin up and die. Really nice end result. I've seen spin max out at about 26-2700 for me when missing heel side or a little low. The face seems really good for my strike pattern. Good above center, without dropping spin too low, and real stable flights that don't spin up too much heel side. As long as I stay off the real low part of the face, it's pretty automatic.

Next one was a bit of a miss too. Not in strike, but I missed my trajectory a bit. Overpushed the draw and did NOT plan on hitting it that high. The wind was in off the right. I had intended to hit a more mid flight mild push draw that would run. That thing got UP into the breeze, but was still a real strong flight. It didn't actually run out much. A big hop and then caught the edge of the rough.

I've mentioned I've been surprised how much height I'm getting with this combo. There's some forgiveness in my misses getting up in the air. As a lower spin guy usually, that shapes the ball a lot, a miss that doesn't have much air under it can get weird in a hurry. The stability in the head and the more forgiving trajectories on my misses has been really enjoyable. And it shows up in the result. Outside of a couple, I wasn't pushing big speed today, but had a bunch of long high drives. Really good efficiency.

Tried the TSR 2, 3 and 4 today. I'm a high-spin player with the driver.

Started with my gamer, Mizuno STZ 9° set at 10°. Swing speed was 97-103 today on the Trackman. Shaft is the Fujikura Motore F3 6s

Best shots were 240 carry with 2500-2700 spin. When I don't swing well I can climb into 4000 territory with 3500 being pretty consistent.

Same swing with the TSR2 produced much better results. All TSR drivers were 9° A1 (neutral)

With the Hzrdus Black 6.0 I was around 101mph, 2500-2600 spin, 15°-16° launch and 255-260 yards carry. The TSR3 and 4 were as good on good strikes but far less forgiving on my mis-hits. Adjusted the TSR3 with the weight in the toe but it was clear that the TSR2 was the best head for my swing.

I tried the Callaway (forget the name) MAX. Felt good but wasn't any better than my Mizuno.

Anyway...back to the TSR2, this was performing well. I tend to keep the face open at impact causing my spin to sky rocket. I had much better control with the TSR2 and was hitting nice fades that were consistently within 4 yards of one another. Was so comfortable with this club, it was literally point and shoot.

I tried the Tensei White & black, Graphite Design XC6 but the stock Hzrdus Black 4G 60 was giving the best results.

What sold me on the TSR2 was a mis-hit that launched around 20° but spin dropped to 1800. I still got my 260ish carry and the ball wasn't one I'd lose on the course. It was to the right but in play. Ball speeds didn't drop much on toe strikes.

What I found interesting was that my smash factor with the TSR2 was never below 1.43, usually 1.44 and peaked at 1.47. The Mizuno tops out at 1.43 and is usually 1.36-1.38 for me.

Consistent mis-hits would spin at 3500rpm but produced small fades down the middle of the fairway and carried 253 yards. (Rolling 263). I'd take those misses any day compared to my Mizuno. Launch was between 10° and 11°.

I highly recommend the TSR2 to anyone looking for more forgiveness. I gained 15-20 yards in carry distance, even on a mis-hit.

Had big plans to hit a bunch of new stuff but my wrist is saying aggressively not nice things to me about that plan. Not going to happen today. Think I maybe got just enough variety in before crying my way out to show what I've been talking about with the spin I'm seeing on the TSR3.

20220920_112151.jpg

I can pretty much hit all the shots with it because of that. I can put a strong draw on it or catch it just above center and it doesn't bottom out on spin and dive. Still maintains a good flight. I've mentioned that on big high fades I'm not seeing more than 26/2700 which is pretty great when I really have to move one high over a corner, and I can hit a flatter cut that's right about 2k and chases really well. Not quite as easy to move that one to the right as with my Stealth Plus, but the flight and spin are great. And there's just a lot of good, and forgiveness, in something that can do some of that while not punishing me when I cook one a bit or move above center. I've actually been able to hit a lot of nice high draws in that 23-500 range to place over things too, but in general it's been like I said. Stock is like 1950-2050 like clockwork, and things work off that without really ever going over 2700. Comes out to about 2100 average over sessions usually.

Had planned to do some head to heads and whatnot but best laid plans... It'll have to wait for another day. Too much golf during new club stuff lately coming home to roost.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if True Spec is fitting the TSR yet? Their blog isn't particularly helpful, would like to make a fitting appt but can't tell if they have the new heads.

Does anyone know if True Spec is fitting the TSR yet? Their blog isn't particularly helpful, would like to make a fitting appt but can't tell if they have the new heads.
I don't see why they wouldn't have the new heads for fittings. They've been out for those purposes for a bit now.

Went and demoed the TSR3. Dispersion was very good, either slightly right or slightly left of target.

Tried a few shafts and couldn’t get the spin down below 3k even when turning it over.

Focused rounds are done for a bit and ready to get back to the battle between these two. And thinking about them I realized I never took comparison pictures.

View attachment 9121553
View attachment 9121554
View attachment 9121555

Besides the face shapes, it is definitely different looking down on the gloss after this many matte rounds. Especially indoors. When I was hitting on monitor last week I got shined a couple times by the overheard lights. Something might have to be done about that. :unsure:
It is interesting how upright the stealth appears.

These are excellent drivers.

EXCELLENT.

TSR4 is 100% the right fit for me. Playing in front of the person who designed the club today, I showed that pretty decently!

Back