Took the PXG bait , and here are my way too early thoughts.

I’m deaf so the sound is likely very different for me then you! I hear, just not well. Makes the game interesting! What shaft did you demo? I use the diamana that was not an uncharge. It’s great, again, for me.

same here...it worked well for me (i didn't feel like my swing had to change, if that makes sense) so i didn't even ask about other shafts. in the irons i went with the elevate tours even though i swung the 95's well. the tours were just a better fit.

I wonder who the Target is now? ‘elite’, or bargain hunter? I think they are planning for subsequent versions, reeling us in. Or moving toward military?

i feel like they're just casting a net and seeing what they get with this...

same here...it worked well for me (i didn't feel like my swing had to change, if that makes sense) so i didn't even ask about other shafts. in the irons i went with the elevate tours even though i swung the 95's well. the tours were just a better fit.
Cool. Deaf and arthritis, i had them soft step the mmt 80 shaft. I have the strong r, a bit more weight, and less wrist/hand pain.

Well the 7 wood has performed so well I've gone an ordered the 3 wood! And got an iron fit at the start of August with my eyes on the gen3 O311t

Anyone order around the first of July from PXG ? Any updates on your order ?

I ordered some wedges a week ago. I contacted PXG to see if there were any possibility they could get them to me quicker (they are saying currently that it is taking on average 14-16 days to ship new clubs). So I guess I wait :)

I ordered some wedges a week ago. I contacted PXG to see if there were any possibility they could get them to me quicker (they are saying currently that it is taking on average 14-16 days to ship new clubs). So I guess I wait :)

Got it. I ordered my irons 7/2. The order tracking initially said they would go into pick/build status on 7/16. Which for custom clubs in this current golf environment is surprisingly quick. That memo disappeared a few days ago and no further updates. I’ve kinda got buyers remorse now. So may end up calling them tomorrow to cancel if I still can.
Watch I’ll probably get a shipping notice tomorrow 😀

Got it. I ordered my irons 7/2. The order tracking initially said they would go into pick/build status on 7/16. Which for custom clubs in this current golf environment is surprisingly quick. That memo disappeared a few days ago and no further updates. I’ve kinda got buyers remorse now. So may end up calling them tomorrow to cancel if I still can.
Watch I’ll probably get a shipping notice tomorrow 😀

It will be worth the wait. On a plus note, I bought my son-in-law Gen 3 irons and he got a 'shipped' notice yesterday. The clubs arrived that afternoon, so their 'messaging' may be behind the actual build/ship notifications.

It will be worth the wait. On a plus note, I bought my son-in-law Gen 3 irons and he got a 'shipped' notice yesterday. The clubs arrived that afternoon, so their 'messaging' may be behind the actual build/ship notifications.
I’m not disappointed about the wait. I’m just having buyers remorse on spending the money 😀. Just bought a new driver and want a new putter.

Looks like a lot of people are getting some quality results with the PXG offerings,

Anyone order around the first of July from PXG ? Any updates on your order ?
Ordered my 0211s, +1 lie, -1/2” length, KBS 55 graphite shafts on June 29. Delivered July 14. Beautiful clubs. Cast, but soft feel.

Ordered my 0211s, +1 lie, -1/2” length, KBS 55 graphite shafts on June 29. Delivered July 14. Beautiful clubs. Cast, but soft feel.
Nice. I called yesterday and the rep said mine were being built. Said they should ship within a week.

update: my tracking just updated to “picked/build” stage.

Last edited:
Thinking of getting my wife the 2021 0211 DC irons 6-AW. She has been playing more and shoots in the mid nineties with a nice swing. She is playing a set of Taylormade RBZ irons with the stock graphite 55gram shaft. I see the ladies shaft in the PXG is the MMT at 50grams. She always says she doesn't want anything new and I can't get her to go to a fitting but in the last two years got her the Cobra Speedzone driver and some fairway woods which she hits way better than the clubs they replaced.. The deal on these irons is pretty good and im assuming the new technology will benefit her and will perform significantly better than I think 10 year old clubs. Everything I read says these irons are pretty forgiving. Do you find that to be the case ?. And if she doesn't like them I see there is a 30 day return option with a 15 percent "restocking fee".

