Too Good to be true?

johnday

Your everyday 4J
Reaction score
Handicap
TOO high
Ok. I found a REALLY good deal on Ebay. The seller has a 100% positive feedback, but for this driver at this price I'm scared to buy it. Any tips on what to look out for? Thanks for any help you can give. It will be appreciated.

If you are scared to buy it, dont buy it. There are a large number of fake clubs out there and despite feedback, you never really know until you get the club. Unfortunately a few have ruined it for hundreds of great sellers.

Ok. I found a REALLY good deal on Ebay. The seller has a 100% positive feedback, but for this driver at this price I'm scared to buy it. Any tips on what to look out for? Thanks for any help you can give. It will be appreciated.

Um, how many people have posted feedback? If a lot have, then you are probably okay. Also, contact him and inquire as to if the club has any defects or dents or anything like that.

Would you like to share the item or seller?

It seems like many THPers have had experiences and may have purchased from them before..

The best advice I have is make sure there is a return policy. I wouldn't buy anything unless the have a 7 day or more return policy. Buy it get it checked out and send it back if its not the real deal.

The seller is aix-en. Positive feedback results:
12 months: 76
6 months: 43
1 month: 14.
Thanks for all of the replys.

Why not just ask for a serial number. Then you have nothing to worry about.

Why not just ask for a serial number. Then you have nothing to worry about.

Good idea... Why can't I think of that lol

Are you looking at those G10 LH clubs? If so, those prices don't look out of line to me. A G10 driver is only worth about $75 in trade, so a buy it now price of $110 is a good deal but it isn't really a steal.

There are certainly lots of EBay sellers dealing in knock-offs but, based on the volume and type of used clubs he's selling, that seller looks legit to me.

Thanks for all of the replys! I might look into it!

wheres the link? or you worried someone else might grab it first! :act-up:

I bought both my r9 460 and r9 3 wood from a reputable seller on Ebay. I asked for the serial numbers b4 hand and both clubs were authentic. If they are a legit seller they will send you that information with no hesistation. Another thing is go into their history and look for clubs like the one you purchased and the feedback they left for the seller. For every fake seller out there, 1000 people are legit. Just be careful and be sure you always view their feedback, if you see one negative about anything regarding quality of club then just move on to the next. If I find a legit seller they always go on my favorite sellers list and thats one less person I have to worry about.

hehehe I hear ya. I just looked up the seller in ebay community and he's been a member for 12 years + but only has 27 feedbacks as a seller and only 3 for golf equipment this year. thats said he has 100% and looks like he sold some golf stuff last year. but I would still do what JB suggests and get a serial number to verify

hehehe I hear ya. I just looked up the seller in ebay community and he's been a member for 12 years + but only has 27 feedbacks as a seller and only 3 for golf equipment this year. thats said he has 100% and looks like he sold some golf stuff last year. but I would still do what JB suggests and get a serial number to verify

Ok. Thanks for all the help everybody!

the $110 buy it now seems pretty good, if it goes the auction way who knows what it will sell for cause it has 6 days left

seems like its legit.

Thanks Johnday! I just bought it! Great deal!

I'll sell it to you for . . . .

Spoiler
dr_evil_one_million_dollars.jpg

ONE MILLION DOLLARS

yeah with freakin lazers!

Hahahahahahha. Are you willing to negotiate?

Sure. I'll take the asking price of my house! lol And throw in the house!

Your folks need a vacation home in Kansas don't they?

Sure. I'll take the asking price of my house! lol And throw in the house!

Your folks need a vacation home in Kansas don't they?

They sure do! We've been looking.

Back