Tommy Gainey 'Two Gloves' Arrested In Major Prostitution Sting

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
From TMZ https://www.tmz.com/2019/12/11/pga-golfer-tommy-gainey-arrested-prostitution-sting-two-gloves/

Pro golfer Tommy Gainey -- famously known as Tommy "Two Gloves" -- was arrested in a major prostitution sting in Florida ... TMZ Sports has learned.
The 44-year-old was 1 of 124 people busted in an undercover investigation in Polk County, Florida dubbed, "Operation Santa's Naughty List."

80114935e797415f9d8ac03fb677554a_md.jpg

According to officials, Gainey was arrested for soliciting a prostitute -- and is facing a 1st-degree misdemeanor solicitation charge.

The sting op was a 6-day investigation using undercover detectives to target prostitution, human trafficking and child predators.
Cops say they used Internet advertisements to arrange meetings between the detectives and suspects.

Officials presented a "Naughty List" showing all 124 people arrested -- Gainey is on the board.

Jail records show Gainey was booked on Dec. 8 and was released on Dec. 9 after posting bail.
Sheriff Grady Judd explained the situation moments ago ...

23038aadcdb7516a90531465543d235c_md.jpg

"He's married. He told us he was here for a charity golf event and it was supposed to be in the next morning tee off. He didn't make it. He was a scratch."
Judd added, "We charged him with soliciting. He missed his tee time the next morning."

Gainey has been a pro golfer since 1997 and joined the PGA Tour in 2008, where he gained notoriety for wearing gloves on both hands, unusual in the sport.

9b929eddcfb64113b82960d455792306_md.jpg

He's never won a major tourney but he's become a fan favorite for the way he dresses and plays -- in particular, he has a unique swing.
Gainey has had major sponsors over the years -- from Under Armour to Adams Golf and A.O. Smith.

Story developing ...

Now we know why he uses two gloves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gives Two Gloves a different meaning.

Too early to hope he was wearing at lease one love glove?

Operation Santa's Naughty List. ?

Whoopsie

Well, I am late to the party and see a good many of the two gloves jokes I was thinking about while reading the story had already been posted.

Does this mean I need to throw signed AO Smith hat?

If I was banging hookers, I'd wear two gloves too!

his new name is "Tommy 3 Gloves" at least i hope it is for his sake

His southern drawl was misunderstood...he was simply asking for help with his putter during night putting.....

Guess Tommy put on the wrong glove that night :ROFLMAO: Yikes!

And the prostitutes name was "Paradise Forecaddie" . ? @robrandalgz

And here are your divorce papers also.

What's quite amazing in this is that they caught 124 men from a 6 day investigation with probably 5-10 internet ads. That's a lot of guys looking in short span.

Hope he was wearing more than hand protection

Gives Two Gloves a different meaning.

I’m really really in a bad place right now over this....
The “Two Gloves” name has lost its luster and sex appeal now. Orrrrrrr has it????

It never ceases to amaze me how talented, hard-working athletes/celebs make it to the top after years of grinding, and then throw it all away with one stupid decision...

What's quite amazing in this is that they caught 124 men from a 6 day investigation with probably 5-10 internet ads. That's a lot of guys looking in short span.

It was an investigation into prostitution. human trafficking and child predators. To nab so many people in Polk County Florida in such a short time frame is amazing.

Grady Judd is relentless! He don’t play no games.

Looking at those mug shots I understand why most of them need to pay for some action.

Back