TM SIM MAX-D vs CALLAWAY MAVRIK MAX

golfinnut

DANNY LE! WHAT A GUY!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
HEAT!
If you were to choose between these two, just by what you've read, with no access to a simulator to see actual numbers, which would you choose & why?

I'm choosing between these two & wanted to get everyone's opinion. (y)

I'd choose the Mav Max - main reason is because I'm currently playing one and absolutely love it. I've never tried the SIM because I can't get past that big ugly fin lump thing on the sole. It gets good reviews from users, but that goiter thing would be in my head and I just can't ignore it. I'd go to the Ping G400 or G410 before I'd go to the SIM.

I would go with Mavrik, only reasoning being I have hit the Epic drivers way better the the M1-M6 in past years. Have not tried the newer SIM or Mavrik yet but Callaways drivers have performed much better for me recently.

For me it would be the Mavrik Max. Never had good luck with Taylormade drivers so that would sway my decision.

Before I went and tested them myself I would have said mavrik based on my previous experiences with the brands and what I had read up to that point. After testing, the mavrik still won out

For me it would be the Mavrik Max. Never had good luck with Taylormade drivers so that would sway my decision.

Interestingly enough I have always had better luck with Callaway drivers and have preferred TM fairways. Right now I am in the Mavrik (not the Max) and an M6 fairway although I would love to hit the SIM fairways as I have read good things about them.

I've got the mavrik max and picked it over the sim max for the following reasons.
Got a better deal.
Like the riptide shaft a lot more than anything I could get with the TM
Sounds better
Numbers were optimal for me
I liked the adjustability on the mavrik more.
Super forgiving

Things I like more about the TM
Head cover is waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy better looking (not an issue as I've got a really nice head cover from Tara Iti)
Looks at address (I marginally prefer the TM but it's splitting hairs)

I don't think you can wrong with either to be honest.

Back