TopGolf in Louisville (finally?)

xThor

AnimeGods 神 | GolfTec Experience | TravisMathew
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Alright, the NIMBY’s appear to have been defeated for a final time. Let’s get this built! @DataDude @KY Golfer I cannot wait to burn my eyes on the lights there, hitting balls into the night!

Now we just need TopGolf themselves to officially announce and start building.

nice, blows my mind TopGolf is opening a place in Waco. Net went up a couple weeks ago, should open in the spring i think. :rockon:

Is TopGolf any good? Don't know much about it.

Alright, the NIMBY’s appear to have been defeated for a final time. Let’s get this built! @DataDude @KY Golfer I cannot wait to burn my eyes on the lights there, hitting balls into the night!

Post Covid Party IMO!!!

What was the legal action? Why didnt people want one? We have one here in CLE thats 5 minutes from me. Thought I would use it a lot more than I do.

Have been several times in Dallas and Orlando. It’s definitely not meant to be an alternative to time in a sim with a trackman or GCQuad, but for hitting balls and having a good time, I have enjoyed it.

What was the legal action? Why didnt people want one? We have one here in CLE thats 5 minutes from me. Thought I would use it a lot more than I do.

The neighborhood nearby filed several suits to keep it from happening. I say nearby, as in, about a half mile away at the closest house. They said the nets would be too tall, people would drive through their neighborhood to get to it, the music at night would keep them awake, the lights TopGolf use are (and i am going try to quote what they used in the lawsuit) “brighter than the sun” and they wouldn’t be able to sleep without going blind apparently?, their property value would drop (even though the space is currently a parking lot and defunct Sears), and their community should not be subject to drunk golfers driving around now.

Basically a bunch of old people that want to stifle growth here in Louisville. It’s sadly pretty common.

I saw this yesterday and can't wait. I tweeted almost the same thing you have in the title. :LOL:

Not a Louisville guy but I'm close enough! I'll come party too!

Let's just say that it's good for what it's for. It is not meant for "serious" practice, although I supposed you could get a little work in. It's meant for having fun, and it can be. Gman mentioned the one in Cleveland. I live in Youngstown, and I and 2 buddies drove up there last winter out of desperation just to hit a few balls!

They have specials, so we went on 1/2 price Tuesday. We get there, and first of all the place is much bigger than I imagined, and it was packed! Mid-day on a weekday! One note in it's favor is that it is very target oriented. You hit computer chipped balls at various targets at various ranges, and you can play different games against your buddies, and it's all kept track of by computer.

As a business model I have to admit that I was impressed with the thought that went into it, but it is not a substitute for real golf!

We have one here in Jacksonville about 25 mins away. I’ve only been there twice. It’s fun every now & then with the guys!

opens friday, bay reserved. whoo :rockon:
Still no updates here about when they may open. It has been 3 months now since they got approval to continue and I haven't heard anything else about it.

Back