Took the PXG bait , and here are my way too early thoughts.

I would really like to see some in hand photos of the top line and sole of the Gen 2 Players model.

I would really like to see some in hand photos of the top line and sole of the Gen 2 Players model.
Check out Michael Newton’s review of the whole Gen 2 line on YouTube

It seems that Gen 2 prices have dropped further - now $89 stock iron price - I say stock as I have no idea what shaft that includes.

Seeing as how PXG just dropped the price AGAIN, I may have to jump on these now!
When i got the irons 3 weeks ago, they where 89.00 a club, and 225.00 for driver

I think that was the price of the 0211 irons and driver. The Gen 2 irons were $109, which was down from $120 when I bought mine in March. It was a great value then and a ridiculous price now for a great club. Interestingly the 0211 irons went up to $99 yesterday! Sometimes it seems that Parsons sets prices using a dart board. :)

It seems that Gen 2 prices have dropped further - now $89 stock iron price - I say stock as I have no idea what shaft that includes.
Either Elevate 95 or MMT graphite

Just noticed that in the 0211 DCs there is no availability of 7 irons, as well as G,S,L wedges. Presumably they are making more but might be a while (unless they raid the 7 irons in the fitting vans!).

I got the 0211 previous-gen irons last year and they don't disappoint at all. That 0211 driver looks amazing in person and it's crazy to think you can still get fit by a PXG rep for that price.

In the driver i went with the EvenFlow Riptide CB 60 at 45.5, and Irons i took a big chance and went with MMT 80, and for a lighter weight graphite they stood up just fine and excelled even with my aggressive swing.

PXG 0211 (2021) irons look great, and even though i hate offset the 4 and 5 irons hide it well and rest of the set it drops off quickly. When i did my part and granted only hit the G,W, 9 and 7, i saw a nice strong mid/high (more mid than high) and they feel great, and i have hit Mizunos, srixons, and Epons . This was my first experience with a hollow body irons, and so far i like the feel , it's just hard to explain. I can see that i may have to look into dropping the 3 or 5 wood (all depends on how the 4 and 5 irons work for me ) going to a 52,56,60 wedge set up.

Only mistake i made was settling for the stock grips, they are ok, but i should have paid the 10.00 a club for one of the upgrade options.

Would love any more feedback you gather on the 5 iron. I have a fitting next week for the 0211 and looking at 5-W. Very happy to hear about the MMT holding up, I'm excited to give those a whirl. Also keep seeing feedback on the poor grips - have to weigh options on upgrading through them or just getting my own at a lower price and install myself - I might stick w/ stock grips since I can get a full set I like for the $60 I'll have to pay for them to put on something else.

Ended up grabbing a new set of 0311P Gen 2 6-UW with Elevate 95 today.

look forward to your thoughts and experience with them, what shaft did you go with, any other changes like length, loft or lie?
Went with the MMT shaft, -1/2 length (since standard longer than most), and +1 upright lie. I received an email that due to many orders they are running about 14 business days to process.

I'm taking a hard look at clubs from PXG. I got the Hogan demo clubs, both Icon and PTx Pro 7is with Recoil and KBS Tour 90 shafts respectively, and they do nothing for me. They look great, feel OK, but I'm not happy with either ball flight and there is just no "wow" factor. I would love to get a set of 0311P Gen 3 irons but when you factor in sales tax and shipping they are just outside my "approved" budget (if you catch my drift :LOL:).

Thus I've been looking at both the new 0211 DC and the Gen 2 0311P. The sole width on the 0211s is a little concerning for me. Any insight on how that is affecting your play, good or bad? I'm also wondering if I go 2° stronger on the Gen 2 0311P would I get close to the type of distance one expects from the 0211 DC? Anyone try both to provide a comparison? The pricing on these two sets is incredible!

Would love any more feedback you gather on the 5 iron. I have a fitting next week for the 0211 and looking at 5-W. Very happy to hear about the MMT holding up, I'm excited to give those a whirl. Also keep seeing feedback on the poor grips - have to weigh options on upgrading through them or just getting my own at a lower price and install myself - I might stick w/ stock grips since I can get a full set I like for the $60 I'll have to pay for them to put on something else.

I will get back out this week, and even though only got down to the 7 iron first time out, i will make sure to hit 4 and 5 iron at this week's range session

I started with the 0211 Driver and liked it so much I dove in on the irons. I highly recommend trying the different settings on the driver. I was surprised what a difference it made. Even in the stock setting the 0211 out drove my previous, TS3, gamer out of the bag. I thought maybe the fist sim session was a fluke but it was backed up a week later. I believe the driver is the bargain of the year if not decade. I would love love to try a UST LinQ in it. On the irons I went with the elevate tours and had them hard stepped. They feel great for a hollow body. I've used the 4i quite a bit off the tee on shorter, tight driving holes and have been really pleased with the results. I too ditched the grips in favor of my preferred super stroke cross comforts which are not an option from PXG.

