Toughest Tee Shot For Amateurs? The 2014 Morgan Cup Opening Tee Shots

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Here it is, the opening of the Ultimate Golf Event period. 40 golfers, each staffed with a 14 club deal with one of the biggest golf companies in the world and they tee off on camera, in front of everybody.

Full coverage coming soon

Here it is, the opening of the Ultimate Golf Event period. 40 golfers, each staffed with a 14 club deal with one of the biggest golf companies in the world and they tee off on camera, in front of everybody.

Full coverage coming soon

I can say this was the most stressful tee shot I've ever had to hit. People talk about it, but there is simply no way to prepare for it.

watching now!

oh Brad you beast!

I can only imagine how nervous all of you were. My hands were shaking at both invitationals I've been too.

"David Lopresti - uh oh."

What happened there?

"David Lopresti - uh oh."

What happened there?
I didn't watch the video, but in real life he drove it around the corner (carried the trouble on the left) and I believe had less than 200 in (par 5).

The pressure is there. Especially in a team competition when you want to put your teammate in good spots. I am actually happy we went off last because the gallery was smaller. Sunday we went off 1st in front of everyone so that was a bit different.

I went and watched all the swings that I did not get to see in person. Man there are are some good looking swings off of that first tee. Great job guys. It's without a doubt a nerve-wracking tee shot. Now time to circle back and rewatch the first few groups. Oh and BTW, the group of ATL, J4U, Spicoli, and Nate hit the longest 4 drives I have ever seen from 1 group in MC history.

I can say this was the most stressful tee shot I've ever had to hit. People talk about it, but there is simply no way to prepare for it.

Wasn't too bad on this side of the pairing. You hit the fairway and far, I knew I could pretty much do whatever I wanted haha!

Had to be the most nervous swings ever. I kinda missed the "aka screen name" though, why the decision to take it out?

It was just something to make it a bit more real for the event. Being the last Morgan Cup, it was our take on making this the closest thing to a tour event possible and we think the entire weekend captured that.

Nice! Couldn't even tell I topped it! Oh the memories that just brought back.

It was just something to make it a bit more real for the event. Being the last Morgan Cup, it was our take on making this the closest thing to a tour event possible and we think the entire weekend captured that.

Until Caledonia and you realized that you forgot how to say my last name and went with DevRickus *spoiler alert* Haha

Love watching those. Freaking awesome memory.

Until Caledonia and you realized that you forgot how to say my last name and went with DevRickus *spoiler alert* Haha

Thank goodness I am the editor.

Talk about chills...had to watch a few of those tee shots. Talk about not holding the pose, but I knew that ball was finding the fairway.

Well done Josh and Morgan and thank you!

That brought back some memories. I thought 10 was a great setting for the first shot with that elevated tee box. I somehow felt more nervous on Sunday morning and the results showed.

That brought back some memories. I thought 10 was a great setting for the first shot with that elevated tee box. I somehow felt more nervous on Sunday morning and the results showed.

Memories don't even come close. I can see this being watched over and over.

Things I noticed after watching the 1st tee shots:

- The 10th hole groups get the award of most vocal and exciting after tee shots. Well done guys!

- Who were those guys wearing pants out there???

- Everyone hit the fairway on those shots. Everyone!!

- Some good looking swings on that video. Nice work guys.

There is nothing like the 1st tee of the Morgan Cup! I will never forget it!

Great job capturing the opening tee shots. Some really good looking swings fellas! Looking forward to the rest of the footage.

Back