Toughest Tee Shot For Amateurs? The 2014 Morgan Cup Opening Tee Shots

It was great watching these. I only got to see a few and had to get into position on the other holes.

Solid swings & the memories are flooding back right now. Such a special weekend in my life.

I was almost as nervous watching the tee shot as hitting it. Thank Baby Jesus I cut that corner just enough.

So many great memories brought back by this! I can't wait for the full coverage.

Some very nice swings in that footage.

I'm getting pumped up just watching it. Man, I thought I'd be alright until guys in front of us started teeing off, and after that, I'm surprised I managed to even tee up the ball at all!

Have already watched this a few times. So excited to relive all this.

I've watched this multiple times.

Just watched the opening shots. I have to say a couple of things I noticed.

1. Everyone looked very confident for that unnerving shot.
2. There are a lot of very good looking swings in that bunch.
3. There are a couple of very "interesting" swings in that bunch. :D

All in all....great video....great announcing and well done by all the participants !
Thanks for sharing.

this is really cool!

Was fun to see the opening tee shots again. Can't believe I am going to tee up with a couple of these guys in mid-September.

I'm getting pumped up just watching it. Man, I thought I'd be alright until guys in front of us started teeing off, and after that, I'm surprised I managed to even tee up the ball at all!

It took me more than one try as seen.

It looked like mward tried to double cheek that drive!

i thought he was going to explode into a billion lucky charms.

I didn't watch the video, but in real life he drove it around the corner (carried the trouble on the left) and I believe had less than 200 in (par 5).

Yep I went over the waste area right (trees), but my partner saved us--David carried the trouble left and 200 in but we still laid up due to the protected front green. I got scared when I birdied that first hole and Howzat put it in right not top of mine for bird.

Just watched the first ten minutes. Awesome job. Brings back some great memories.

Good job guys! I bet there were a few big sighs of relief after getting that one out of the way.

I'm with Wareagle, awesome memories!!

They had brought in a blimp for coverage of the first tee shots, until Jeff-John's drive took it out.

Yep, memories flooding back...that tee shot was without a doubt the toughest tee shot I've ever hit.

It was great watching these tee shots. It does not get any easier. I was just as nervous on my 2nd round tee ball as well as Sunday singles.

Lots of great swings out there. Looked like majority of them were long and in the short grass. Cannot wait to tee it up next week, has my mind working overtime.

Alotta nice swings put on the ball given the circumstances!

Sad that I was not lucky enough to be a part of such a grand event. Maybe my time will come in the near future.

I was scared to death.

Back