Tm superfast 2.0 driver vs cleveland xl 270

emac417

Reaction score
Handicap
has anyone compared the 2 drivers? if so, what are your thoughts on these 2 in terms of distance , and which one is more forgiving? how did the shafts compare? and which lofts did you hit?
thanks

I found the Cleveland more forgiving, longer and the shafts are not even in the same ball park. 10.5 of each.

I found the Cleveland more forgiving, longer and the shafts are not even in the same ball park. 10.5 of each.

jb, i don't have a the opportunity to use a launch monitor. my speed speed is approx 95 mph ,avg to quicker tempo,and 46 years young. do you think the reg. flex shaft in the cleveland would be ok. i know it's only a guess but which way would you lean reg. vs stiff? and i will not hold you all the to the flex . just seeking advice/knowledge from the wonderful people here at THP. thanks
thanks

I am a big believer in the weakest shaft your swing can handle and the C. Kuas can play somewhat stout. I think a regular could work out quite well. However because of your faster tempo, you could also go stiff and see very good results.

I know you'll get the answer of getting fit, but if that's not a feasible option then you are right in between the two flexes. So if you hit the ball really high when drive, have dispersion problems, or both then you could go stiff. That would help somewhat with those problems. If you don't have those problems then a reg is gonna give you the extra distance without having to "swing out of your shoes".

Serious golfers use Tapatalk.

hit both, for me the 2.0 was longer and more consistent with the drives....but to each his own

I couldn't hit the XL270 worth a darn but the SL290 was perfect for me. Be sure to try each one of the Cleveland drivers before making your decision as the shafts are different in them.

The 270 is the longest driver on the market for me, but the 290 is more accurate. The 2.0 is a strange beast, I think its in my head honestly. I'm thinking about the extra length even though its only a half inch, it just seems longer than that. Not very accurate with it either, lots of pulls with the 2.0

--
tapatalk

i got to demo a 10.5 reg & 10.5 stiff shaft the other day. with my swing a cast and cut across the ball. i've worked on that swing for years.:) with the reg flex i would hit some of my longest drives. but also several pull hooks. the course i play lots of OB left, not good.
with the stiff shaft it helped with the pull hooks. but tended to leave alot of shots right.
i've heard people talk about tipping a shaft. if i got the reg flex and had it tipped .5 inches would that be like a firm. what would do to the club??
i know thats a hard question to answer.
the club xl 270 cleveland.

Last edited:
The 270 is the longest driver on the market for me, but the 290 is more accurate. The 2.0 is a strange beast, I think its in my head honestly. I'm thinking about the extra length even though its only a half inch, it just seems longer than that. Not very accurate with it either, lots of pulls with the 2.0

--
tapatalk

oh its definitely a LONG club, Im working on getting it trimmed down a bit

Back