gbigoose1

Reaction score
Handicap
If you would like to stop slicing forever, please watch this video. This is not an endorsement, nor am I affiliated with Joseph Mayo. He is a teaching professional, part of Waite Mayo Golf (The other half being Grant Waite, that guy with the best swing on tour for a while according to Tiger.) Please take 17 minutes out of your day to watch. Enjoy

www.youtube.com/watch?v=muRaZFR9PZM

Last edited:
I am not sure if you can call what is provided in the Ask-A-Pro section misinformation...

There are some very knowledgable people who take the time out of their busy week to provide helpful feedback

Sounds like pretty common stuff.

Swing path, weight, forward press, extend arms. Nice video, but nothing revolutionary.

I am not sure if you can call what is provided in the Ask-A-Pro section misinformation...
No not at all, probably too harsh of a statement.. However there is some advice given, such as that an over the top swing produces a ball that starts to the left, that are just completely not true! Take it for what you will, just trying to help!! :)

No not at all, probably too harsh of a statement.. However there is some advice given, such as that an over the top swing produces a ball that starts to the left, that are just completely not true! Take it for what you will, just trying to help!! :)

Appreciate the help. This chart (or a similar one) has been posted many many times on here

BALL-FLIGHT-PATHS.jpg

Nothing wrong with trying to help.. Just dont think those guys would appreciate that statement.

Thanks for the video

Wow. That is all.

I have an over the top swing.

My ball starts to the left.

It finishes to the right.

I'm guessing a different approach to your introduction may have yielded different results.

There are some very knowledgable people who take the time out of their busy week to provide helpful feedback

Yeah, I couldn't call it misinformation either. I'll just take the OP as one persons, who isn't a teacher at all, opinion.

I have an over the top swing.

My ball starts to the left.

It finishes to the right.
Then your club face is closed and your path is further left relative to that.

Then your club face is closed and your path is further left relative to that.
Actually, I come through with an open club face.

Ok.. I'm getting some flak for how I started my post and I completely understand, having experience with golftec they are all good guys and no doubt it's sweet that they help out here! However, I don't think you can refute what I'm saying simply because I'm not a teacher. I'm basing what I'm posting off of radar based trackman statistics, not common golf talk and knowledge.. There are many an incompetent golf pro in the world.. For example on the range the other day I almost had to say something when a guy was telling a lady that trapping the golf ball and hitting down make it go up! Funny stuff

It's open in relation to the path, but closed from a target line standpoint.
I think I unserstack and overtilt. Sometimes I even dont hold my hinge long enough.

Ok.. I'm getting some flak for how I started my post and I completely understand, having experience with golftec they are all good guys and no doubt it's sweet that they help out here! However, I don't think you can refute what I'm saying simply because I'm not a teacher. I'm basing what I'm posting off of radar based trackman statistics, not common golf talk and knowledge.. There are many an incompetent golf pro in the world.. For example on the range the other day I almost had to say something when a guy was telling a lady that trapping the golf ball and hitting down make it go up! Funny stuff

You came on THP and first off went right to the ask the pro section and called them wrong. Then came here and started a thread and called them wrong. They are chosen by us to be the professionals to offer advice to golfers every day because they do it every day.

If you want to start a thread about fixing a slice, have at it, but there is no reason to bad mouth the people that work hard here to bring help to the hundreds of thousands of people that read THP each month because you watched some videos and read a chart.

I think I unserstack and overtilt. Sometimes I even dont hold my hinge long enough.

If this is a dig at stack and tilt I guess I don't quite understand. The basic principles are employed by many a top golfer, including the number one player in the world, and even with one bad week that dude is pretty good. And no I am not saying tiger woods is stack in tilt at all, but foley concepts are similiar!

If this is a dig at stack and tilt I guess I don't quite understand. The basic principles are employed by many a top golfer, including the number one player in the world, and even with one bad week that dude is pretty good. And no I am not saying tiger woods is stack in tilt at all, but foley concepts are similiar!
It was a dig at mward, who replied to my post as well.

You came on THP and first off went right to the ask the pro section and called them wrong. Then came here and started a thread and called them wrong. They are chosen by us to be the professionals to offer advice to golfers every day because they do it every day.

If you want to start a thread about fixing a slice, have at it, but there is no reason to bad mouth the people that work hard here to bring help to the hundreds of thousands of people that read THP each month because you watched some videos and read a chart.

Was badmouthing no one I've already made it clear that I respect their work that I assume is done just because they want to help! You may delete the posts if you like.. Sorry!

Edited the first post! I still think it would help a large majority of golfers if they knew and understood the new ball flight laws, and especially if you watch Grant and Joe's videos! They do teach and help pga tour players so it's cool that they take time to make videos specifically for the higher handicappers such as myself!

Edited the first post! I still think it would help a large majority of golfers if they knew and understood the new ball flight laws, and especially if you watch Grant and Joe's videos! They do teach and help pga tour players so it's cool that they take time to make videos specifically for the higher handicappers such as myself!

I don't understand what you mean by "new ball flight laws". Unless I'm completely mistaken, I don't think the physics of ball flight have changed.

I don't understand what you mean by "new ball flight laws". Unless I'm completely mistaken, I don't think the physics of ball flight have changed.

They actually have over the past few years. With the advent of high speed cameras and trackman, they've come to realize that the old school thoughts on ball flight weren't what was really happening in execution.

They've proven without a doubt that the ball starts in the direction of the clubface at contact, 70-80% depending on loft. And curvature is determined by the spin imparted on the ball from the angle of the swing path in relation to the clubface, pretty much the opposite of what we were told 10 years ago.

They actually have over the past few years. With the advent of high speed cameras and trackman, they've come to realize that the old school thoughts on ball flight weren't what was really happening in execution.

They've proven without a doubt that the ball starts in the direction of the clubface at contact, 70-80% depending on loft. And curvature is determined by the spin imparted on the ball from the angle of the swing path in relation to the clubface, pretty much the opposite of what we were told 10 years ago.

They have been mistaken as to what was happening in execution, but that has nothing to do with physics. The results of certain swing types are still the same. It's the explanation of why a swing is doing what it is that changed.

Back