Titleist Vokey SM8 Wedges

Had a great day with the SM8's today. Manged to get into 2 green side bunkers came right out and hit the pin on one. I stuck 3 approach shots to less than 2 feet from 117, 101 and 85 today. Chips and small pitch shots are dialed in. I have not holed one out yet but i am getting close lol!

I got the 56 and 60 SM8s and LOVE them. Vokey wedges have always looked too "chunky" to me so this is my first time ever buying them. When trying previous versions I couldn't control my distances with anything less than a full swing. They would just go too far. The SM8 shape, leading edge, and even the hosel looks good. The SM8s feel so smooth and stable, especially with the grinds and bounce I chose, and the 60 is money from the sand. They also happen to fit seamlessly with my TM P790 irons at address (even better than TM wedges IMO) which is important to me. I don't like wedges that have a drastically different look from the rest of my set except for rust. If these wore out I would definitely buy direct replacements. The next model would have to be revolutionary to beat them.

Last edited:
I am on my golf trip and won poker money 3 nights in a row. Bought a 54.14 F grind that was in the pro shop this weekend. Got it and hit some practice shots yesterday. Feels like it will be a great replacement for my 54.08. I was looking to try a fatter sole and this has it in spades

Going for a Titleist fitting on Monday with the local rep Titleist website suggests 52* F grind and 56* S grind. Curious to see how the live fitting compares to website.

I recently purchased brushed steel 50, 54 & 58 to replace my SM6s. Nothing better than fresh grooves and I'm more confident with my wedge game attacking the pins with great check on the ball

Its incredible how fresh grooves make such a difference. Ive been extra aggressive with my new wedges.
And hot off the face too... took me a round to get adjusted

Had these beauties on the range. I needed to get some work in to really improve my striking...

I spent some time on chipping and love how these with a little care spin so well from right off the green. I’m feeling far more comfortable with this shot than I have in a while!

Half shots and 3/4 shots I’m still digging a bit much so they are coming out chunkier than expected. The good news is almost all of these shots are going nice and straight so just need some more time to dial it in!

Really pleased with these and the KBS 2.0 HiRev shaft feels very good for my swing right now

Trying a new set up. Put the 52F (higher bounce) and 58D in because my short game just fell off a cliff lately. So 47-52-58 (instead of the usual 4 wedge set up).

I really took the F grind for granted. I'm really liking the grind as my go-to for everything. I always had the misconception that it's ONLY for full swings. Boy, am I wrong. It opens up nicely and gives me a bunch of shots I need. Had an awesome day with my short game. A bunch of tap in saves for birdie and par. Let's hope this isn't just a honeymoon phase.

WHEW, after ages and ages, my wedges finally shipped out! I can't wait for Monday

I've had my 3 SM8 wedges for about a week now and I cannot get the smile off of my face. Absolutely no complaints about the wedges however my 46.10F is still on backorder and they tell me that it will be another week. Of all of the wedges to be backordered the 46* was a surprise.

Had our club championship this weekend. First hole I hit into a fairway bunker. We are placing right now so I got to place a good lie. Hit it with my 54* and clipped it clean. I had two good cut marks on the ball(my custom ProV1x’s from the event). I out that one up to play another ball and lost it at one point. Put that first one back in play and had another wedge shot and it cut it again. One more hole and another wedge shot with another cut mark. Needless to say new wedges and fresh grooves create a lot of spin!

The short game touch was really bad the first two days but by the 3rd day it was there and I hit some really good wedge shots and had 4 birdies. Loving the new wedges so far!

Had our club championship this weekend. First hole I hit into a fairway bunker. We are placing right now so I got to place a good lie. Hit it with my 54* and clipped it clean. I had two good cut marks on the ball(my custom ProV1x’s from the event). I out that one up to play another ball and lost it at one point. Put that first one back in play and had another wedge shot and it cut it again. One more hole and another wedge shot with another cut mark. Needless to say new wedges and fresh grooves create a lot of spin!

The short game touch was really bad the first two days but by the 3rd day it was there and I hit some really good wedge shots and had 4 birdies. Loving the new wedges so far!

I love that you've had these in the bag and have seen some strong results with them.

I love that you've had these in the bag and have seen some strong results with them.
Yeah I’m still trying to get used to the 58* since I’ve never had one. It has been really good on the practice green but I haven’t had enough time to really commit to it on the course. But for 13 years all I had was a that I used around the green.

I have had my SM8s for awhile now and I can truly say they are game changing for me. So solid in aspects of the game I am super comfortable when pulling them out of the bag. This shot is from today a 118 par 3 with a heavy left to right wind. Greens were pretty hard and the ball just sticks!
6DF75AC6-43D0-4434-B2B1-B958450DA93E.jpeg

Finally going back to a Vokey LW after 12 months or so with a PM 60*.
I’ve been using a demo of a 58D, I love it and one is on order. I had a MD2 58 tour grind a few years ago and I think this will end up being just as good if not better.
I’ve just lost enough confidence with the PM and was looking for something traditional looking again. Its been great from everywhere, around the green to even 60-70m away. I even hit a shot from 65m today from light rough that spun back 3ft and gave my a simple kick in bird.
I had forgotten the amount of spin new wedges produce.

I know @sposey013168 got his wedgeworks wedges in and after listening to him talk about them it just makes me hope that mine show before the golf season comes to an end. I feel like that D grind would do some work right about now with the ground getting softer by the day.

I know @sposey013168 got his wedgeworks wedges in and after listening to him talk about them it just makes me hope that mine show before the golf season comes to an end. I feel like that D grind would do some work right about now with the ground getting softer by the day.
Can't believe they haven't come in yet. I can't imagine how strong the itch is after waiting this long. Hoping they come in for you soon!

Absolutely love the D Grind. These are definitely not leaving my bag any time soon. Have absolutely changed my short game. Never had so many chip ins and up and downs.

The D grind is such a good wedge around the greens.

I remember really liking it during my fitting. @Jman is a pretty big fan of that grind too.

The D grind is so fun 385A6030-2FED-4F97-BE1E-C49240D8ED68.jpeg

My Mizuno T-20 wedges and I are headed for a quick breakup. Now looking to get into some Vokeys.

I carry a 51 degree 921 Tour set wedge, and want to add two wedges into the bag.

Not sure whether to go 54-58, 54-60 or 56-60.

Thoughts...?

Back