To Ping or not to Ping

Toddo

Reaction score
Handicap
I just bought a Ping G30 14.5 fairway and a 22 hybrid. These two clubs are nice additions and it has me beginning to think after using TaylorMade for a number of years to switch to Ping. Pros and cons if you please!

No doubt about it Ping makes solid clubs but just play what works for your game and budget.

I just bought a Ping G30 14.5 fairway and a 22 hybrid. These two clubs are nice additions and it has me beginning to think after using TaylorMade for a number of years to switch to Ping. Pros and cons if you please!

Full review on the fairways up on the homepage (and a thread here on the forum too) with a ton of info in it.

Fantastic club, truly one of the best fairways I have ever tested, solid in all aspects, not the longest, but super fun and easy to hit.

I love my Pings and I am a firm believer in their commitment to making a club perform well. I love that they assemble their clubs in the US. I know the heads are no longer cast here, but it seems to me they really go thru a lot of steps to assemble your clubs that you get fit for. All the OEM's make good products, I don't think they would survive in the market if they didn't. Get fitted and if they feel right to you get them. Ping is one of the best as far as customer service goes.

Both brands make great clubs and as long as you find what works best for you and you FEEL works for you.

I love my Pings. But that said, just about ever manufacturer makes very solid gear.

Ping makes solid gear. I've never gotten along with their woods for whatever reason, but I've now nearly bought a set of their irons twice.

I have to ask, why not just game both TaylorMade and Ping?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

If you like the G30 FW and hybrid. You'll love the G30 irons.

Ping is a solid choice. I don't think you could go wrong there but always recommend to hit something to make sure you like it before buying

There are no pros or cons, imo. You should play what works. Each brand fits each golfer differently. There are so many quality clubs on the market, you really can't go wrong

There are no pros or cons, imo. You should play what works. Each brand fits each golfer differently. There are so many quality clubs on the market, you really can't go wrong

Right on FK. I'd add fitting is your friend.

You mean switch out all your sticks for Ping exclusively? Umm yeah if it gives you more confidence but remember to try before you buy my man. Theres a whole bunch of club makers out there and they all make good equipment. If you're the kind that just wants 1 brand in the bag to match then Ping ain't a bad choice bud.

why limit youself to one OEM? on you enxt purchase, try them all, and pick the best club for you. It might be ping, TM or any other one, just pick what works for you

Ping has incredible quality. They make solid clubs and also stand behind them with second to none customer service. I love Ping!

Also, +1 to the comment about the great fitting system... it has worked great for me.

Last edited:
PING makes great equipment. They have a great fitting system as well. Ive owned several different PING iron sets ranging from the i3 to the S59. Theyre all in great shape and hold up well over many years. In the end it's really what you're comfortable playing.

Really love the G30 line. I have nothing to say about them and I've played them extensively. You made a good choice in my opinion :) Although that new Taylormade M1 line is pretty solid from my range time with them. But you can't go wrong with the G30's.

gamed ping irons for a year, won't go back. something about the aesthetics never fit my eye. they have a devoted following though.

gamed a g30 driver for one round while my gamer was in the shop. hated the feel, didn't get much distance, but the thing went straighter than just about any other driver i've ever hit and i really wasn't playing well that day. while the results were very good, i would probably put ping woods at the bottom of my ponder list.

i have some i25 irons i'd love to unload. pm me if you're interested

As previously suggested, go hit everything and see what works best for you. I enjoy my g25 hybrids and I see their metals a lot where I golf.

I've made the switch from TM irons to Ping I-25's. Best move I've ever made. So solid and mis hits don't punish me like my TM MC's did.

I played Pings for a couple of years and have zero regrets. Well made and great customer service.

Back