MGoBlue

2021 Titleist Experience!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone see his farewell concert on CBS tonight? Great to see but also sad in a way. 95 years old and with Alzheimer’s. Doesn’t remember his own wife half the time but still remembers all the classic songs and lyrics. Still clearly loves performing and the audience but probably didn’t know that it would be the last time he saw one.

he is/was a great singer and entertainer and will be missed. Thanks to Antonio Benedetti, Caio.

Did not see it but I’m sure I’ll give it a watch on YouTube or one of the other means.

I've not seen it, but I'll give it a watch on the YouTube. Saw Tony Bennett play many many years ago at the Glastonbury festival, and he was absolutely superb.

Saw him being interviewed after May Winehouse's death. He had dueted with her and waxed lyrically about her talent and drive. Lovely man.

His Unplugged album is still in the constant rotation for me.

I will have to check it out on YouTube

I watched a little of it. I saw the 60 minutes piece on them a while back showing how he couldn’t remember things but transformed onstage. I saw him in Vegas about 6 years ago. Quite a showman despite his age. He had a great run.

I completely agree with this post!

What a voice :cry:

Just amazing at 95. He has entertained millions and always was a first class person. I was impressed how Gaga treated him. Nice to enjoy the classics occasionally

Just amazing at 95. He has entertained millions and always was a first class person. I was impressed how Gaga treated him. Nice to enjoy the classics occasionally

Lady Gaga respected talented musicians and singers like Tony Bennett. And Bennett, the first time he met her after hearing her sing, told her, "You are a jazz singer! Forget all this pop stuff, and sing jazz! That is where you belong!" I don't know how many of you might have seen the Emmy's the year of the 50th anniversary of "The Sound of Music". Lady Gaga was slated to sing the iconic song of the film and Julie Andrews would be in attendance. Talk about pressure. Gaga crushed it! Flat killed it!

A local radio sports talk host mentioned the Bennett/Gaga show since he is a big Tony Bennett fan. He said Gaga did a rendition of "Luck Be a Lady Tonight". that brought the house down!

I grew up listening to Bennett, Sinatra, Dean Martin, Tony Vale, Mel Torme, Nat "King" Cole, Perry Como, among others. These guys could sing!

I didn't see that but I did see Glen Campbell in concert his last year. Country music legend... he has/had Alzheimer's also. It was heart breaking to see him lead out onto stage by his daughter and placed in front of the microphone stand. He was then given his guitar and he began to perform. Awesome show. He sang a few songs, then stopped and just kind of wandered off stage.

The crowd was laughing but I didn't think it was part of the show. I think he thought he was done. Anyway, his daughter led him back to the mike andwhen he realized he wasn't done his face lit up with a big old smile and he was performing again!

Hopefully science finds a cure for this and soon.

I've said this before to other friends but Tony Bennett is a national treasure and should be treated as such. A true icon of the art.

Man was and still is a beauty. Hate to hear that’s how he’s going to be going out career wise :/

Back