To all who Participated in Choosing the Most Preferred Driver of 2020

Taylormade SIM 9*, Project X Evenflow Riptide CB 60g 6.0 with a Golf Pride MCC+4.....which is exactly what I have now :)

Last edited:
Callaway Mavrik SZ 9* Ventus Black 6 X Tour Velvet.

TE EXS Rouge 10.5 stiff Lamkin not sure which but it will be soft to the touch

Cobra KING SpeedZone 9* Tour Length 18/6 weights, UST LIN-Q Gunmetal 7F4 and Golf Pride MCC+4 grip.

Ping G410 Plus is currently in my bag and staying there. I’d like to try some different shafts but the Tensei Orange is pretty good for me.

The driver I am playing

SIM 10.5
KBS 70 category 5 (TX) flex
Good pride z grip align.

I haven't had the chance to hit it yet, but if I was to guess based on my current driver, it would be something like

Callaway Mavrik 9*, Riptide 50 shaft in stiff, standard length, MCC Align grip

Last edited:
It depends on the results of the fitting, but four that I’m definitely trying are:
Tour Edge EXS 220
Mavrik or Mavrik Max
Cobra Speedzone (probably Extreme)

shaft and grip TBD at fitting

Mavrik 10.5, Graphite Design Tour Ad-Iz, playing 45", Golf Pride NDMC Black/Black

Mavrik Max, maybe +1 on loft, Xcaliber Rapid Taper shaft, MCC +4 grip.

Speedzone Extreme avalanche with Project X Evenflow T1100 (White) 65 6.0 Shaft with Golf Pride CP2 grip. I would get the shorter tour version. I really want to hit the King Cobra driver.

Speedzone Xtreme 9* Yellow head. Setting -1*D. Length 44.75". SW: D6+. Shaft: MCA Tensei Pro Orange 60TX. Grip: Lamkin UTX

Well, I already own a Mavrik SZ, so I'd stick with it. I'd love to spice it up with a Ventus shaft.

Mavrik 10.5°(set at 11), 45” KBS S and GP Tour Velvet +4.

I think I would go with the Speed Zone 10.5* w/ Lin-Q Purple (stiff) @ 44.5" and a Lamkin Sonar grip.
(a close second would be the Tour Edge EXS 220 with the same shaft/grip combo)

Mavrik Max, 10.5°, HZRDUS Yellow 65 stiff, -75", GP TV-4,

I unfortunately haven't hit every offering this year but I'd likely stick with what I'm gaming, my 10.5* SIM with Project X Evenflow shaft and the stock grip.

I just changed the loft from 10.5* head to a 9* so I'm sticking with my G400 Max this year.

I wouldn't change anything about my current setup.

Mavrik Max 10.5*, The ATTAS 7S, Lamkin Sonar Tour grip, not sure about playing length maybe 44.5"? Shout out to @HarryPotter for helping put this great combo together for me.

I'm going to go with the driver that's currently in my bag...
:cobra:Speedzone Xtreme with :UST:LIN-Q 6F4 gunmetal shaft in Tour Length

Mavrik SZ 10.5* with Ventus Blue shaft.

SZ 10.5 with Project X HZRDUS Yellow Stiff, which is exactly what I have in my bag. with the heavy weight in the rear port.

Back