I'm kicking myself. They had a tent set up at the range I was at Saturday morning. I was going to try them, but I'm happy with my bag and told myself I wouldn't make any changes the rest of the year. But man, I really wish I would've demoed them. A green grass range when you've just hit your own clubs is the perfect time to test something.

Grabbed 7-LW in the 0211 DC with MMT shaft. Also got a 0211 driver with the Diamana S+ and 0811 XF Driver with Riptide CB. So far, very pleased with everything.

A few other PXG tidbits, if you call in and talk to the online "fitter" they give you $5 off each club. Not much but it is something. I was also told if I had scheduled a fitting they would hold the pricing at the sale rates. Fittings in my area were booked solid 7 weeks out, so I went the online route to beat the original sale end date of 4/30. The fitter I spoke with stated he also does in person fittings and has fit the 0211 irons from golfers ranging in handicaps from 4 to 24. I believe that, they are forgiving but let you know you didn't hit it center face and if you have the skill can work the ball with them. Also when I ordered the GW showed as not available online but the fitter made no mention of that and it was included in the delivery.

A few other PXG tidbits, if you call in and talk to the online "fitter" they give you $5 off each club. Not much but it is something. I was also told if I had scheduled a fitting they would hold the pricing at the sale rates. Fittings in my area were booked solid 7 weeks out, so I went the online route to beat the original sale end date of 4/30. The fitter I spoke with stated he also does in person fittings and has fit the 0211 irons from golfers ranging in handicaps from 4 to 24. I believe that, they are forgiving but let you know you didn't hit it center face and if you have the skill can work the ball with them. Also when I ordered the GW showed as not available online but the fitter made no mention of that and it was included in the delivery.

I was lucky to get a fitting scheduled as quick as I did - driving a bit for it but already was going to be in area for a wedding - they are holding the price for me as well for the $89/iron.

What irons/shafts did you play before and did you play them all the way down to the 4i like you are w/ the 0211s? I saw you went with the Elevate Tour in them, did you give the MMT's a try? I've not hit the Elevate Tour, only the Elevate 95 and didn't like the feel of it at all.

Little update, range session was HOT (93+) and still fighting back and trying to work out my swing, but these club heads are legit. Example my Srixon 565 PW was my 125 club, it was 44 degrees, the PXG 0211 PW is 42 and with range balls yesterday flight was mid/high strong flight to 135-140 flag i lasered. I am still getting use to the shaft head combo, and was hitting a fair number of fat shots, if that due to length of clubs, my swing, deflection in the shaft , who knows, and i would need someone smarter than me to get that figured out.

PXG 0211 driver, it's a performer, only hit about 5-6 drives, all bad swings (and i mean bad), but most carried 210-220 and playable.

I was working with about 2-3 swing thoughts and paths yesterday, Like to get out early one morning when temps are down and really get an hour with just the irons, and commit to one path, one swing thought.

SIDENOTE: would have been interesting to try these heads in a Elevate 95 vss side by side with the MMT

Last edited:
I've got a green grass fitting scheduled for 11:30am this Friday. I'm interested in seeing how the MMT shaft works for me and which flex is better as I have Recoil F2s in my irons now but my two previous sets were Recoil F3. My major interest is in the 0211DC, 2nd Gen 0311 (P or XF probably), and how both of them match up with the 3rd Gen 0311's. I am definitely looking for distance and great "feel".

FYI I called last week when ordering my irons and they did away with the loyalty discount ($5 off per club when calling in). He said they could no longer offer it when I inquired about it.

I've got a green grass fitting scheduled for 11:30am this Friday. I'm interested in seeing how the MMT shaft works for me and which flex is better as I have Recoil F2s in my irons now but my two previous sets were Recoil F3. My major interest is in the 0211DC, 2nd Gen 0311 (P or XF probably), and how both of them match up with the 3rd Gen 0311's. I am definitely looking for distance and great "feel".
I am going to wager to say the A flex in the MMT. I found the MMT regular to launch pretty low for me. I find shafts like the Elevate, XP95 etc to launch higher than the MMT did.

I found the MMT regular to launch pretty low for me.
I got that impression looking at the specs on that shaft . Also, a buddy of mine who was a club tech for Dick's told me the tip on the MMTs is slightly firmer as kick point is mid.

I pulled the trigger on the 0211 driver and very happy with what I received. I did pay the extra $10 to get Winn Dri Tac grips. Driver is well made, easy to hit and long (for me).

Anyone had the lengths taken down?

Looking at specs they seem to be about a half inch long compared to what I've been playing (i25) in comparable lofts (the number on the club is significantly different, so I'm just looking at loft to loft & length to length). I don't want to create a huge gap going into my wedges by using a 42 degree wedge that is longer than my current 41 degree 9i.

Back