Todd Graves video on Bryson

Not sure how I feel about this. But, if you watch it, I suspect we'll see a few THP'ers try this out.

Believe it not ive been doing something very similar to this for a long time. Lol
I’m going to the range after awhile and will video it..

I have mixed feelings about Graves comparing Bryson to Moe. I converted to single axis / plane swing ~10 years ago, Graves Golf model. Problem I have is not the setup. There are many who set up hands extended and relatively farther from the ball vs a classic two plane golfer with low hands close to their body.

Where I disagree is the downswing part. Moe Norman and the Graves model teach bent lead knee through impact -- period. Bryson is classic post, straightens his lead leg/spins out his feet on lead leg. He looks just like the long drive guys. They all come out of their shoes through impact. Most all PGA tour pros that are long do this today. Moe Norman never did that.... So if anything I say Bryson looks like a single plane at address but coming through impact IMO he is no where near single plane.

Moe had incredible flexibility in his hips whereas Todd Graves one plane swing looks contrived unlike Moe who looked fluent , rhythmical and natural (for him).

Here's an opinion of Brysons new clubhead speed/distance. I expect there will be several you-tube videos with a variety of instructors offering their own opinions.

I'll try anything at this point... It sure sounds swell!

Back