To Pinemeadow or not to Pinemeadow?

Morning all!

Over the weekend, I went and hit some irons at the shop, to test them out, and I came away really liking the Callaway Diablo Edge set with graphite shafts (recent rotator cuff injury, liked the lighter swing weight)

Now, if i don't have to shell out the $$$ to get that set, well, I don't want to, right? I know Pinemeadow offers a a similar clone set in their Excel Monerossa ( http://www.pinemeadowgolf.com/golf-clubs/irons/excel.monterossa.irons )

Background - my irons are the last thing to be replaced in the bag - woods are already Diablo Edges, Oddessy putter, Jaws 60deg wedge.

4H and 50deg wedge are Pinemeadows - I had ordered them to see if too good was to be true, and have been satisfied to no end with the hybrid. The wedge has a lower success rate, but that's operator error, honestly.

Thoughts? Or would I be just copping out/cheaping out/missing the Callaways?

Thanks Hackers!

I got my pine meadow Ping knockoffs. I've noticed people frown upon these kind of clubs, I really don't know why. I'm a believer in you get what you pay for. I'm a high handicap that's working on my game and these clubs are great for what I need right now. I figure I when my handicap gets below 10 I'll get the set of Mizunos I really wanted. I have no problem with their functionality.

I agree Wisconsin Golfer. I have used Pinemeadow in the past and was quite pleased. I have actually been to their factory when I wanted to exchanged something, and met many good people there. I understand when someone has a problem with the clone aspect of their company, but they also have a few originals such as Yukon and Doublewall clubs. I think companies like this has a place in the golf industry for especially beginning golfers to get a decent custom fit club for 25 percent off the OEM price. Just my 2 cents. With the golf industry in a downturn, making affordable good clubs available to beginning or cash strapped golfers is only a good idea it would seem.

I should have said 75% off OEM typical price.

I have had success with Pinemeadow's Excel hybrids, however, when using a name brand (like my Callaway X2 Hot) there is a noticeable difference on impact. Although the initial investment with clones is minimal, the problem that I have encountered is trying to get rid of them. You basically have to give them away or throw them away.

I know this is an old thread. But I just picked up a Pinemeadow 3 hybrid which I will use for 2018. That and my Gigagolf set are fine for now. If I really start to play well maybe I’ll upgrade to a name brand at some point. But I doubt it.

Back