DB86

Reaction score
Handicap
I am going to be near a top Golf on a work trip next week. I am planning to go one evening and try it out. Just wanted to see if anyone has any tips or advice for a first timer.

Not much to prepare for but it is a lot of fun. It’s a bar so you could have a few drinks while hitting some golf balls which is always good. I’ve been to the one by me a few times: it might be better for you just to pay for one hour and see if you like it and if you do, go from there. They have clubs for you, they’re not the greatest but it should do the trick so you don’t have to lug your golf clubs to wherever you’re going to. You also might want to call that top golf and see what time they get real busy and try to show up before hand so you don’t have to wait for a hitting bay. have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bring your own sticks if you can. Have fun! Do it with someone if you can. It will really add to the fun. This is really a social event. It's all target golf games.

I’ll be driving and not flying so I’ll be able to take my own clubs. I’ll be by myself so I guess I’ll just go relax, have a few brews and send some down the way.

I’ll be driving and not flying so I’ll be able to take my own clubs. I’ll be by myself so I guess I’ll just go relax, have a few brews and send some down the way.

I've been to Top Golf Huntsville once. Tried to go again this past Saturday night and I believe the wait was 2.5 hours if I remember correctly. So if it's a new location, you might want to consider when you're trying to go.

There's one about an hour from me plus another one opening up late this year in Germantown MD. Definitely on my to do list this year at least once!!

Sounds like a fun time. There is one slated to open near the end of this year in the St. Louis area ... Chesterfield, MO, to be exact. Kind of looking forward to it. It seems most of the people I know play golf these days, so it should be easy to set up some fun outings.

I’ll be going to the Virginia Beach location. I will definitely call ahead to see what times they are busiest. I’ll only be able to go sometime In the evening since I’m teaching a class from 8-4.

It's quite a bit more expensive than the range, but it defeats any weather and you get food and beer brought to your bay and a TV for entertainment. It's a good time.

Back