gbigoose1

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey Andy,

So my first round of the year I hit a lot of good shots and was really pleased. Something that happened though (3 times to be exact, but it was only 9 holes) was that I completely topped the ball. The thing is, I don't think it was an awful swing. I was still taking a clean divot, by way after the ball. I'm probably wrong but could this be a result of coming in to steep? Like I said, I'm always taking a divot pretty far after the ball. My main "practice thought" this winter was hitting down on the ball, so I set up up a line in the ice and made sure I hit after the line. Since I did not have a golf ball down, I guess in hind sight I was more worried about hitting after the line than making a strike on the line. So, does this sound like a legit problem and any drills? Thanks for the time

It sounds to me like you worked on the right things in the off season. My big fear right now is that you are backing the ball up in your stance too far and forcing you club to bottom out before it should. This will lead to the occasional thin shot, but it also make sense why you are taking a divot well after the ball is gone.

So I should try to move the ball up slightly? Thanks for the help Andy! I'm going to try it out.

"making a line in the ice", boy do I love getting through the winter in the northern clims.

"making a line in the ice", boy do I love getting through the winter in the northern clims.

Haha Yep. I had to clear a spot so I could stand with out slipping but it actually worked really well on the hitting down part. I just need to fix my new problem now haha..

Back