Top 10 Players of the Decade

Sox_Fan

Go Sox!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Cold Temps
Just read an article ranking the following 10 players performance over the decade that is coming to a close so thought it would be a good conversation piece on the forum.

Jason Day
Dustin Johnson
Jordan Spieth
Brooks Koepka
Rory McIlroy
Phil Mickelson
Tiger Woods
Bubba Watson
Justin Rose
Justin Thomas

What do you say THP? Keep in mind that this is about their body of work over the entire decade not just who has had a lot of success over the last year or two.

Mine would start with Rory first and Brooks second because I greatly value major wins over regular tour wins. Will have to ponder the rest a little more to come up with my complete rankings.

That's tough once you get past the first couple. My #1 is Rory, as I don't believe anyone has had more wins in this decade if I'm remembering the random stat they threw out the other day while watching the tournament. 2nd for me is Spieth. 3 majors and a bunch of wins, although he did it all real quick and then fell off. Koepka is probably 3rd on that list for me. I'd have to look further into their body of work for the rest, but I feel like JT and DJ would be next for me basically tied 4th.

1. Rory
2. Brooks
3. Spieth
4. DJ
5. Bubba
6. Phil
7. Rose
8. Day
9. Woods
10. JT

Despite one less major, I put DJ in front of Bubba and Phil because he has easily the most total wins in the decade compared to everyone except Rory and has a POY to his credit.

1 - 3 are a given for me. I could see arguments for any of the other 7 being ranked higher or lower than I have them.

Back