TOMO Golf Shoes - THP Review Thread

Those are extremely red, but I like the style.

Because they aren’t waterproof they probably aren’t a shoe I’d golf in. But as an everyday tennis shoe...the grey ones just look nice to my eye

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Correct on the waterproof part. Box says water resistant. As a shoe that can go on and off the course (or court), it is an option

Alright, a quick update on the Vol 2 shoes. I’m very impressed with how comfortable they are - tons of padding on the sole. The sole has pretty decent grippers (only used indoors on a sim but it seemed on par with other spikeless options on the market). The bad news is that upper had no support at all and had no ankle support. If that support is important to you, these won’t be for you but I can see these being comfortable over more than 18 holes. Easy.

Ugh, I have happy feet, I need support in the uppers

Ugh, I have happy feet, I need support in the uppers
After banging a wedge into my ankle, that ankle support sure helps. They are performing better than I expected when I got them, honestly. Not perfect for me but surprisingly comfortable.

After banging a wedge into my ankle, that ankle support sure helps. They are performing better than I expected when I got them, honestly. Not perfect for me but surprisingly comfortable.

I still wore my Vol 1s for a while as a regular shoe. If these weren't all red, would you do that too?

I still wore my Vol 1s for a while as a regular shoe. If these weren't all red, would you do that too?
Probably, yeah. I’m apparently in the minority - I like the red more than the white

]
Probably, yeah. I’m apparently in the minority - I like the red more than the white

I don't know if I've ever worn a pair of all red shoes.
Its funny you mentioned the grip earlier. For the first version I really didn't think they would hold up well and I was certainly surprised by how well they reacted.

]

I don't know if I've ever worn a pair of all red shoes.
Its funny you mentioned the grip earlier. For the first version I really didn't think they would hold up well and I was certainly surprised by how well they reacted.
What do you mean how they reacted? The new version?

What do you mean how they reacted? The new version?

No I'm talking vol 1. The soles to me didn't look like they would provide much grip, but they were perfectly fine for me.

Style wise, I’m surprised how much Tomo changed things up with the Vol 2. It was a very Skater feel to it, but no more than a few other brands are doing these days.

my biggest concern, and it’s a concern for sure, is that they run big. I’m an 11 in EVERY shoe in my house and the Tomo shoes are bigger to size. The issue is compounded by the upper stretching out naturally in my initial wears. Comfortable, yes. But getting the right size is imperative to staying comfortable.

Style wise, I’m surprised how much Tomo changed things up with the Vol 2. It was a very Skater feel to it, but no more than a few other brands are doing these days.

my biggest concern, and it’s a concern for sure, is that they run big. I’m an 11 in EVERY shoe in my house and the Tomo shoes are bigger to size. The issue is compounded by the upper stretching out naturally in my initial wears. Comfortable, yes. But getting the right size is imperative to staying comfortable.

Bigger longer or wider?

that is a bit concerning being off that much

I had those issues with Puma shoes in the past too. I'd be my normal size one model and have to go down in size the next year. It was pretty frustrating and something that actually turned me off for a while.

Here are a few pictures of the details. The heel passing is thick under the heel and on the back, which makes it very comfortable when walking. I also tried to show the trend depth but it is harder than I thought.
7CA8A980-809C-4B0F-B2B0-36772B1CA557.jpegDFE2E625-A846-4994-B050-C295698CC523.jpeg1B62EB48-67CA-42C2-ABBD-1244CF7218AD.jpeg

I’m writing the last bits of my review and I went back to the beginning. I’m focused on the functionality but I wonder the appeal and market.

I could really use a little poll - how many of you like and would use a shoe that easily goes on and off the course without changing them?

I’m writing the last bits of my review and I went back to the beginning. I’m focused on the functionality but I wonder the appeal and market.

I could really use a little poll - how many of you like and would use a shoe that easily goes on and off the course without changing them?

I loved mine that I recieved last year. Comfy, easy on and off but had 2 gripes about them....................shoelaces wouldn't stay tied for me, even with a double knot. The 2nd, they tear too easy when your dog thinks theyre one of her toys running around in the back yard with it in her mouth while I chased her.

Little bump of my question for the morning crowd

Back