Titleist Vokey SM8 Wedges

Have never played Vokey wedges but am considering trying a 54 or 56 and a 60 degree wedge. I typically use my sand wedge for full shots, out of bunker and certain longer chips. My lob wedge I use for greenside chipping, flop shots, bunker shots certain pitches. Any suggestions on grinds I may want to try out? I live in Pa so experience a mix of firm, average and soft conditions depending on time of year and course.

Also, does Titleist swing weight vokey wedges? I know stock specs say D5 - however, if I order with a different shaft (Project X) and a midsized grip will they adjust swing weight? Or will I just get whatever it comes out as?
I would really recommend checking to see if you have any Titleist Thursday near your. It's free and you get to go through the fitting and hit different lofts and grinds to see what works best for you. I thought it was a great experience.

I got to hit a few more on the range last night. They were flying high and where I wanted to go. I only got to hit one with it as we were playing a 9 hole 2 man scramble. That was from a bad lie trying to take some off but still clear trees. I didn't make a great swing and caught the trees but it was straight. Hopefully I can get a few more shots in with it tomorrow morning. I may have to lay up with some irons to that distance to get them though lol. Overall I'm very happy with the little look and feel. Can't wait to get the other 2 wedges in.

Have never played Vokey wedges but am considering trying a 54 or 56 and a 60 degree wedge. I typically use my sand wedge for full shots, out of bunker and certain longer chips. My lob wedge I use for greenside chipping, flop shots, bunker shots certain pitches. Any suggestions on grinds I may want to try out? I live in Pa so experience a mix of firm, average and soft conditions depending on time of year and course.

Also, does Titleist swing weight vokey wedges? I know stock specs say D5 - however, if I order with a different shaft (Project X) and a midsized grip will they adjust swing weight? Or will I just get whatever it comes out as?

I found a titleist fitter who credited me back my fitting price towards the wedges

I need to upgrade to these. They are looking good

Looking good. Luckily it won't take too long for the new ones to catch up once you get them.

Dang @AnthonyC that is crazy! I love having the 4 SM8's in the bag.

I've been hard pondering a 4th SM8 as well... Loving the ones I have in the bag right now; Had some more work to do on the range this weekend. Just fantastic spin, feel, workmanship in these wedges

I've been hard pondering a 4th SM8 as well... Loving the ones I have in the bag right now; Had some more work to do on the range this weekend. Just fantastic spin, feel, workmanship in these wedges

Cant agree more i love hitting these clubs. My pitching and chipping has been great. I do have to commit to my shot sometimes I decel and come up a bit short. The ball flight is great. The steel shafts are working so good i ordered some T200's with steel this week LOL

The results keep getting better and better with the SM8 wedges. One of the best things in my bag for sure. The feel these have for me is unbeatable!
sew83.jpg

What are everyones thoughts on the D grind v. M grind? They seem very similar - I have seen reference that the D grind has a bit more bounce.

What are everyones thoughts on the D grind v. M grind? They seem very similar - I have seen reference that the D grind has a bit more bounce.

I have the D grind in both 54 and 58 and absolutely love them. Favorite wedges I’ve played and my short game is the best it’s ever been. I was worried about very tight lies but it has been no problem whatsoever. From rough and the sand it is exceptional. Can’t recommend it enough.

Finally getting to post my other two wedges Got them about a week and a half ago but was having issues with my phone and couldn’t get pics then. I’ve played a couple rounds and hit a few off the range so far. From that little bit I am loving them so far. The spin that these generate is great. I’ve hit a few low shots from 70-80 yards that really bit hard and kept them from rolling off the green. The look and feel are great and the jet black really prevents the glare that I got from my SM7s. Hoping to get to play are bunch this weekend and give more feedback then.

Attachments

• 869D352E-CAFF-4B82-B0A5-9971FAEE962E.jpeg
    869D352E-CAFF-4B82-B0A5-9971FAEE962E.jpeg
    125.9 KB · Views: 13
  • F3390205-6490-4A58-A7A8-6E66812538BA.jpeg
    F3390205-6490-4A58-A7A8-6E66812538BA.jpeg
    93.6 KB · Views: 13
Finally getting to post my other two wedges Got them about a week and a half ago but was having issues with my phone and couldn’t get pics then. I’ve played a couple rounds and hit a few off the range so far. From that little bit I am loving them so far. The spin that these generate is great. I’ve hit a few low shots from 70-80 yards that really bit hard and kept them from rolling off the green. The look and feel are great and the jet black really prevents the glare that I got from my SM7s. Hoping to get to play are bunch this weekend and give more feedback then.

Yooooo those are sick!

You are so right about the spin. I was just practicing 40-80 yards, and wow. So easy to flight the ball and spin it.

Yooooo those are sick!

You are so right about the spin. I was just practicing 40-80 yards, and wow. So easy to flight the ball and spin it.
I can say the same about yours. The Jet black with the black irons makes for a sweet looking bag!

I haven't been playing or practicing the short game as much lately. Hoping with it cooling off a little to get a little more time to practice with these. The short game hasn't been bad but not a crisp as normal. I've got a member guest with @H8tobogie in a couple weeks and our club championship in about a month so these will give me a reason to get out and practice. The full approach shots with the 54 and 49 have been money though. This was Saturday from about 108 with the 54. Pin high to about 9 ft and made the birdie putt! Chipped one on the next hole with the 54 to about 1 ft for another birdie.

Attachments

• 4BC92AF2-E5D7-4F5A-B853-DF949F865790.jpeg
    4BC92AF2-E5D7-4F5A-B853-DF949F865790.jpeg
    139.1 KB · Views: 10
Back