Thinking of getting my wife the 2021 0211 DC irons 6-AW. She has been playing more and shoots in the mid nineties with a nice swing. She is playing a set of Taylormade RBZ irons with the stock graphite 55gram shaft. I see the ladies shaft in the PXG is the MMT at 50grams. She always says she doesn't want anything new and I can't get her to go to a fitting but in the last two years got her the Cobra Speedzone driver and some fairway woods which she hits way better than the clubs they replaced.. The deal on these irons is pretty good and im assuming the new technology will benefit her and will perform significantly better than I think 10 year old clubs. Everything I read says these irons are pretty forgiving. Do you find that to be the case ?. And if she doesn't like them I see there is a 30 day return option with a 15 percent "restocking fee".

I have a friend who took advantage of the 30 day return policy with no issues last year.

Ive got a $79 credit to use from my gen4 3w and hybrid purchase that expires Friday......what to buy, what to buy????

Ive got a $79 credit to use from my gen4 3w and hybrid purchase that expires Friday......what to buy, what to buy????
Well, the Gen4 0811 drivers are now $299 which is a great value but at $220 is like robbery! If you don’t need a club (or don’t want to spend more than the $79 credit) take a look at the accessories section of the website. I had about $50 to spend and got a combo ball marker/groove cleaner and a water bottle. There are some other interesting things like ball markers, putter covers etc. Most are overpriced compared to the same item without a PXG logo, but the quality is excellent and Free Shipping!

idk which 0811 i hit but i was wondering what others who have hit both the 0811xf and 0211 drivers thought about them...

Well, the Gen4 0811 drivers are now $299 which is a great value but at $220 is like robbery! If you don’t need a club (or don’t want to spend more than the $79 credit) take a look at the accessories section of the website. I had about $50 to spend and got a combo ball marker/groove cleaner and a water bottle. There are some other interesting things like ball markers, putter covers etc. Most are overpriced compared to the same item without a PXG logo, but the quality is excellent and Free Shipping!
I play Gen4 x 7.5* right now....im thinking I might grab the Gen4 XF 9* so I have a more forgiving option also

idk which 0811 i hit but i was wondering what others who have hit both the 0811xf and 0211 drivers thought about them...
I dont know anyone personally who plays the 0211 but every YouTube and online review person who has hit it has given it rave reviews... if it were me id go with the Gen4 XF for the current price. Gen4, at least for me, has been an upgrade over the Proto driver

Couple of things. The 0211DC irons are stronger lofted like most irons these days compared to irons from 10 years ago. If she can elevate the ball pretty well this shouldn't be an issue, but something to consider. My guess is the MMT shaft will also launch a little lower than the stock RBZ graphite shafts. At least from my testing of the MMT in the 70g R variant it launched lower than most 95-100g steel shafts I normally game.

Stock RBZ 7i is 30.5* and a 37" length. Stock 0211dc 7i is 28* and 37.5" (both mens specs). Often times Ladies clubs will be an inch shorter. But nonetheless the PXG's will be stronger lofted and likely a little longer shaft.

Her RBZ irons are also going to be a little bit larger in terms of club head size. The 0211dc's are a progressive set. So slightly longer blade lengths in the longer irons and slightly shorter blade lengths in the mid irons and wedges. If you are familiar with Ping irons, the longer irons will be more like a G series Ping irons, the scoring irons and wedges will be more Ping i series irons size wise. So depending on her comfort level going to a smaller iron could be a good or bad thing.

