Titleist Vokey SM8 Wedges

So many options on the WW site too. :oops:

It's one thing that they do so well vs others. I really wish Callaway would catch up with the options that Vokey offers.

I am really looking forward to hearing reviews on these. I will probably replace my 54 at some point this year. The weighting story sounds really good on these.

If I didn't have new wedges in the bag these would be in the bag for sure.

Mine are ordered and will be in any day #JetBlack

Yes, it is - hand ground, the only way to go. You can still grind them afterwards, and it looks great. I have SM7 hand grounds - look so much better than retail and I had the trailing edge ground down afterwards on the D Grind.

I agree its cool and nice to dial in the shape you want. Still. just a lot of $$$. I typically do not think it benefits my game past the very nice bag bling.

I agree its cool and nice to dial in the shape you want. Still. just a lot of $$$. I typically do not think it benefits my game past the very nice bag bling.
Let me tell you, a raw wedge with some rust on it, does not say Bling!

I like the slim look at address - makes the wedge look a heckava lot better. It's $75 and I get choice of shafts, etc. For me, the wedges are next to driver, the most investigated clubs in the bag. Putter - I know what I need - little to no offset and mallet type head, and then see if it aims with 350-360g. But the SW and LW do so many different things - it must be right.

Let me tell you, a raw wedge with some rust on it, does not say Bling!

I like the slim look at address - makes the wedge look a heckava lot better. It's $75 and I get choice of shafts, etc. For me, the wedges are next to driver, the most investigated clubs in the bag. Putter - I know what I need - little to no offset and mallet type head, and then see if it aims with 350-360g. But the SW and LW do so many different things - it must be right.

Well, bling in a different way.. haha. I LOVE raw wedges. Its not shiny but it screams custom. I feel you. I know I shouldn't as wedges are the most under appreciated clubs in the bag, while at the same time being one/some of the most important. I just wonder if the cost is worth it, when say Mizuno wedges you can get raw with no upcharge.

I would never tell someone how to spend their money. It is inner turmoil being discussed openly here.

Hmmmmm...

Well, bling in a different way.. haha. I LOVE raw wedges. Its not shiny but it screams custom. I feel you. I know I shouldn't as wedges are the most under appreciated clubs in the bag, while at the same time being one/some of the most important. I just wonder if the cost is worth it, when say Mizuno wedges you can get raw with no upcharge.

I would never tell someone how to spend their money. It is inner turmoil being discussed openly here.
I just bought the Mizuno MP T20 wedges -- but I had to spend extra to have my club guy put in a Nippon Pro Modus Wedge 115 shaft -- should be standard. I have the satin chrome because the raw doesn't give you the hyrdrophillic advantage of that wedge. I wanted raw but wanted that tech.

I just bought the Mizuno MP T20 wedges -- but I had to spend extra to have my club guy put in a Nippon Pro Modus Wedge 115 shaft -- should be standard. I have the satin chrome because the raw doesn't give you the hyrdrophillic advantage of that wedge. I wanted raw but wanted that tech.

Totally get it. Equipment is always a give and take. What do you give and what do you take. Do you play in fairly wet conditions? I am in the desert so it is not as much of an issue. Usually only in the mornings after they have watered.

Totally get it. Equipment is always a give and take. What do you give and what do you take. Do you play in fairly wet conditions? I am in the desert so it is not as much of an issue. Usually only in the mornings after they have watered.
Morning dew is typically medium to heavy in late fall, winter, spring. Wet in spring, lots of moisture from sprinklers around greens at times. Dry starting in mid-May to mid-October. I will see what these do and then maybe pick'em up raw in June - maybe a different loft in summer, go up to 60 for baked greens

I really like the black, wonder how it wears. They do a great job offering such a comprehensive lineup
My SM7's in the jet black have held up pretty well. I actually bought them because it was the finish designed to rust, yet there's still a lot of black on them. Will likely go with the more traditional finish when I get these though. Need a change from black wedges :)

I am a little confused by this. The last two vokey models were all about moving weight up to the high flange for a penetrating flight? Now the are moving it lower into the toe and hosel.

I am a little confused by this. The last two vokey models were all about moving weight up to the high flange for a penetrating flight? Now the are moving it lower into the toe and hosel.

Ought to be more forgiving, moving weight away from heel and towards toe -- but I thought that's what SM7 did. Probably small improvement, not revolutionary. I don't have an issue squaring up the SM7 - as one pro said in trailer about SM8 ... "easy to square up!" Really.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......

Ryan at Budget has tempted me.

Wouldn't be Raw, but, I do like Vokey's satin chrome.

you have my attention...and yes, there is still a sad face on the raw price

you have my attention...and yes, there is still a sad face on the raw price
Sad face, black eye, same thing. hahahaha

These are going to look GOOD with my T200/T100S combo set!(y)

For the first time ever with a Vokey, I am aesthetically underwhelmed.

In fact they remind me of some other wedge offerings out there more than anything.

But, man that is a lot of surface area to stamp!
I talked ****, and, ended up buying a set. Sound about right.

REACH OUT TO BUDGET GOLF Y’ALL! That’s all I’m saying! They even managed to order the Raw ones for me.

I talked ****, and, ended up buying a set. Sound about right.

REACH OUT TO BUDGET GOLF Y’ALL! That’s all I’m saying! They even managed to order the Raw ones for me.
What'd you get????

Back