Titleist wedge fitting on Friday

scott.french3

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
My club is hosting a wedge fitting session on Friday for Vokey wedges. I signed up for the 45 minute fitting session. My current wedges are a couple of years old. Titleist actually offers the same shafts as I have in my Cleveland RTX Zipcore wedges. They likely won't have them to try on Friday. But, if I like the wedges, I can likely order them with the shafts I currently play or worst case, pull the shafts from my wedges and reshaft the new wedges.

Well, due to heavy rain overnight, the fitting has moved to Monday afternoon. Will update Monday after the fitting.

Nice, I just got my SM10 last week and love them.

I had the wedge fitting this afternoon. The fitter had me hit my current wedge and then he started handing me wedges with different grinds starting with the 54. He wanted to see 30 yd pitches as well as shots with an open face. Based upon divots, he suggested I try a wedge with a 1/2 inch shorter shaft. That reduced the depth of the divot taken and eliminated a couple of chunked wedges. We then tried the 58 with the shorter shaft. I ended up going with the 54 and 58 with 12D grind. I chose the tour chrome for the 54 and nickel for the 58. Going to keep the same shaft as in my current wedges. Nippon Steel Zelos 7 regular. the Titleist fitter said it could be a month for the new wedges to get in due to popularity of the Zelos 7 shaft. I will be adding 2 degrees of bounce over my current wedges.

I had the wedge fitting this afternoon. The fitter had me hit my current wedge and then he started handing me wedges with different grinds starting with the 54. He wanted to see 30 yd pitches as well as shots with an open face. Based upon divots, he suggested I try a wedge with a 1/2 inch shorter shaft. That reduced the depth of the divot taken and eliminated a couple of chunked wedges. We then tried the 58 with the shorter shaft. I ended up going with the 54 and 58 with 12D grind. I chose the tour chrome for the 54 and nickel for the 58. Going to keep the same shaft as in my current wedges. Nippon Steel Zelos 7 regular. the Titleist fitter said it could be a month for the new wedges to get in due to popularity of the Zelos 7 shaft. I will be adding 2 degrees of bounce over my current wedges.
Interesting on going 1/2" shorter on the wedge shafts. I never really thought about it in that way and always just focused on grinds for everything turf interaction related. Kinda makes sense though.

Interesting on going 1/2" shorter on the wedge shafts. I never really thought about it in that way and always just focused on grinds for everything turf interaction related. Kinda makes sense though.
I am 5'7". He indicated shortening the shaft effectively flattens the lie some. So it served 2 purposes.

Back