Tour Event Tokyo Olympics Golf

The Dress Code at the host course is nuts.

Shorts are forbidden upon arrival at Kasumigaseki, and may only be worn during play if they are paired with knee-high socks. If your shorts have a built-in underwear liner, they are also forbidden.

So are they checking everybody's shorts for a liner? What a ridiculously unnecessary rule.

After reading through the article, their dress code is not too dissimilar from many high-end private courses elsewhere.

yeah, I was expecting something more drastic but that was fairly normal for a club like that

I too expected more from reading the headlines. This is not out of the ordinary for some private clubs here.

Would love to see Xander pull out a gold. USA!!!

Would love to see Xander pull out a gold. USA!!!
I couldn’t figure the coverage they realized he closed in a flurry of great golf. Excited for tonight’s round.

Probably already mentioned, but what is going on with the horrendous camera work? They can't even find half of the shots it seems like.

hell of a 2 by Thomas Pieters!

Even adidas is giving Fleetwood terrible shirts this week.

Looks like an interesting round coming up for the gold. It’s great that Hideki is in the hunt as is Rory.

After the first night I was not sure I recognized many in the top 10 or so but now it's looking more familiar. Like usual it's getting good!

Sepp Straka is an interesting story - I had to look it up after I heard his post round interview and he sounded like the most American American with his accent.

Does anyone know how it works for people playing under the "Great Britain" flag? Why would someone choose to fly that flag, and not England, Scotland or Wales? I am curious how that works.

I would like to see:

Casey
McIlroy
Straka
Cam Smith
or Matsuyama

medal.

Very disappointed in the vibe at the venue though. I am disgusted that Japan decided to buy into the hype and ban fans at these Games. It would be so much better if they had a course full of golf-mad Japanese to cheer on Matsuyama.

I will be watching tonight...

Anyone streaming on NBC Olympic page? Every commercial break is a minimum of 3 PXG adds.

Hey if he can pay to advertise and sell what was a prohibitively expensive club as a value leader on the market, more power to him.

Interesting business plan for sure. I’d be ready to strangle him had I paid 4K for a set of irons that now go for $500 new.

Does anyone know how it works for people playing under the "Great Britain" flag? Why would someone choose to fly that flag, and not England, Scotland or Wales? I am curious how that works.

Seriously? GB is a country, like USA , Scotland is a state, like Idaho. Ireland has a golf union which combines North and South, so McIlroy sticks with his golf union and represents Ireland rather than GB. It is called history.:banghead:

Seriously? GB is a country, like USA , Scotland is a state, like Idaho. Ireland has a golf union which combines North and South, so McIlroy sticks with his golf union and represents Ireland rather than GB. It is called history.:banghead:

You are oversimplifying this matter.

Are you honestly claiming with a straight face that Scotland and Wales aren't countries?

Also, no need for the "banging your head on the wall" emoticon. Nobody is over here trying to troll you mate, it was an honest question.

Strangely when I go to the leaderboard on ESPN, they show English flags - not the Union Jack. Nor do I see any Scottish or Welsh flags.

I need to work on my history? Really?

Scotland is a "state"? T. Really mate, you still mad that I didn't pay homage to Vardon? :ROFLMAO:

The way these announcers are talking about it, you'd think they're getting a limb chopped off if they don't win a medal.

yeah, i feel like it's a bit overblown...

What time does the final group tee off?

Watching it now. Love seeing Casey in the last group he's a veteran and see if he can use that to his advantage staring Schaufele down.

Sad there is not a team event/ top 2 or 3 in this as well but go Rory or X

Rough miss by Hideki.

Sabbatini is really gonna pull this BS and win the silver medal isn’t he?

Back