Tour Event Tokyo Olympics Golf

He's gone without a hat in the Ryder Cup often. Assume the team hat is not Nike so he just doesn't wear it
This is what I saw. Ireland wears Adidas so no hat.

Collin's target was "the right edge of that guy's sign." That's unreal focus.
That is what the DECADE system preaches. Picking the optimal target and being very specific with it.

Could they make this Olympic event any more like a regular tour event? I just don't get why they don't change up the format?
#1 they need to figure out how to make it a team event. Something like the old Alfred Dunhill Cup with 2-man teams instead of 3. I think that would make it more meaningful AND ratchet up the pressure.
#2 if you can't do that, then at least re-seed by scores after every round. I want to see leaders against leaders from Day 2 on and again up the pressure quotient.

Could they make this Olympic event any more like a regular tour event? I just don't get why they don't change up the format?
#1 they need to figure out how to make it a team event. Something like the old Alfred Dunhill Cup with 2-man teams instead of 3. I think that would make it more meaningful AND ratchet up the pressure.
#2 if you can't do that, then at least re-seed by scores after every round. I want to see leaders against leaders from Day 2 on and again up the pressure quotient.
Totally agree.

Just a stroke play event is kinda boring for Olympic competition. Sure, some of the best in the world are there, but a team event or match play or anything besides straight stroke play would have been more exciting.

It should be match play. I wonder if they'll have golf in 3 years? Has that been decided yet?

Currently experiencing some issues with the golf coverage.
E1943D02-37F8-4204-A72A-59D48624F599.jpeg
1627600108164.jpeg

Man .... three more days of the two South Korean guys grinding for a medal so that their careers won't be interrupted by mandatory military service. Can't imagine the additional pressure they are shouldering.

I am finding it to be very Boring.....very, very boring

I am finding it to be very Boring.....very, very boring

Hopefully it will rev up a few notches once all the groups get on the course.

Man .... three more days of the two South Korean guys grinding for a medal so that their careers won't be interrupted by mandatory military service. Can't imagine the additional pressure they are shouldering.
The way these announcers are talking about it, you'd think they're getting a limb chopped off if they don't win a medal.

The way these announcers are talking about it, you'd think they're getting a limb chopped off if they don't win a medal.

Yeah, Rich is a bit somber, isn't he?

Couple observations / hot sports opinions for Olympic golf....

Players NOT wearing hats--like Rory in round 2...we need MORE of this on Tour. I get it, sponsorship badge opportunity...but just place it somewhere else. Some of us don't wear hats.

The course looks amazing and the number of buzzing bugs and wildlife noises are great. More like the golf I/we play, a natural feel to it.

Should have allowed shorts. Or if its tied to the country's wardrobe selection, players should have demanded shorts.

Format sucks. Period. All other events have a match play element, how is this not match play? Ryder Cup, President's Cup, WGC events are all match play events for a reason...fix this before the next Olympics!

If the end comes down to a player from any country other than South Korea with a 5 footer to beat a South Korean player...does the non-South Korean player intentional miss/lose to "help" the South Korean player from being mandated for military service?

2.5 more days to go.....more to come I'm sure.....

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I'm enjoying this. I know a lot of golf fans want to see the big names on the leaderboard. I'd like to see Rory, Justin, Zander, Colin or Hideki win the gold. However, I just want to see good golf. I'm fine if players I never heard of win medals. There still a long way to go. The cream always seems to rise to the top. I just hate that Jon Rahm isn't there. He has had the worst luck this year and is still number one in the world right now. Also, I wish Louie was there. He might be the most consistent player for the year. I've learned by watching him to keep my cool when I'm getting beat by one of my buddies (which has happened twice this week).

Yes, Rahm not being there is bs. He strikes as the type if, given the choice, he would trade that us Open victory for a Gold to represent his country.

I dont know where that Poland golf belt can be found, but I NEED one

As a stats guy missing the top tracer, distance on putts, some make percentages, etc. Why do we need to see everybody hit a tee shot on 1. Sick of seeing the first fairway while Morikawa is hitting darts on another part of the course. Wish I could pick a "featured group" or something. Have not been impressed with any of NBC's coverage but the golf itself is entertaining.

Rory trying to make moves!

Can't remember the last time I saw Rors with a plumbers neck.

Can't remember the last time I saw Rors with a plumbers neck.
And without a Nike baseball cap too!! Between the “new/old“putter and no cap, maybe he’s onto something!!
Sure looks to be striking the ball well and aside from blowing that one 12 feet past the hole, early on…. He’s putting pretty well also!

And without a Nike baseball cap too!! Between the “new/old“putter and no cap, maybe he’s onto something!!
Sure looks to be striking the ball well and aside from blowing that one 12 feet past the hole, early on…. He’s putting pretty well also!
Would love to see him win Gold...

Would love to see him win Gold...
Can’t disagree with that sentiment. While Rory may not be the guy i root hardest for, i feel he is the probably the best player out there or should be bouncing between the 1A / 1B slot. No idea on the reason(s) for his results, relative to his abilities…. But it sure wouldn’t bother me to see him win more frequently. Maybe just a testament to the quality of the field the last several years.

Can’t disagree with that sentiment. While Rory may not be the guy i root hardest for, i feel he is the probably the best player out there or should be bouncing between the 1A / 1B slot. No idea on the reason(s) for his results, relative to his abilities…. But it sure wouldn’t bother me to see him win more frequently. Maybe just a testament to the quality of the field the last several years.
If he won the gold, and some how figured out a way to win the Masters (all 4 legs), his status among the greats would have to be revised...

Team USA’s apparel scripting so far has been B-O-R-I-N-G. So Boring.

It appears "the cream is rising" as I guessed. This has been a little hard for me to follow with the 13 hour time difference and weather delays.
I'm just not as sharp as I used to be. Maybe I should be like Robert Strickland and start taking Prevagen. Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing who prevails over the final 36 holes.

Back