Tobacco Road: The Solstice 54 Holes of Golf & 876 Minutes of Daylight

Ok guys help me out. Do the carts have USB ports? I can't remember...

I hope so. I'd like to either live round it or post some pics during and not totally kill my phone.
I'm going to see if they will let Marjorie ride with me and she can take lots of pictures and live round the whole thing for us à la @JB during the THP events.

I'm thinking they have ports, but not 100% sure

Enjoy. Sounds like a blast.

I am not sure if they have ports either.

Also, the bunker on 11 is treacherous. I almost fell to my doom into it last round.

I am not sure if they have ports either.

Also, the bunker on 11 is treacherous. I almost fell to my doom into it last round.
I was stuck in there for a couple shots. Was so frustrating and fun at the same time 🤣

If they don't have USB ports, I'd recommend a USB charging brick and then it's a moot point. I was already planning on bringing mine just as a backup for that reason.

Ok, question time
1) Pre round or wing it? I've never played here, but I'm good with winging it.
2) Staff bags or no?
3) Yardage book or app?
4) What non-golf stuff are you bringing?

Ok, question time
2) Staff bags or no?
3) Yardage book or app?

1. I’m going with whatever my host says I’m doing, because he has the steering wheel. I’ve also never played golf in North Carolina, so I’m pretty much down for anything.
2. My stand bag is sexy and way easier to lug around all things considered!
3. GPS and laser, we won’t be blind out there too much.
4. Theragun, Aleve, water bottle, possibly a change of clothes or at least partial, some sort of drying agent in case the heat is what I think it’s going to be. Possibly a beverage or two, but this is gonna be a long day so maybe nothing too extreme.

Ok, question time
2) Staff bags or no?
3) Yardage book or app?

1) I probably won't get in until 3 or 4 on Sunday, so no practice round for me most likely
2) I actually don't own a staff bag. Using a c-130
3) app is free, but yardage book is a great souvenir. I have both, but will probably rely on my garmin as always.
Charging brick, tons of water, towels, couple pairs of shoes, fan, speaker and @PackersGirl

Question is how many balls do I bring? I've never lost more than 3 during a round there...
But after about 25 holes I'm gonna get wild (er)

Question is how many balls do I bring? I've never lost more than 3 during a round there...
But after about 25 holes I'm gonna get wild (er)
Dozen in the bag, dozen floating around. I bet you'll be alright with that?

I was stuck in there for a couple shots. Was so frustrating and fun at the same time 🤣

I managed to get mostly out of the trap on my first attempt though the ball was on the edge of a precipice and I could have easily fallen back into it.

@lightningbolt44 had an all-world up and down for birdie from the bunker.

Ok, question time
2) Staff bags or no?
3) Yardage book or app?

1) They offered a discounted rate last year for a practice round but I think it was for a round during the week only. I was thinking about organizing a round for those who want to play Sunday at my home course.
2) Yes to staff bags. I want the extra storage that my carry bag doesn't offer and the extra awesomeness that a staff brings to the party.
3) The app works well
4) What @MWard said

I managed to get mostly out of the trap on my first attempt though the ball was on the edge of a precipice and I could have easily fallen back into it.

@lightningbolt44 had an all-world up and down for birdie from the bunker.

1) They offered a discounted rate last year for a practice round but I think it was for a round during the week only. I was thinking about organizing a round for those who want to play Sunday at my home course.
2) Yes to staff bags. I want the extra storage that my carry bag doesn't offer and the extra awesomeness that a staff brings to the party.
3) The app works well
4) What @MWard said

Where is your home course, and what time were you thinking? Sounds fun, and would give @PackersGirl a reason to bring her clubs!

Where is your home course, and what time were you thinking? Sounds fun, and would give @PackersGirl a reason to bring her clubs!

Holly Springs, NC--about 45 minutes from Tobacco Road. I am flexible on the time. @MWard arrives at 8 Sunday so maybe we will be nice and not make him go straight to the course. I am thinking lunchtime-ish?

Holly Springs, NC--about 45 minutes from Tobacco Road. I am flexible on the time. @MWard arrives at 8 Sunday so maybe we will be nice and not make him go straight to the course. I am thinking lunchtime-ish?

Wait, why would you be nice? I'm already awake, don't give me more time to get exhausted having to keep waiting!

Ok, question time
2) Staff bags or no?
3) Yardage book or app?

1. Wing it, no point in bringing in any unnecessary frustration
2. Staff Bag 100%
3. Rangefinder, App, and maybe a green book
4. Big cooler for snacks and extra water/claws. Changes of clothes and multiple shoes/hats/visors.

I emailed the lady in charge about the format and received this below. We are going to have a lot of fun with this.

"I'm hoping that I can make the Cultivator routing (3rd round) play like a combo of the cross country and El Camino... where some of the tees are, the holes do play quite differently. It's not a long routing as it stands so a lot of par 4s will be drivable, maybe even a couple of the par 5s (1&11). I was also trying to improve the timing/pace from last year since we are double teeing that puts the later groups at a disadvantage trying to make the shotguns for rounds 2 & 3 with the earlier groups just hanging around waiting for an hour or so between rounds. I'm not retiring the idea of cross country/par 3, just trying to get all the pieces together!"

Not entirely sure what the cross country routing is. What can you tell me about that?

I am pretty excited to play the cultivators. @PackersGirl plays from there and there are some really interesting looks!

Not entirely sure what the cross country routing is. What can you tell me about that?

I am pretty excited to play the cultivators. @PackersGirl plays from there and there are some really interesting looks!

Last year they made a nine hole routing where you would tee off from 2 number but finish on 10 as an example. Essentially normal length holes but cutting across the course in a very non-traditional way. It was a lot of fun but a lot of work I am guessing for the staff to make sure everyone was on the right path and no one got plugged in the head with the craziness going on.

You guys are seriously going to make me have to pull my staff bag out of storage aren’t you? You monsters.

Last year they made a nine hole routing where you would tee off from 2 number but finish on 10 as an example. Essentially normal length holes but cutting across the course in a very non-traditional way. It was a lot of fun but a lot of work I am guessing for the staff to make sure everyone was on the right path and no one got plugged in the head with the craziness going on.
Remember teeing off from the driving range to 11 green

Back