Tobacco Road: The Solstice 54 Holes of Golf & 876 Minutes of Daylight

What do you want to change? Want to try to play left handed?

That's a little extreme, how about thrift store clubs with the original grips.

This is going to be a very interesting day with @Jeff Spicoli who I've known for more than a decade and @lightningbolt44 who I've never met.

When I last played a very wet Tobacco Road course from the back tees in Feb with @Jeff Spicoli the idea of doing something like this would have been a hard no. I must have blocked most of that day out of my mind because I was super excited to get in on this when he found the IG post Sunday night. It will be nice to get some roll out on tee shots this time but I'm a little worried about the greens.

The format looks amazing with the only real round of the three being the first one of the day and the last round two 9 hole formats that are not regularly available.

I'm bringing:
- a cooler full of water, Gatorade, and snacks
- shoes for each round
- socks for each round
- shirt for each round
- hat for each round
- extra gloves
- extra sunscreen

Did I forget anything?
Underwear change and a handful of gold bond powder between rounds on multi-round days during the summer is a must IMO. Once you do this you will never not do it again.

That's a little extreme, how about thrift store clubs with the original grips.

That's reasonable. Maybe we can go fish Black Beauty out of the pond at the Muni.

Been putting LHL since quarantine......getting the hang of it now.

You will soon be dropping bombs from The Speith Zone.

@Jeff Spicoli since I’m about to play a months worth of golf in a day I’m going to carry over my strong play from the last round and not waste any good shots practicing. What about you @lightningbolt44 ??

@Jeff Spicoli since I’m about to play a months worth of golf in a day I’m going to carry over my strong play from the last round and not waste any good shots practicing. What about you @lightningbolt44 ??

Game is in a good spot can’t see messing it up with any practice. Going back to the Titleist driver for the event, need a bit more time with the pxg to determine if I will give it a long term run or not.

Pretty pumped for this, going to start the fluid intake and stretching a bit more today after having one too many “beverages” last night and hurting my body one last time I figure I need to prep a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clubs are officially switched Over, now just to make sure I don’t forget anything

00a5b60a13ecc77708349ab8b2edfa3d.jpg
d6570e0252813aedcfc315e81fe4151b.jpg

I got my clubs cleaned and the bag packed up today. I will probably load everything thing into the truck except for the cooler tonight. First round starts in about 14 hours667EBC21-513A-4AA8-A25C-FDECA6984969.jpeg

Last edited:
Looking good @lightningbolt44 and & @Carolina Dundee. I wouldn’t be surprised if a few in the field don’t just quit when they see us roll up.

Clubs have not been cleaned, but the staffer is ready to party.
99DEF14D-C167-4542-8BFE-2583F9F97002.jpeg9E354907-4DDE-4A64-A9C7-0CE914E19B69.jpegFFC7F2B3-88B9-4B58-A0D5-AA7B5106C2B3.jpeg

I read something kind of like this in the Cleveland Plain Dealer many years ago. Some golf buddies decided to make a day of golf on the longest day of the year! They would find some place that would let them tee off at sunrise. They would play, various courses, until exactly sunset that evening. This was their Solstice celebration. And believe me, where they were playing there was not much travel time between courses! I don't know if they still do it, but all I know is this. If I did something like that now, I'd need at least two days to recover!

I read something kind of like this in the Cleveland Plain Dealer many years ago. Some golf buddies decided to make a day of golf on the longest day of the year! They would find some place that would let them tee off at sunrise. They would play, various courses, until exactly sunset that evening. This was their Solstice celebration. And believe me, where they were playing there was not much travel time between courses! I don't know if they still do it, but all I know is this. If I did something like that now, I'd need at least two days to recover!

Ask us how we feel Wednesday morning.

Those guys won’t know what hit them when we show up. I feel a little bad my bag doesn’t have my name on it now.

When did you replace the spider with the swag?
Don’t worry, I have a sharpie we can fix that in the morning.
It’s just the headcover; I haven’t hit @lightningbolt44 status, I’m rocking the Spider.
I’ll be hurting Wednesday, but it will be worth it.

Ask us how we feel Wednesday morning.

I have a member member Starting Thursday. Another 63 holes over three days. I’ve had a long talk with my body that I need to be recovered in one day.

The more likely thing is I will barely be able to walk come Saturday lol.

I have a member member Starting Thursday. Another 63 holes over three days. I’ve had a long talk with my body that I need to be recovered in one day.

The more likely thing is I will barely be able to walk come Saturday lol.

Just don't get hurt. Or hurt anyone else.

It’s been a while since there have been any “incidents”.

That means one is due.

Last time I walked 18, I stepped in a hole walking off the tee and twisted my ankle all sorts of good. Pete told me I can't get banned from playing with him the way Im on probation from teeing it up with you.

It’s been a while since there have been any “incidents”.

lots of opportunity today. I would prefer you wait until the end of the day if you are going to maim someone.

Hitting the road right on time. I feel like I over packed but I’d rather be prepared.
97133704-C8AA-46DD-998F-51BEC142A1BC.jpeg
09B6251C-044D-4618-B019-14C54D61D54E.jpeg

Have fun guys!!

Have fun gentlemen!!

We are off. I miss a short birdie on one.
CF732EF7-AF93-4DE2-BC2F-AA8FFD7AAB26.jpeg4E93D659-8CD8-41D0-9247-B9FC58BB369F.jpeg6BB22B82-CF00-43AA-8EC8-58F21A85F267.jpeg

Back