Definitely. When you hit it well it just feels absolutely crushed. I haven’t been able to tell if it gets more lift than my old three wood but it just feels like a more piercing flight. I feel like that could be a possible go to club on the tee box in the future. It’s rare you could describe a three wood as in control but it really feels like you can control its flight and direction which can’t be said for three woods often.
It’s funny you say piercing. I just got done at the range and was smoking the 16.5. I have it set on D1, so delofted .75* and was hitting very far moon shots off the deck and off the tee. It is great through because it can hold the green so much better now. If I do need to have a lower piercing flight it’s very easy to be able to flight it down with minimal loss of distance. I don’t remember loving a fairway so fast and so much as this one.

Hit this 4w at the range tonight as well and it continues to just impress the hell out of me. I'm carrying this thing 240+ on good strikes, and even the toe-y fat miss I'm notorious for doesn't snap hook on me like other fairways did, and still carries out 220+. And off a tee it's just filthy, I can get 250+ out of it (see #16 at Ballyhack Day 1...270 🤯). Going to be such a weapon for me if I can keep this up.

Oh and wanted to mention that my fairway percentage on tee shots with it was 75% at Ballyhack across 2 rounds... Small data set but I'll still take that (y)

Curious to know how the TSR2 fw compares to the 3 in terms of launch, feels…

Curious to know how the TSR2 fw compares to the 3 in terms of launch, feels…

I haven't hit much of the 3, since the 2 was a clear winner at my fitting pretty quickly, but I know the 2 launches a little higher and spins a little more. Probably slightly less forgiving, but if anything like the driver it's not much, and it's more about what kind of spin and launch window do you need to hit.

TSR2 5W final thoughts. It's fast. Sounds good. Easy to launch low when wanted, but it spins up a bit. Can hit real high, lower spin ones with it, but it's more of a bubbly flight. It's a 5W.

Don't love the way it looks at address. Face lines, and it sits a bit closed to me, which is odd because the 3 and 3+ don't. Can put the 15* in B1 and it looks really good. Something to do with the way the added loft shapes the face in relation to the hosel maybe.

Prefer the 3.

First round with TSR2+ in the books, and holy cow I love it! Paired it with the a HZRDUS G4 6.5 70g shaft. Played 9 holes, hit it 7 times. Had a sustained ~10mph wind today, and was between 240-280 yards depending on wind direction. Flight was medium-high and penetrating. Everything was straight until I got lazy and blocked one on hole #9. Stayed in and didn’t cost me. Have a Titleist driver fitting coming up next Saturday, but loving my TSR2+ and TSR2 5-wood!E4A450C8-11B7-4924-A367-DD3428FA0E4F.png

Only hit the 4w once this round, and it was a bit chunked so nothing special. Still love ya though TSR2, and hope to hit ya more next round (y)

Oh 2+, you silly beast.

I’m pretty addicted to this one. Shape wise at setup, it’s a killer imo. Slightly bigger footprint but the shape truly flows making it not appear bulbous or awkward. Instead, it’s pretty ideal for one who seeks out this type of club.

I also fear that it having 13.0 on it will prevent people who should try it, from trying it. This does NOT require the effort of other strong 3 woods I have played in the last year including Cobra and Callaway. It wants to get up fast.

The biggest thing which still sticks in my head from the deck is from my fitting, I was told to take a little turf with it and it unlocked the world. It wants to be swing aggressively there, not babied and swept. That said, when I want that flat bullet from the grass, I shallow the swing out and use a little sweep to accomplish that. It’s versatile in that way.

If you need another reason to get behind :titleist:and this product… when I was @ Ballyhack my TSR3 FW was making a rattle. Stephanie tightened the weight plate for me and said it might be a defect. She was going to send me a new plate after the event. Got home today and had a package waiting for me…
6F3BC2C3-E7B5-41FF-BD5A-4056A7847D22.jpeg
Stephanie sent a whole new head just to make sure!! I loved hitting the one that might not have been perfect.. Can’t wait to go smash this one!!

