TOMO Golf Shoes - THP Review Thread

They look good and the apparent breathability is perfect for our summer/winter drought conditions.

Looking forward to hearing your on-course thoughts.

Spoiler
Ok, this proves that THP has ruined me. First it was playing golf in shorts and now this.

Some on course action tonight. Happy to report there was no slipping or grip issues and the walk was extremely comfortable.

47f3a3b0d644462241e369520213becc.jpg

b2ada79dd97ecb0ed34278277d41dc00.jpg

bf0a398d9efdb653e77c293d5640b57b.jpg

Some on course action tonight. Happy to report there was no slipping or grip issues and the walk was extremely comfortable.

47f3a3b0d644462241e369520213becc.jpg

b2ada79dd97ecb0ed34278277d41dc00.jpg

bf0a398d9efdb653e77c293d5640b57b.jpg

Ok full ponder on these

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I want a pair. Just can't bring myself to pull the trigger on something that stands to give me immersion foot.

The line between street wear and golf shoe is getting blurred. This upper is poplar in many brands of athletic shoes. The sole,which goes back to astro-turf shoes of years ago must provide decent support. I am sure they are far lighter than the old turf bottoms.

OK Update time....

I have worn these for 6 straight days now, which include wearing to work, while running errands, around the apartment, and yes on the golf course. Of the course, I'm not sure what to say, they were super comfortable and lightweight. I did get a bunch of compliments on the looks and questions about the brand, which was pretty cool.

On the course there are a few areas I was really curious as to how they would perform, comfort, traction/grip, wet conditions, and just overall experience.

Comfort: Over the weekend I walked a round and rode a round. The walking round was on a hot day so having something that was a bit breathable was certainly appreciated. I had taken some walks at work of a bit over a mile, but that was on smooth surfaces with no real change in elevation, so walking on the course might have been a bit different for me. In reality though, I found them to be incredibly soft to walk in, I know some use the term walking on a pillow for soft shoes, but man these were pretty damn close. On rocky cart paths, up and down hills, side hill lies, all things were fine. Definitely more of a Nike Free style of feel to them as you can get a pretty good feedback from the terrain you are walking on, which honestly I was fine with. A big test for me is always after the round, not just immediately, but when I jump out of my truck and walk to my front door. There are times when I am hobbling, or Jenn calls my Joe Torre walk, it's usually because my feet are tired, or my Achilles get stiff from a short drive home. THANKFULLY that did not happen with these on either day.

Grip/Traction: Being honest, my footwork in the past has been less than stellar and has caused me to have a love-hate relationship with spikeless shoes. Love the looks of most, but when grip suffers or I slip, I rush back to spiked options. The depth of these nubs on the bottom didn't seem quite as deep as some others, they reminded me more of the early Ecco days. Having the straight line nubs under the inner portion of the front foot and outer back foot, seemed to add some extra stability in some pressure point areas. I'm very happy to report that I did not have 1 shot where I slipped during the swing. Neither course that I played had an abundance of flat lies, so I faced all sorts of stances and these passed every test possible.

Wet Conditions: No I did not play in the rain or an early morning round with dew flooded grass. My Sunday round was on a course that had experienced some quick passing rain before my round began, so the rough was still a bit wet in spots. As has been mentioned, these shoes are not waterproof, but water resistant. The only area I noticed the slightest bit of dampness came in the toe section, but I won't say my feet got wet to the point of being uncomfortable, or really even noticeable. Definitely not a shoe I would wear during a dew-sweeping round or during a round when I know the course has been soaked by mother nature.

I'm buttoning this one up tonight. Any questions, concerns, or whatever, let me know!

I'm buttoning this one up tonight. Any questions, concerns, or whatever, let me know!

How's the fit width and length wise? I'm always on the lookout for summer shoes, but wide feet limit my choices.

Excellent review Dean! These look like a very solid option.

Fantastic review Dean! The one thing I did not see addressed was regarding the upkeep required for the knit uppers. I own a pair of Adidas Prime Knit, which I assume are similar to these, and have to scrub them off every few rounds. I walk so am walking through grass, dirt, etc. very significantly more than a person zipping around in a cart. As far as the lack of waterproof properties, I learned long ago that something with this comfort level can't do it all. Which is the reason why I keep of leather spikeless shoes around to wear on soggy days.

I think you could spray a waterproofed on the upper to prevent rain issues or at least lessen it. However it might impact the breathability of the show.

Great article @ddec, well done.

I'm going to order a pair of 13's and hope they fit.

Excellent review Dean! These look like a very solid option.

thanks for the read!

Fantastic review Dean! The one thing I did not see addressed was regarding the upkeep required for the knit uppers. I own a pair of Adidas Prime Knit, which I assume are similar to these, and have to scrub them off every few rounds. I walk so am walking through grass, dirt, etc. very significantly more than a person zipping around in a cart. As far as the lack of waterproof properties, I learned long ago that something with this comfort level can't do it all. Which is the reason why I keep of leather spikeless shoes around to wear on soggy days.

I didn't have any issues with having to clean the knit upper part, which I'm kind of surprised as I figured that part would get a bit more dirty. The sidewall could use a quick hit with a magic eraser though. And yes, the comfort is so good(for me), I could easily forgive the waterproofing. It's pretty simple, wet rounds, wear something else haha

I think you could spray a waterproofed on the upper to prevent rain issues or at least lessen it. However it might impact the breathability of the show.

Yeah I'm sure you can do that and get some better results if that is what one is looking for.

Great article @ddec, well done.

I'm going to order a pair of 13's and hope they fit.

if they don't, throw them in the dryer on super duper high heat and shrink them down to my size.

Honestly, I'm eyeing the black pair.

I like the look but I’d have to try them on. I have a hard tiime believing they will provide enough stability. They don’t look like there is a lot of structure.

I like the look but I’d have to try them on. I have a hard tiime believing they will provide enough stability. They don’t look like there is a lot of structure.

oh they are definitely not a structured shoe. Much more of a free style.

oh they are definitely not a structured shoe. Much more of a free style.

That was my fear. With two knee replacements I need to make sure I’ve got some lateral and stability. The Shoe looks great and should do well and will probably get knocked off by a larger brand. Sketchers has made a business out of that.

Do they offer a water resistant warranty? For how long?

I'm not sure I've ever seen a water resistant warranty before. Also not sure how it would be enforced on a knit design like this that is not waterproof.

That was my fear. With two knee replacements I need to make sure I’ve got some lateral and stability. The Shoe looks great and should do well and will probably get knocked off by a larger brand. Sketchers has made a business out of that.

it's funny you mention skechers, I've become a big fan of their golf shoes because I think they are outrageously comfortable. Even with that being the case, I lean towards these in that department, though everyone will be different.

it's funny you mention skechers, I've become a big fan of their golf shoes because I think they are outrageously comfortable. Even with that being the case, I lean towards these in that department, though everyone will be different.
That wasn’t meant as a criticism of sketchers. They take other folks good ideas and figure out how to make them more comfy and usually at better price point. They do a huge business. I want their spikeless shoes.

exchanged some emails with this group yesterday talking about these and where they are going in the future. Currently Volume 2 is in the works and they are also working on a waterproof version of the Volume 1. When that shoe hits, I might just go all in on them.

exchanged some emails with this group yesterday talking about these and where they are going in the future. Currently Volume 2 is in the works and they are also working on a waterproof version of the Volume 1. When that shoe hits, I might just go all in on them.

I missed the re-stock in the 13's. Pissed at myself.

Back