Titleist Vokey SM8 Wedges

I’m usually not a fan of black clubs, but the logo and design works well on this club to my eye:

4E1C0C0A-6E9F-4FA3-8BCD-4984FA043B5D.jpeg

I will be a fan of these probably after they go thru the Pro reviews & adjustments. Once they get the final design down. I hope they address the spin. I never saw much of spin difference between the 6 & 7. That's why the SM6 is still in the bag (y)

I will be a fan of these probably after they go thru the Pro reviews & adjustments. Once they get the final design down. I hope they address the spin. I never saw much of spin difference between the 6 & 7. That's why the SM6 is still in the bag (y)
SM7 was more evolution - I believe moving COG towards center instead of heel and a few other issues. I like the raw hand ground in the 7. Probably only reason to change is the grind or wearing down of grooves.

This is a modernization of the line, similar to what has been done with their irons, FJ apparel and footwear. I think they have done an outstanding job in most if not all categories.

I know it's marketed a bit differently, but what you are seeing is pretty much the final product.

I know it's marketed a bit differently, but what you are seeing is pretty much the final product.
Well that's kinda disappointing. I thought that was the whole point of the testing phase out with the Pro's? To eventually tweak the design :unsure:

Anyone know what the A grind is?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191125-195017_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20191125-195017_Instagram.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 22
I like em. Pretty sweet looking. I’m more a Callaway guy but I love the Vokey wedges.

I’ll have them, just a matter of which ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I only like the black ones from the pics I’ve seen, the satin looks big with all the open space on the back. I’m sure like most clubs in hand will look better..

Ugggghhhhhhhhhhhhh

I really like the black, wonder how it wears. They do a great job offering such a comprehensive lineup

I’d have to go wedgeworks.

#RAW

These are gorgeous. I’ve got 3 SM7’s so I don’t know if I need these quite yet.

Agree, but not worth the extra $$.

Yes, it is - hand ground, the only way to go. You can still grind them afterwards, and it looks great. I have SM7 hand grounds - look so much better than retail and I had the trailing edge ground down afterwards on the D Grind.

Last edited:
Sticking with my SM7s.

Vokey fans, see this.

Back