Titleist Vokey SM8 Wedges

BA69C704-47DE-472F-8240-B91D58C6A313.jpeg

Picked up a SM8 46F yesterday in Tour Satin. Has nice weight in the head and can feel it throughout the swing. Covers a distance I was looking for perfectly, plenty of spin even using a Srixon Soft Feel ball. Easy enough to flight down when needed.
The weight of a Vokey wedge really makes a difference, doesn't it? Makes it so much easier to control on sand shots and when the ball is sitting down in the rough.

I am really liking my SM8 46* PW. Very versatile, and the distance control is great for me. Plenty of spin even from light rough.

I am really liking my SM8 46* PW. Very versatile, and the distance control is great for me. Plenty of spin even from light rough.

My SM8s are the best wedges I have owned!

I got my SM8 58° out today for its maiden voyage on the course. 2nd hole is a long par 5 that my 3 shot went just a bit left on the approach. Grabbed the 58, had about 18-20 feet and just about chipped in!!! Set up for a nice 1 foot par putt.
Used it several other times and had good results with it. Nice heavy head feel that gets down thru the thick fescue with ease. Plenty of spin on the ball.

For now, you can't beat a Vokey SM8 wedge. However, the SM9s(?) are only a few months away. Jus' sayin'.;)

For now, you can't beat a Vokey SM8 wedge. However, the SM9s(?) are only a few months away. Jus' sayin'.;)
I just got both of mine within the last 2 weeks so, I'll be good until late next year at the soonest. By then should be able to find them on sale.

Not quite a month ago I was pretty annoyed with where my wedge approach and scrambling numbers were, and were heading. Greatest strength .. wasn't. Needed to switch things up and went back to Vokey's. SM8 54/10S and 58/08M, specifically. Aside from the obvious anomaly of having 3 hole outs the first day..

Screenshot_20210717-211438_TheGrint.jpg

The numbers have been coming back up nicely. And anyone who sees Live Round or shot of the days posts can probably tell my wedge approach game is back with a serious vengeance. And all things are possible when you can convert the overwhelming majority of the time with a wedge in hand. It's been a lot of fun. In the spirit of trying other stuff I honestly forgot for a bit how much I like and how good the Vokey's are for my game. Love that the stock shaft is my preferred shaft too. It's nice not having to swap them out.

Last edited:
Really enjoying the versatility of the SM8's. I like the heavier head feel and the way they get down thru the turf. Nice even divots and the distance control has been really good with the PW. I used the 58° today more around the greens to get a feel for playing/trying different shots (high/low). Had a couple bunker shots that the 58 performed well on, not sure about the guy on the end of it.

Love this rust....

C6DC8D2C-F76E-488F-A8A1-9D5F11A8174B.jpeg

I have a Cleveland Tour Raw I picked up by mistake and hasn't really rusted at all so far, it will get replaced if it ever gets to looking like that.
But I do understand guys liking it, just not for me.

I'm too OCD to use rusty wedges... but whatever floats your boat.

and think that was basically a month ago. It has only gotten better:p

I love my SM8s just ordered some new ones! I see no reason to switch.

A friend sold me his Vokey SM8 56-10* S grind for a good deal... apparently his golf coach said it wasn't working for him. We'll see if it works for me.

A friend sold me his Vokey SM8 56-10* S grind for a good deal... apparently his golf coach said it wasn't working for him. We'll see if it works for me.

Depends on grind and shaft if it works for you. Is it a good fit?

Personally I find that the bounce and grind options are most important options to get right and I don't find that shaft doesn't make that much of a difference when compared to bounce and grind. Especially true if you don't make full swings with your specialty wedges. Not saying shafts are not important... but less so when compared to bounce and grind options. YMMV.

Personally I find that the bounce and grind options are most important options to get right and I don't find that shaft doesn't make that much of a difference when compared to bounce and grind. Especially true if you don't make full swings with your specialty wedges. Not saying shafts are not important... but less so when compared to bounce and grind options. YMMV.

Yes, I recognize that about grind being more important. I am a wedge ho. Although a shaft that is 30g heavier into what someone may fit you is not beneficial to your game.

It's one I have been wanting to try, I'll put it that way.

I bag 2 other wedges and they are both low-bounce. Have thought about adding a high-bounce wedge to the bag for a while... San Diego courses are mostly overgolfed and underwatered hardpan where high bounce usually just increases your risk of blading, but there's a couple shots per round where having bounce would help.

Back