If you need another reason to get behind :titleist:and this product… when I was @ Ballyhack my TSR3 FW was making a rattle. Stephanie tightened the weight plate for me and said it might be a defect. She was going to send me a new plate after the event. Got home today and had a package waiting for me…
View attachment 9124888
Stephanie sent a whole new head just to make sure!! I loved hitting the one that might not have been perfect.. Can’t wait to go smash this one!!
That is fantastic!!

Hit the range Saturday and changed the adapter to B2. It was a mixed bag, like the rest of the shots I'd hit with this club, to this point. I love the ball flight with this club when hit right, but I've been a little off with my swings with it, so far.

Tonight, I hit the best one yet -- it even had a little draw on it, which is a fleeting occurrence for me. This is almost an ideal result off the tee for me on this hole, as it is a tight chute for a fader with backyards in play if you go too far right beyond the cart path:

1664845609330.png

If I can start to hit little draws with this club...:eek:

There was also a vicious pull that was not the fault of the club, obviously. Consistency has been lacking for me with this club, so far.

Last edited:
I finally got out to put some serious swings on my TSR2 3 wood today. I played nine holes and used it off the tee 4 times, the rough twice and fairway once.

Off the tee it performed very well. A nice little draw with a piercing trajectory that cut the wind. My miss was heel side on a couple and I still got decent distance with a good amount of rollout.

Out of the rough both shots were pretty good. This isn't going to cut through the right like a hybrid or long iron of course but I was able to get the ball popped out pretty well. My first one went just slightly less then what I would expect from off the fairway.

For anyone using the TSR2 fairway wood, what is your thought on the sound? There were a couple of shots where it almost had a hollow sound to it. The others all felt and sounded great but a couple just had a different tone to them.

I finally got out to put some serious swings on my TSR2 3 wood today. I played nine holes and used it off the tee 4 times, the rough twice and fairway once.

Off the tee it performed very well. A nice little draw with a piercing trajectory that cut the wind. My miss was heel side on a couple and I still got decent distance with a good amount of rollout.

Out of the rough both shots were pretty good. This isn't going to cut through the right like a hybrid or long iron of course but I was able to get the ball popped out pretty well. My first one went just slightly less then what I would expect from off the fairway.

For anyone using the TSR2 fairway wood, what is your thought on the sound? There were a couple of shots where it almost had a hollow sound to it. The others all felt and sounded great but a couple just had a different tone to them.
I’ve got the 2+, but, it’s unique. Different than the TSi2 I played for a bit, for sure.

That said, I enjoy it. And I MASH it hahaha

Reactions: KEV
View attachment 9124888

This is awesome. Well done Steph and Titleist crew!!

This TSR3 16.5 makes me smile big and a lot. Love this club

Snagged a TSR2 15 fw off the used rack in minty condition for $249 out the door. Figured wth....

This TSR3 16.5 makes me smile big and a lot. Love this club
I have same club w/ same reaction

Mine is a TSR2 but right there with you guys. It is a rocket launcher and reminds me fondly of my old 910F 17* with an 'ahina 70 in it, except way faster and more forgiving.

Mine is a TSR2 but right there with you guys. It is a rocket launcher and reminds me fondly of my old 910F 17* with an 'ahina 70 in it, except way faster and more forgiving.
I loved the 910 lineup, definitely one of my favorites

View attachment 9124888

That’s some A++++ customer service.

I love my TSR3 wood. Like the launch is pretty high but I don’t feel like I lose distance. Ballyhack I had 262 and 255 distances the first day. Again I also feel like it’s controlled. Like I always really dreaded pulling my three wood before and now I step up with confidence. It’s a great feeling.

That’s some A++++ customer service.

I love my TSR3 wood. Like the launch is pretty high but I don’t feel like I lose distance. Ballyhack I had 262 and 255 distances the first day. Again I also feel like it’s controlled. Like I always really dreaded pulling my three wood before and now I step up with confidence. It’s a great feeling.
I'm a little shorter distance wise but if I need 230 and straight the TSR3 FW is automatic. Might be my fav over my driver 🤫

I hit the TSR2+ sorta OK. I might have hit some decently moved ones both days on #10 at Ballyhack. Allegedly. :LOL:

Back