Titleist Vokey SM8 Wedges

I can say the same about yours. The Jet black with the black irons makes for a sweet looking bag!

I haven't been playing or practicing the short game as much lately. Hoping with it cooling off a little to get a little more time to practice with these. The short game hasn't been bad but not a crisp as normal. I've got a member guest with @H8tobogie in a couple weeks and our club championship in about a month so these will give me a reason to get out and practice. The full approach shots with the 54 and 49 have been money though. This was Saturday from about 108 with the 54. Pin high to about 9 ft and made the birdie putt! Chipped one on the next hole with the 54 to about 1 ft for another birdie.
I've been hitting the short game area more lately. Hoping I am dialed for the MG!

I have the 54 S Grind & 60 K Grind. Best wedges I’ve ever owned...The K Grind is automatic from greenside bunkers!!

What are everyones thoughts on the D grind v. M grind? They seem very similar - I have seen reference that the D grind has a bit more bounce.
I’ve said it in here a few times but the D is the M on steroids. More bounce, little less relief on the heel and toe, and freaking deadly from the sand and rough.

The SM8 is a great wedge. I am enjoying my 52 and 56 and but I miss not having a 60 lob. Problem is I don't know what to take out in the top end. I guess one option is to go with a 54 / 58. The 58 should play close to a 60.

I've been waiting a month on mine from Titleist and they were ordered from PGA so I can't track em. Anticipation is killing me lol My game is not the same gaming my old wedges while the SM8s are being resent.

Does anyone have a 50.08F and find they need more bounce, or does it work from varying conditions?
Here in the midwest, it can be softer turf and sand is all over the map.

Really like these a lot. Did some wedge perusing and the 54S and 58K have me intrigued. Just that 50 that leaves some question. It is interesting the Vokeys went longer hosels/counterweighted and others are now going shorter hosels.

Man, the cost of a set of wedges now, you better be sure.

Does anyone have a 50.08F and find they need more bounce, or does it work from varying conditions?

Really like these a lot. Did some wedge perusing and the 54S and 58K have me intrigued. Just that 50 that leaves some question. It is interesting the Vokeys went longer hosels/counterweighted and others are now going shorter hosels.

I had 8 bounce at first in my set and swapped em out for 12

I had 8 bounce at first in my set and swapped em out for 12
Ya know, another instance where I'm battling the OEM website and didn't get to the info I really wanted. I see the 50.12 now. Thank you.

Same here: 50.12F. Super versatile club with great turf interaction and relief. My most favorite club at the moment.
Do you have other lofts/grinds in them as well?
I just looked and my Cleveland is 50.10 and a couple degrees more bounce would help there.
I like more bounce and sole width for forgiveness rather than going to a larger wedge head size overall. The S and K grinds are calling...

I just looked and my Cleveland is 50.10 and a couple degrees more bounce would help there.
I like more bounce and sole width for forgiveness rather than going to a larger wedge head size overall. The S and K grinds are calling...
Unfortunately not. I‘ve been a Ping guy before and played the Glide 3.0. The Vokey was just for testing and I kept it due to the performance and a great deal which unfortunately expired before I could order the remaining wedges (normally, I work my short game with 46/50/54 - so 46 and 54 still on my list).

I don't tend to go below 10 on many. I personally find it more swing dependent than conditions. If I played on tight hardpan I would use an 8, but that's about it. In Nebraska a 12 seemed about right for most.

I've been shopping sm8's all morning for my next iron set. They really don't have what I want to fit that set though. Right now I'm thinking a 52/12F bent to 50/10, a 54/10S, and a 56/08M bent to 58.

Last edited:

I went 50,54,58 all 12 bounce F / D /D grinds, precious tried 50.08F , 56.08 , 60.08 I forget what grinds I tried

Looked at these and the glide. Seriously tough decision

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used the 54 S quite a bit today.... insane feel and stopping power. I was able to be aggressive.
Stop it!! Grind and loft that I'm contemplating even? :ROFLMAO:
How did you settle on the D for the lob? Thinking K...

Well I have the M grind for my SM6s and love it. I figured I could benefit from some more bounce so I went with the D, which is just a bigger M.
OK, now I have to add that to the consideration. Have an older SM with an M grind. Super versatile. The added bounce does appeal on the D.

OK, now I have to add that to the consideration. Have an older SM with an M grind. Super versatile. The added bounce does appeal on the D.

Who cares what appeals to you per say. It’s all where you play. Living in Florida the D was a given if you like the M. I felt the same way at first but can’t argue with the results

Who cares what appeals to you per say. It’s all where you play. Living in Florida the D was a given if you like the M. I felt the same way at first but can’t argue with the results
Well, it appeals to me due to where I play, correct.
It gets soft up here when it rains. Bunkers are a mixed bag. Did you ever consider the K?

I’m still really loving these SM8s. When I’m striking these well, I have no issue holding the greens or chipping close to the pin.

I’m currently working on improving my bunker shots and consistency with these. Whatever issues I have with them I know is more reflective of my swing than these wedges. They have rock solid performance in every shot and when I strike them well they feel amazing!

Back