Golf 'N Gator

Formally HoosierGolfer
Reaction score
Handicap
Freddie; I just noticed this week on the range and playing that my divot shows about a 1/4 of an inch at the toe, and nice and thin on the heel with irons. Not normal for me. Hands too high?

I’d be curious to know what makes this happen as well. I seem to have the same trend for divots with longer irons especially.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you hitting pushes or fades?

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

Freddie; I just noticed this week on the range and playing that my divot shows about a 1/4 of an inch at the toe, and nice and thin on the heel with irons. Not normal for me. Hands too high?

Toe deep divots generally mean pushes to the right and a lie angle that is too flat. Have you had you lie angles checked?

It could be a hand position thing but I doubt it. Unless you’re swinging all arms, then it could be an issue.

Toe deep divots generally mean pushes to the right and a lie angle that is too flat. Have you had you lie angles checked?

It could be a hand position thing but I doubt it. Unless you’re swinging all arms, then it could be an issue.

Found out lie angle has changed on about half of my irons. Conditions seem softer here in Sebring versus the hard fairways of Indiana, but I haven't had my clubs checked in over a year until today. They have been bent a degree or two up before, so I'm not sure I want to chance bending them again.

Thanks for the replies!

Back