Finally, yes, within 30 days of receiving the irons you can return them. They do hit you with the 15% restocking fee as you pointed out. And another thing to consider is you have to pay for shipping both ways. Shipping to you for a set of irons is $60 (they use Fedex) which is not refunded if you return them. Also for a set of irons depending on where you live is going to cost probably $17-$35 to ship back to PXG using USPS. So the hit is actually more than 15%. I know I have returned 2 sets of PXG irons in the past year.
But have a 3rd set coming next week :)

Couple of things. The 0211DC irons are stronger lofted like most irons these days compared to irons from 10 years ago. If she can elevate the ball pretty well this shouldn't be an issue, but something to consider. My guess is the MMT shaft will also launch a little lower than the stock RBZ graphite shafts. At least from my testing of the MMT in the 70g R variant it launched lower than most 95-100g steel shafts I normally game.

Stock RBZ 7i is 30.5* and a 37" length. Stock 0211dc 7i is 28* and 37.5" (both mens specs). Often times Ladies clubs will be an inch shorter. But nonetheless the PXG's will be stronger lofted and likely a little longer shaft.

Her RBZ irons are also going to be a little bit larger in terms of club head size. The 0211dc's are a progressive set. So slightly longer blade lengths in the longer irons and slightly shorter blade lengths in the mid irons and wedges. If you are familiar with Ping irons, the longer irons will be more like a G series Ping irons, the scoring irons and wedges will be more Ping i series irons size wise. So depending on her comfort level going to a smaller iron could be a good or bad thing.

Finally, yes, within 30 days of receiving the irons you can return them. They do hit you with the 15% restocking fee as you pointed out. And another thing to consider is you have to pay for shipping both ways. Shipping to you for a set of irons is $60 (they use Fedex) which is not refunded if you return them. Also for a set of irons depending on where you live is going to cost probably $17-$35 to ship back to PXG using USPS. So the hit is actually more than 15%. I know I have returned 2 sets of PXG irons in the past year.
But have a 3rd set coming next week :)
Thanks for the input. Talked to the fitter/rep from PXG and he was great. I was able to answer all his questions about my wife's game and he was able to put together a set of irons for her. He did tell me that 0311 XP GEN 3 irons were much more forgiving than the 0211 DC's which I was considering . He also pointed out that they were forged. They are a great looking iron. Being a THPer who loves clubs and has a basic understanding of clubs for about $50.00 more a club I went with the 0311 XP GEN 3 irons. I didn't want to order the 0211 DC's which im sure are very nice and then start second guessing my choice particularly after being told the 0311 XP GEN 3 irons were much more forgiving. I think these irons will be perfect for my wife with the MMT 50 gram ladies shaft. Look forward to posting about her experience with these irons.

Thanks for the input. Talked to the fitter/rep from PXG and he was great. I was able to answer all his questions about my wife's game and he was able to put together a set of irons for her. He did tell me that 0311 XP GEN 3 irons were much more forgiving than the 0211 DC's which I was considering . He also pointed out that they were forged. They are a great looking iron. Being a THPer who loves clubs and has a basic understanding of clubs for about $50.00 more a club I went with the 0311 XP GEN 3 irons. I didn't want to order the 0211 DC's which im sure are very nice and then start second guessing my choice particularly after being told the 0311 XP GEN 3 irons were much more forgiving. I think these irons will be perfect for my wife with the MMT 50 gram ladies shaft. Look forward to posting about her experience with these irons.

Did you know the 0311XF Gen 2 (predecessor to the Gen 3 XP) are $89/iron ? Also forged.
If you look on there site they are still available for order. I just ordered the Gen2 0311P irons on 7/2 and they should ship this week.
if you wanted to save the money, I'd call and see if you can them to swap models.

Did you know the 0311XF Gen 2 (predecessor to the Gen 3 XP) are $89/iron ? Also forged.
If you look on there site they are still available for order. I just ordered the Gen2 0311P irons on 7/2 and they should ship this week.
if you wanted to save the money, I'd call and see if you can them to swap models.
And the maltby playability factor is higher on the gen 2 irons as well, if that is a source worth considering.

Did not see them on the site at all. Ill take a look. Thanks for he heads up.

Back