RxGus

Argyle Warrior
Reaction score
Handicap
Winter
A story that is coming across the news feeds here in cleveland involves a convicted killer on death row who claims he is too fat to be executed...
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...-ohio-killer-im-too-obese-to-be-executed?lite
A condemned Ohio inmate who weighs 480 pounds and has a history of difficulty losing weight argues he would face a "torturous and lingering death" if executed in January.
Ronald Post, who shot and killed a hotel clerk in northern Ohio almost 30 years ago, said his weight, vein access, scar tissue, depression and other medical problems raise the likelihood his executioners would encounter severe problems. He's also so big that the execution gurney might not hold him, lawyers for Post said in federal court papers filed Friday.
"Indeed, given his unique physical and medical condition there is a substantial risk that any attempt to execute him will result in serious physical and psychological pain to him, as well as an execution involving a torturous and lingering death," the filing said.

My favorite quote:
"any attempt to execute him will result in serious physical and psychological pain to him"

No crap... we are KILLING him. I am pretty sure that death is a serious physical and emotional experience, regardless of how much you weigh

Get a crane and hang him. Problem solved.

Could always just shoot and kill him like he did the hotel clerk. The fat won't affect that.

This is nuts. Although I could easily see it holding up in court unfortunately

Unless you die in your sleep, isn't knowing you're going to die torturous?

put him in bullfrog's dungeon

Could always just shoot and kill him like he did the hotel clerk. The fat won't affect that.

Depends where you shoot him and with what caliber.

Take a sword to his head Spartacus sytle. Fat won't help him much then

That is just crazy.

Only in Ohio

he's prob only 350....silly internet prisoner

Sympathy meter is clearly at 0 on this one..

480 though? Ohio feeds their inmates very well.

Double tap. Back of the head.

I see a reality show in the making 'death row biggest loser' send profits to victims family.
What gets me is 30 years on death row. Why? 30 years longer than the guy he killed.

How about they starve him to death, thins him out and kills him at the same time, two problems solved, HA

One thing I've never understood is why death row inmates get more chances at life than the people they killed.

I personally feel that they should be killed in the same manner in which they killed their victims.

Sympathy meter is clearly at 0 on this one..

480 though? Ohio feeds their inmates very well.

I was thinking the same thing. How does a he get that much fatty food in prison.

Just have a grizzly bear chase him. That way he can get some excercise and lose weight, the be killed. Problem solved.

I was thinking the same thing. How does a he get that much fatty food in prison.

Just have a grizzly bear chase him. That way he can get some excercise and lose weight, the be killed. Problem solved.

ZOMBIES!

Zombieland%2BCardio.jpg

Back