Toughest Tee Shot For Amateurs? The 2014 Morgan Cup Opening Tee Shots

Ahh too much fun watching all that again. Thanks Josh and Morgan. I am looking forward to the event coverage.

Until Caledonia and you realized that you forgot how to say my last name and went with DevRickus *spoiler alert* Haha
He was complaining that Morgan left him all the hard names to say.

Dang, so many memories coming back and the emotions are right there with them. The further away from the MC we get, the more special it feels.

I went and watched all the swings that I did not get to see in person. Man there are are some good looking swings off of that first tee. Great job guys. It's without a doubt a nerve-wracking tee shot. Now time to circle back and rewatch the first few groups. Oh and BTW, the group of ATL, J4U, Spicoli, and Nate hit the longest 4 drives I have ever seen from 1 group in MC history.

I think Doug's ball is still in the air after he hit that bomb. It was quite the drive!

Nice! Couldn't even tell I topped it! Oh the memories that just brought back.
I'll admit Jimmy, I had to go back and watch it again to make sure cause I didn't believe my eyes! Ha! You pulled it off well!

He was complaining that Morgan left him all the hard names to say.

Dang, so many memories coming back and the emotions are right there with them. The further away from the MC we get, the more special it feels.

Morgan pronounced my name properly..just sayin.....

She may have asked me 12 times right before....

You think these opening tee shots were great on film, you should have seen them live. It was just awesome to see the guys getting up on that 1st tee box and just stroke the ball out into the fairway. Gave me chills watching it then and still does watching it now.

awesome 30% driver swing for me...weak

Was there a backwards hat being rocked on the opening tee?

Definitely a nerve-wracking tee shot.

I've been fortunate enough to play in a lot of THP events and tee it up in front of dozens of THPers. This was nothing like the rest. Just an amazing experience.

I'm glad that my swing was actually 3/4. I was trying to just take it back 1/2 way.

The funny thing is, Doug just crushed his tee shot right before me, and I was thinking (and think I actually said), "Do I even need to hit one?"

It looked like mward tried to double cheek that drive!

You all looked calm cool and composed, well done guys!

I'm still amazed I got the ball on the tee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Things I noticed after watching the 1st tee shots:

- Who were those guys wearing pants out there???

There is nothing like the 1st tee of the Morgan Cup! I will never forget it!

I think the guys in pants looked awesome. :bashful:

Oh man I miss being there. I've enjoyed golf after, but there's been an empty hole in my soul ever since I left the MC.

Well after 20 mins I noticed a few things haha

1. Everyone looks like they hit a nice ball

2. Some seriously good looking swings on THP

3. Some swings that leave me going "I'm glad it works for them" haha mean that in a light hearted manner ; )

4. Wtf does everyone play rugby?? Everyone on THP at the MC is built solid.

Last edited:
I'm still amazed I got the ball on the tee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Honestly that was rushing through my head when I was up: just get the ball on the tee. It was harder than it should have been with those nerves.

Got half way through and my work computer crapped the bed; will have to finish later. But really cool to see all the different swings.

Took lunch at the perfect time to see these and it came out great. I know a big thing for the groups on #10 was that dude completely video bombing us while changing the pin position on 13. Very nice tee shots from EVERYONE!

It looked like mward tried to double cheek that drive!

Partner pounded it center of the fairway. No reason to leave anything back at that point, so I didn't haha

I just got done watching all of them, so amazing for each and every one of you, I have no doubt the nerves each and every one of you felt before, during and after putting that peg in the ground!

Well done all of you!!!

It's funny, having been there all weekend this is the first chance I had to actually see some of the swings you guys have. I'm impressed, very nice!!

Nothing like a first tee shot in the Morgan Cup, I will NEVER forget it! So nervous you can hardly swallow! Awesome stuff.

Oh man watching this was fantastic!! I was nervous lol.

Great swings everyone!!

Back