Titleist Velocity

Hoganman1

Reaction score
I've never played this ball because I thought it was your basic rock for high handicappers. I've been a ProV1 player for years because I like it's overall performance. However, I've noticed more and more of my senior buddies are playing the Velocity. One guy is a 6 handicap and he says the extra length off the tee is worth the trade for losing spin on chips. I need more distance too at age 71. I've tried the Callaway SuperSoft and it's fairly long. I've adjusted for the lack of spin around the green, but I wonder if there's something longer out there. Are any of you older guys with indexes below ten playing the Velocity?

Have a friend I play with regularly he is 66, he likes it. He allows for the roll out around the greens and has learned to master that rollout.

I've dabbled with the velocity. Its a pretty solid ball for sure. Definitely turns some drives into bombs. Lacks some spin, but that's ok. I like it better than tour speed.

I have two sleeves of this Velocity ball I'm going to try in couple of months. Right now Im putting that Super Soft ball through it's paces.

I'm not a low capper, but I've heard some good things about this ball.

Local courses are beginning to start their over seeding process. With shorter grass, and firmer fairways, every ball being used has a pretty decent roll out.

If you control the green shots you can play but gotta remember your ball is going to run out on approach shots.

I may give the Velocity a try. It's been so humid here in Charlotte our fairways have not been as firm as usual. I need to get some roll to get my drives past 200 these days. At my age 10 to 15 yards really makes a difference. The reviews I've read say the 2020 version is a little better around the green than previous year's models. I've been able to adjust to the SuperSofts on my chips, so hopefully the same will be true with the Velocity.
Thanks for all the input and please keep responding.

Back