Today may be the biggest (golf-related) day of my life so far

syndicate559

Sweet Trajectory
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 12.6
My family took a big step toward realizing what's basically been a lifelong dream of mine, which is joining a country club. Dropped off my completed application and initiation fee this morning. The board votes next Tuesday and then I get posted for a month. As long as no one blackballs me (I don't know of anyone that dislikes me that much!), we'll be members July 1. I've never been able to justify the costs of joining a club based on my own golf playing once a week. But now, with 3 kids playing (1 already playing competitively and another will start in the Fall) it makes sense for us to have access to great practice facilities and a great course for them 6 days a week. It's one of the top 2 clubs in town IMO and 5 minutes from our house, so we're all feeling very blessed, excited and antsy!

Congrats! I hope to one day join somewhere.

very cool. Hope it all works out for you.

Congrats and GL. I've had nothing but great experiences at mine and am looking forward to get my kids involved when they get older.

One of my college buddies is a member of a club out at Fresno; maybe it's the same one. Look for the guy playing during the week in all the Puma gear.

Congrats! That's really great :) I'm sure you'll enjoy it!!

That's awesome! Congrats man, hopefully it all works out.

Congrats! Hopefully it all works out. Good luck!

Awesome hope it goes great

Amazing day for you...congrats!

Awesome! Bet it'll be a great experience

Move to Springfield, and you can join my country club, its a great deal :) $225 a month including cart, zoysia fairways, perfect rough and fabulous greens :)

Congrats! I hope to one day join somewhere.

congrats Eddie, I am very happy for you.
Let me know when you want to bring your first guest :D

My family took a big step toward realizing what's basically been a lifelong dream of mine, which is joining a country club. Dropped off my completed application and initiation fee this morning. The board votes next Tuesday and then I get posted for a month. As long as no one blackballs me (I don't know of anyone that dislikes me that much!), we'll be members July 1. I've never been able to justify the costs of joining a club based on my own golf playing once a week. But now, with 3 kids playing (1 already playing competitively and another will start in the Fall) it makes sense for us to have access to great practice facilities and a great course for them 6 days a week. It's one of the top 2 clubs in town IMO and 5 minutes from our house, so we're all feeling very blessed, excited and antsy!

Congrats and good luck

Good move, congrats and good luck!

Congrats. Just be more like Ty than Judge Smails.

congrats Eddie, I am very happy for you.
Let me know when you want to bring your first guest :D

No prob, Shane! It'll be hotter than you-know-where here in July, but at least it's a dry heat! :bulgy-eyes:

Congrats! I'll trade you a few rounds for a great reference :friends:

I say bring the heat on!!!

Congrats again, you and your family will love it

No prob, Shane! It'll be hotter than you-know-where here in July, but at least it's a dry heat! :bulgy-eyes:

[QUOTE One of my college buddies is a member of a club out at Fresno; maybe it's the same one. Look for the guy playing during the week in all the Puma gear.[/QUOTE]

You sent to college with Ricky Fowler?

Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, what does something like that cost, and is it priced for the entire family? Always wondered about these.

Congrats Eddie

Fort Washington ?

[QUOTE One of my college buddies is a member of a club out at Fresno; maybe it's the same one. Look for the guy playing during the week in all the Puma gear.

You sent to college with Ricky Fowler?[/QUOTE]

We don't have Ricky Fowler, unfortunately, but Kevin Chappell is a member. His dad is actually one of my references on the application.

Congrats Eddie

Fort Washington ?

Yessir, you got it!

Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, what does something like that cost, and is it priced for the entire family? Always wondered about these.

It really varies with the club. This one is $5K initiation and then $400/month for full membership if you're over 40. Unfortunately, I am. But then they've got a young business person's non-equity option that's only $250 initiation and $300/month. There are a couple of clubs in my area that have lower ($1500) initiation fees and lower monthly dues ($300), but they're 20-25 minutes drive. This is so much more conveniently located, which means we'll use it more, and I'd say 90% of the top middle school and high school players in town are at this club, so it's a great environment for the kids. My son has friends from his school team and kids that he played against this season out there that he knows already. I'd have loved to save the money, but we probably would have spent the extra $100 we would have saved in dues, just driving to and from the other courses anyway.

Back