Titleist Vokey SM8 Wedges

I agree. I feel that I can be super aggressive with them.
Such a great feeling isn't it? Confidence in wedges is something that is often overlooked.

Good day with the SM8 wedges today, especially the 56*. I missed dunking a chip shot on #12 by less than 1” but chipped in for a nice birdie on #15.

I have always played Cleveland or Callaway wedges, definitely looking at the Titleist this coming year.

The feel and control is truly confidence inspiring. If I have one of my SM8's in my hand I know the ball will be close to my target.
Same which is something I have not had in a while

I know the new versions are probably coming out soon, so I wanted to say how awesome the SM8s still are. These wedges are just about perfect for me. I'm not sure how they will be outdone.

I know the new versions are probably coming out soon, so I wanted to say how awesome the SM8s still are. These wedges are just about perfect for me. I'm not sure how they will be outdone.

Agreed i cannot see changing them out. The SM8s have such a good feel it will be hard to improve.

After having played raw wedges for years, I recently switched my set to Tour Chrome. I so like how they feel. Everything feels so buttery.

Do you think there are different feels for the different wedge finishes. I am going to order wedges when the SM9s are released and haven't settled on finish yet. I am thinking either brushed steel or black because of potential for glare but not that married to any of the finishes.

Do you think there are different feels for the different wedge finishes. I am going to order wedges when the SM9s are released and haven't settled on finish yet. I am thinking either brushed steel or black because of potential for glare but not that married to any of the finishes.
Having played them all, I think the chrome "feel" the softest. The brushed steel feel very hard. As far as glare is concerned, the chrome isn't polished, so no issue there. But then again, I've never seen a glare on any club..... keep your eye on the ball! :p

Having played them all, I think the chrome "feel" the softest. The brushed steel feel very hard. As far as glare is concerned, the chrome isn't polished, so no issue there. But then again, I've never seen a glare on any club..... keep your eye on the ball! :p

I have only had glare issues at setup not once the club is in motion. I did only hit the tour chrome in my fitting.

I love how the raw has weathered.

The black has kept its finish.

I missed the bronze/copper release.

I may go with a couple of these this year when the 9’s come out and I can get them on a discount. Looks like both local places still have a bunch in stock. Vokeys always treat me right. I like the look of the SM8’s better than the 9’s based on today’s photos.

I know I'm behind the times, but I just played my first round with my new SM8 wedges. I went with the 56M grind and the 60L grind after my Titleist Thursday fitting proved that I do much better with low bounce.

First of all, the 56M Grind is absolutely amazing. It's early, but it may be the best grind I've ever used. Works perfect on so many different shots.
The 60L was awesome for me today whenever I was short sided, even in soggy and soft conditions.

I'm very happy with these, especially after getting 2 SM8s to my specs for the price of 1 SM9. Anyone else still using these?

I know I'm behind the times, but I just played my first round with my new SM8 wedges. I went with the 56M grind and the 60L grind after my Titleist Thursday fitting proved that I do much better with low bounce.

First of all, the 56M Grind is absolutely amazing. It's early, but it may be the best grind I've ever used. Works perfect on so many different shots.
The 60L was awesome for me today whenever I was short sided, even in soggy and soft conditions.

I'm very happy with these, especially after getting 2 SM8s to my specs for the price of 1 SM9. Anyone else still using these?
Not behind, the 8s are baller. Enjoy!

I still use mine they have a good amount of life left in them. Same grinds 56°M and 60°L.

I got 8’s last season. I love mine.

I saw today that Scheffler still using SM8s as well.

Back