Tomorrow is fitting day!

So three weeks have passed and they are still waiting for the iron heads to be shipped from Callaway. I'm trying to be patient but I want my new clubs! lol

My clubs are FINALLY ready (most of them anyway)! The 4 iron head is on back order and they are waiting on a shaft for one of the wedges. I'm heading out in about 45 minutes to pick them up.

It's been a loooong wait. I have my Church's scramble tournament tomorrow morning, so I'll get to put them to immediate use.

Going to Golf MD for my first ever iron fitting 9-22

Going to Golf MD for my first ever iron fitting 9-22
Be prepared to wait for new clubs. Every Mavrik set they've sold is waiting for a 4 iron. He told me that Ping is about 3 months out on shipping. :eek:

But the experience will be great. Mike really knows his stuff and is very patient. You can tell he gets truly excited when he finds the right club/shaft combo for you.

20200911_210521.jpg

20200911_210947.jpg
20200911_211114.jpg

20200911_211026.jpg

20200911_211045.jpg

20200911_211130.jpg

I really lucked out, getting my set late February. Went back to see Make about some adjustments to my wedges and he said they were already backed up a month later. Damn Covid.

That's crazy. I finished up my fitting last Friday the 4th. I was fit into the standard Mavrik 5-PW, AW, GW with Tensei silver graphite shafts. They arrived yesterday (9/10).

When we ordered, he did say that the 4-irons were on back order. He also confirmed that Ping shipping times are insane (they've been telling him early December). He also said that Titleist is really backed up on the T200 and T300s, while the T100 options aren't taking too long to ship.

In any event, glad you finally got them. I've only had a chance to hit them a couple of times indoors, but I think I'm going to enjoy playing with them.

First time out was not good. At all.

I played in our Church's scramble tournament this morning. I felt like I did last year, before I started hitting my irons good. I was shanking them, blading, chunking...nothing was working. Couldn't drive the ball. Short game was a mess too. I think I finally started clearing my head towards the end and made a few good shots.

It wasn't the clubs, I was over thinking everything. Once I started getting back to the basics of what makes up my swing when it is working, I did better.

I'll get to the range with them in a few days and work on it.

I can't remember if you came from graphite or steel, but if it's a material switch that could contribute to a slightly longer adjustment period. The new sticks look great, expect it to take a handful of rounds before they start to click. If you get lucky it will be shorter but there's so much tech goodness packed into these new clubs they do feel different.

I can't remember if you came from graphite or steel, but if it's a material switch that could contribute to a slightly longer adjustment period. The new sticks look great, expect it to take a handful of rounds before they start to click. If you get lucky it will be shorter but there's so much tech goodness packed into these new clubs they do feel different.
I went from steel to graphite. There may be something to that, but the fact is I was just making some terrible swings today. The conditions weren't ideal either. It was sloppy wet today and CPO. I just felt out of rhythm all day.

I picked up my 4i and wedges yesterday, so my bag is finally complete. I won't get to play this weekend. Hopefully I can get to the range during the week and then out on the course next weekend.

20200920_094335.jpg

20200920_094642.jpg

20200920_094742.jpg

Last edited:
Very cool! I just got the direct marketing e-mail from Callaway on their wedges that look like the Clevelands. Did you try those too?
I think I like the look of your Clevelands better though...
News Toys!

Very cool! I just got the direct marketing e-mail from Callaway on their wedges that look like the Clevelands. Did you try those too?
I think I like the look of your Clevelands better though...
News Toys!

No, I was fit for the CBX2's before the Mack Daddy CB's were released.

No, I was fit for the CBX2's before the Mack Daddy CB's were released.
Thought that might be the case since I just got that e-mail yesterday, I think it was. Just a thought as I said to myself "I think I like the look of the Clevelands more." (y)

The people speaking of ping. I was told November for my fairway wood. They told me 8 weeks on my apex when I order them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a cool looking bag of clubs, nice mixture of different brands.

Back