Titleist Vokey SM8 Wedges

Agree with this point!!! I just started playing my first set of Vokey wedges and I’m extremely impressed. Note to @JayB … SM8s + T200 = (that’s what’s in my bag :)).

Other companies make great wedges but it’s tough to beat a Vokey wedge. I finally understand why 90%+ of the guys I golf with have them!

I love my current vokeys - i use 50 F / 56 S / 60K. I suspect i will end up with stronger lofts in two of the spots. I will be hard pressed to move away from a 60 k for green side bunker work. Waiting on the irons to arrive is killing me….

I have some various Miz wedges, and while they are nice, the way they look at address just isn’t “right.”Basically anything i pick up that isn’t a Vokey just doesn’t inspire enough confidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since my T300 Wedge is 48* I needed to fill the gap between it and the 56* SM8, went with a 52* F SM8. Probably not a full swing club for me, but solid from 20-30 yards in.

Just put a 58/10 S in play today. What a great club. Was just as good on the course as it was in PGASS. Glad I did the black as well. If I can sell my other wedges I’ll be replacing my 50 and 54 with SM8 as well.

The 54* was on tonight. A few good chip and pitch shots, good 20-25 yard bunker shot, and two good shots from 109 that all left me with birdie or par looks. I caped it off with about a 15 yard floppy chip on 9 that went in for an eagle.

I use the 54* pretty much from 115 and in other than a big flop or short bunker shot in which I use the 58*. It is such a versatile club that I can flight it high or low, spin or take some off to roll out. All 3 SM8’s have been great for me but this has been the workhorse.

Since my T300 Wedge is 48* I needed to fill the gap between it and the 56* SM8, went with a 52* F SM8. Probably not a full swing club for me, but solid from 20-30 yards in.
Curious as to why you don’t think this would be a full swing club? My 54* is my workhorse from 115 yards and in. The 49* is a full swing down to about 75-80% and the 58* is a flop or bunker shot. I am not consistent enough with it to be a normal full swing club.

I’ve had good success with the 48* from 50-60 as a nearly full swing club.

Lol well I bit the bullet as I have a lot of time off coming up and wanted to complete the set. Went out of my norm and used the online guide to pick for me. Ordered a 50/54 from Budget Golf. All in black. Can’t wait to try them next week.

Attachments

• 83BFDDB8-8CDC-4F1A-A7AC-F73F4F2BEB1B.png
    83BFDDB8-8CDC-4F1A-A7AC-F73F4F2BEB1B.png
    33.8 KB · Views: 24
I have the 46° PW and a 58° wedge, love them both. They look great and the feel around the green with the 58° is perfect.

The 50/54 arrived yesterday. These are beautiful wedges. Going out this afternoon hopefully to test.

Attachments

• A505CC46-5AC2-4021-A108-DC21ACC7FB7B.jpeg
    A505CC46-5AC2-4021-A108-DC21ACC7FB7B.jpeg
    51.5 KB · Views: 17
Used the SM8 58° quite a few times today to get up and down to save par. Several short sided shots that I was able to get some height on and land soft. Very easy to add or take off spin with these wedges when needed.

Hit my 46° PW a few times today for some chips, low/high it doesn't matter as you can do it with this club. Throw a low spinner in there and it will check hard. Plenty of versatility with this wedge.

My new favorite party trick is the low spinner courtesy of SM8s.
So fun to pull it off and watch the ball just stop dead.

I've been following this thread for a while and purchased my first Vokey wedges (52* and 58* SM8s) this Fall. Awesome clubs. The 56* is a Swiss Army knife!

Have played these for 2 years now, and still absolutely love them. The D grind has been absolutely amazing for me. Seems to suit our conditions here really well and just fits my swing perfectly. I would think the SM9s will be out next year but these will be incredibly hard to improve upon.

Have played these for 2 years now, and still absolutely love them. The D grind has been absolutely amazing for me. Seems to suit our conditions here really well and just fits my swing perfectly. I would think the SM9s will be out next year but these will be incredibly hard to improve upon.

I played them all year and while I think they are really good, I prefer the feel of the ZIPCore wedges.

I played them all year and while I think they are really good, I prefer the feel of the ZIPCore wedges.

Haven't tried those. I could see how maybe these feel a little clicky, but the performance makes me forget about it immediately. Every time I try a different wedge I quickly come back to Vokeys. Haven't found anything that can beat them for me.

Haven't tried those. I could see how maybe these feel a little clicky, but the performance makes me forget about it immediately. Every time I try a different wedge I quickly come back to Vokeys. Haven't found anything that can beat them for me.
I have 2 Vokeys 46 and 58 and a zipcore 50 and you can feel the difference. I will replace the 50 with another SM8 50 when I can find one. (At the time they where out of them)

I might end up reshafting my SM8's too and getting the steelfibers out.

Loving these wedges, they are inspiring for me. From full to half shots I feel very comfortable over the ball to get the ball close. I'm digging the stock grips, thinking about adding them to my woods

Back