Too Early for Pumpkin?

OITW

Reaction score
It's still August, the last I checked.

My inbox has been blowing up with Pumpkin releases for the last week, whether it's coffee, beer, etc.

Getting it in September is one thing, but August still? It's not even Labor Day yet!

So early is too early for these releases?

Or are you a "I'll eat/drink Pumpkin year round" kind of person.

I have been getting it too. Yes, too early.

My wife is already buying Xmas presents. For some reason she finds it necessary to show me all the holiday adds. My response, come find me when it starts raining. Usually that’s November. Seems like every year they start a week earlier.

Oktoberfest/pumpkin beer coming out in August when it's 100+° is something that unreasonably angers me.

Do you know a mental health professional you can speak with? ;):p

*The mirror doesn't count

Heading to the lake this weekend and temps will be in the 50’s. Bring on the pumpkin and the Oktoberfest!

Yes it is too early. Its going to be 90 degrees. Give me some cool nights before I even think of anything pumpkin.

they always come out with too early in New England. I think it should wait until mid-september or something like that. Its still summer

Never really cared for anything pumpkin. Even pumpkin pie, so all the noise about it doesn't really bother me.

Pretty sure I saw Christmas decorations out at a store yesterday, I think people are just reaching for things to look forward to.

To early it’s considered spam at this point

Not according to Mrs SirShives. My wife will start buying pumpkins as soon as they show up in the stores. She loves to roast pumpkin seeds so that’s about to start at my house very soon.

As long as it is in the form of pumpkin pie, bring it on.

YES!!! It’s not even Labor Day yet! I went into a store the other day and they had Halloween candy out already!!!

I agree August might be a little early, but I love all things pumpkin so I am not hating on this.

it's a couple of weeks early for me, but I sure as **** get a PS iced coffee from Dunkin when I have to go in to work.

It is ALWAYS too early to pumpkin, especially since there's no real pumpkin in any of these things.

Except pumpkin ice cream. That stuff is the bomb.

It is ALWAYS too early to pumpkin, especially since there's no real pumpkin in any of these things.

I'm willing to fight people who are against pumpkin ice cream. Ok, maybe that's too far. But I'm willing to let you fight them.

Trader Joe’s has a pumpkin ice cream sandwich. It has ginger snap cookies holding it together! It’s awesome!

I was in Wal-Mart the other day to get something I needed.

I went the section where my needed item has been located for years. It had been moved. In it's place were Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas decorations. A whole, 50 foot, two sided isle of holiday merchandise. Even signage saying they were now accepting early holiday lay-a-ways.

I just figured it was a sign of the current times. Vendors getting their seasonal sale items out early to increase the customers buying time.

Just a lot of people, not working, who are currently strapped for spending money right now. Vendors are trying to get an early jump on this spending shortage.

As I'm leaving the store, I see a large parking lot area fenced off, with several steel shipping containers in side the fencing. I figured that was over flow storage for anticipated heavy volume of holiday lay-a-ways.

The only thing I will eat or drink that is pumpkin other than on Thanksgiving is a delicious pumpkin bar with cream cheese frosting that is at a gas station chain called Kwik Trip.

Pumpkin spice has jumped the shark.

I agree August might be a little early, but I love all things pumpkin so I am not hating on this.
2020 has been the worst. I agree ☝️- let the people have one thing that makes them happy.

I was talking about this with the wife last night! Still too warm for pumpkin in my opinion, BUT the Starbucks Iced pumpkin cold brew is our gateway drug into pumpkin season... still going to hold off for a few weeks at least

Back