Titleist Vokey SM8 Wedges

Man. Tough one. I enjoy both, but the D is more aggressive through interaction if that makes sense.

going to do the d grind in a 54 or 56 just wasn’t sure if I wanted to something a tiny bit more verisrile for hard bunkers and speciality shots in the 60 .
Trying to decide between the 60d or 60 mid or even the 58 mid bent to a 59 or 60

I have the 60 D and its amazing. I have the SM6 in a 69 M and thats amazing too. I just realized I didn't help.

going to do the d grind in a 54 or 56 just wasn’t sure if I wanted to something a tiny bit more verisrile for hard bunkers and speciality shots in the 60 .
Trying to decide between the 60d or 60 mid or even the 58 mid bent to a 59 or 60

I have the 54* in the D grind and it is money... with the heel relief it makes short work of hardpans. :D

Do we have word on if they're coming out with a replacement this year?

Do we have word on if they're coming out with a replacement this year?

It's only been about a year for the SM8's so 2022 would be a more realistic timeframe.

It's only been about a year for the SM8's so 2022 would be a more realistic timeframe.
That's what I figured. Just hadn't heard a definitive. Thinking about some custom options and don't necessarily want to invest if they're going to bring a new release before next year.

Saw this on my Twitter feed and have to say I am a huge fan of all the color options here.

Really like the Brushed Steel finish.

I have a 50*, 54* and 58* in Brushed Steel coming. It's been a long time since I had TV wedges in the bag. Just as long as TM clubs. Really looking forward to gaming these. Plus I had BULLFROG stamped on them in green. Will post pics when they get her on 3/23.

Played in a scramble yesterday and had a really good day with the wedges. My chipping with the 54* was money as I almost holed one from 82 yards out and ended up about 5ft past the pin. The next hole was a chip from the front left of a raised ant hill green and I left about 6 inches short in the center of the cup. Rolled one right by the hole on the 9th. Hole 11 and just off the green and I hit the flag stick almost dead center for eagle and leave a gimme par. Hit the flag from about 20 yards out on the 15th and end up about 10 ft above the hole which is not bad with the false front of the green that will come back. Put one to about 7 ft. from about 50-60 yards out on the 16th and then from about 85 yards on the 18 I put it about 15 ft short right of the pin. Not one bad shot that I would have been unhappy with which is surprising with the end of winter hard pan that we have. If I can just get my driver to cooperate then I really thing I can get back in that 2-3 index range with how the wedges have been the last couple of weeks. Golf is so much more fun when you have confidence in the wedges and can stick them close and score!!

I’ve had these wedges on the course for two rounds and other than leaving my 48° at home today :facepalm: they’ve been fantastic! I feel more confident than ever that I can create shots around the green. And I’m getting more spin than I’m used to around the green. Now I need to get used to that so I stop leaving it short!

They are here. 50°, 54° and 58° will be regripping with MCC +4 midsize in Blue

9e988ed138d41dad236b45c223f9fa3b.jpg

ad5ad04394fb901f9b46264e1a5de4ff.jpg

3a4e042b7a4538996655fbebcd729098.jpg

8eee8e6eb32d01f470672275f7d05dc3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

58* "K" grind is my go to from 30 yards in and around the green. Might be tempted to get it bent 1* strong.

Ready for the bag now!

e4e3b4ad6ada7d651b1fd05b8ecceb48.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Four rounds into the season and I’m really getting used to these wedges around the green. The 56° D grind is just fantastic. I was worried I wouldn’t have the loft I needed without a 60°, but this wedge is so versatile I’ve been able to make some nifty shots around the green. And on Saturday I had 4 up and downs from greenside bunkers, 3 to save par! For reference, I only had 1 up and down from the sand in 31 rounds last year 😳

Those sandies would pay out in the groups I play in haha. These wedges are great out of the sand. We have some awkwardly placed bunker that can be a way from the green sometimes so I will switch between my 58 for the close ones and the 54 for the longer ones where I may need it to roll out a little more.

Picked up a 60 in Slate Blue the other day....man it's pretty and it performs even better.

It has been a frustratingly long wait for my SM8s in Raw from Vokey.

I finally e-mailed them after 4 weeks, just to find out they are waiting on the grips I requested. Those grips aren't scheduled to be in stock until the end of the month!

I e-mailed back on Friday asking if they could just use a different grip so I can get them, we shall see what they come back with.

the tinkerer and club ho that I am ive tried 4 different sets of wedges after getting the SM8's last August and nothing has come close to beating them. Im usually not a Titleist guy or even Vokey fan after not liking the SM6 or 7.

for me the SM8's flat out perform. The 54* D grind is money from anywhere around the green. Ive worked on my chipping and pitch shots alot the past 2 years but nothing has had as much drop and stop power as these. Ive gone through Bettinardi, Miura, Cobra MIM, and TM MG2's. Nothing has performed to the level of the SM8's

First round with these and I have to say... These wedges are awesome!!! Cuts through the rough amazingly. Ball flight is nice and high. The 50* is my 100 yard club. But I've been hitting this one a little further than that. I can't get over how these react while chipping. The Mitz Tensei shaft is awesome. Has really nice weight to it. I used the 58* out of a couple bunkers. First try was crap. Cuz I got over excited and dipped and chunked it. After that i relaxed and all was good. Hit the 54* one time. I was 94 yards out and hit it 5 yards long to the fringe. Wasn't expecting that. But I will take it. More to come...

B grind now? I don't understand why Vokey wants to take all my money. I'll have more wedges than other clubs soon.

That B grind is definitely not for me. I'm squarely in the "bounce is your friend" camp and unless I played hardpan links courses, that grind will never see my bag.

58M and a 54S for me. These are really really nice feeling wedges, and man I forgot what it’s like to have brand new grooves.

The 58* "K" grind didn't skip a beat today!

Back