Toulon Chicago and Odyssey Double Wide

Chicago is getting a new grip. It's a keeper, the stock grip not so much. Have a GP Tour SNSR 104cc but also get along with SS grips. Will decide this afternoon.
Oooooo Chicago battle this weekend!

Having had the Toulon Chicago since March, it is secured its spot in the bag for the forseeable future. The great feel it provides and the looks alone are worth it to me.

was there ever any doubt :sneaky:

👀 what showed up to the home course yesterday. I have been waiting for this one a bit longer than I wanted to. Can't wait to take it out for a round this weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_0879.JPG
    IMG_0879.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0880.JPG
    IMG_0880.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 28
👀 what showed up to the home course yesterday. I have been waiting for this one a bit longer than I wanted to. Can't wait to take it out for a round this weekend.
Looks great!!!! Love the red in there, really pops!!! Roll it well.

Maybe @mikeg_74 can post a couple pics of his Chicago he did the paintfill on.

29 putts with the Chicago today. The DW is set up the same way, double bend shaft with the same Tour SNSR 140 grip but just can't seem to get along with the DW. Now put the TT Ten in the mix and I can be fine with it. I think what the DW lacks is a feel to me. The Ten and DW have the same insert but different feels. The feel is even better with the milled Chicago though.

I played my first 18 holes today with my Chicago from the Garage. I sank my longest birdie putt of the year with it, probably over 89 feet, but that, obviously, was luck. I really like this putter. 34 putts on a very difficult track with crazy greens with which I am not familiar and where I had 12 GIR. I will get another go at it tomorrow.

68303383-8E95-4ABA-BDE1-2C700E0C5F97.jpegEDCA4A4D-C3E5-4630-9F12-1E5A4D6045FA.jpeg8EDD1BF3-7374-4671-A42E-DCC6092B2D05.jpeg

This was a great read, and has me even more interested in these oversized blade like putters. The Chicago fits my eye better than the Double Wide, but either way, this style of putter is something I'd like to test the next time I'm looking.

This was a great read, and has me even more interested in these oversized blade like putters. The Chicago fits my eye better than the Double Wide, but either way, this style of putter is something I'd like to test the next time I'm looking.
Definitely roll both, different feels for sure. I'm not saying the insert is bad, (it is very good) but I will take milling over insert every time.

The Chicago really is a great profile, providing such a good compromise for those who love blades, but need a bit of help that usually comes with mallets. If Cobra had not introduced its putters, I would happily have my Chicago in the bag.

Definitely roll both, different feels for sure. I'm not saying the insert is bad, (it is very good) but I will take milling over insert every time.
I've tried a few inserts, but it's been a long while. Definitely more of a fan of milled, but if I'm testing might as well give it a roll.

The Chicago really is a great profile, providing such a good compromise for those who love blades, but need a bit of help that usually comes with mallets. If Cobra had not introduced its putters, I would happily have my Chicago in the bag.
The Cobra was the one that made me really think about the blade with more, so to speak. Now this thought has my interest, and I'm enjoying exploring all the avenues.

I've tried a few inserts, but it's been a long while. Definitely more of a fan of milled, but if I'm testing might as well give it a roll.
Yes for sure you should. And I will say even though they are the same insert, (the DW and the TT Ten) they have different feels, but that is different mass behind the putter head.

To hard, I've always preferred the softer feel of an insert. At least that's my story. LOL!!!
Whereas I think I may be just the opposite.

Started out with a SeeMore Si5 mallet. I liked it well enough, but it didn't seem quite right. I liked it, but I wasn't lovin' it. So I picked up an Odyssey SL DW, which has the micro-hinge insert. The feel of the swing is better, and I'm unquestionably putting better with it--at least inside 5-6 feet. But the soft feel of the ball strike doesn't resonate with me--particularly on longer putts (ten feet and over). Briefly, very briefly and not really trying hard, swung a Toulon Chicago at my LGS Friday. I'm thinking I like the feel of that milled face better.

So it may just be that milled head, coupled with Odyssey's Stroke Lab shaft, is the magic combination for me.

Is it bad that I want a 1W White Hot OG just to test head to head with the Chicago?

Is it bad that I want a 1W White Hot OG just to test head to head with the Chicago?
Nope! I'm doing the same thing!

My Chicago is in a battle with the Las Vegas right now and is getting a beat down. This will be interesting for sure.

My Chicago is in a battle with the Las Vegas right now and is getting a beat down. This will be interesting for sure.
Sometimes I bench the Chicago for my Columbus just to get it’s mind right...

Last edited:
Big fan of the Double Wide. Maybe it's the triple track sightlines - but it just speaks to me.

Big fan of the Double Wide. Maybe it's the triple track sightlines - but it just speaks to me.
It is a great putter, the Double Wide has become a very popular line.

Stopped by my LGS to test swing a Chicago. Confirmed: I really like the feel off the face of that putter. But... I couldn't really say I was hitting it all that much better than I do my Odyssey SL DW. Tried a Seattle. Did not like. "Hmmm... I wonder..." Grabbed a 34 in. Chicago. Definitely swung that much better than what I have been swinging.

Amazing, what a difference 1 in. in putter shaft length can make.

So I'll soon have an Odyssey Toulon Chicago, 34 in., SL oversize grip, on the way from CPO :D

Back