Toulon Chicago and Odyssey Double Wide

I can’t wait to get mine out on the course. Whenever that is

The Chicago looks phenomenal!

I had quite a few rounds with the Double Wide already, today was the 2nd round with the Chicago. Being honest there is not comparison IMO. The Chicago just feels so much better to me. The DW with the insert has a very different feel to it. I think the Chicago gets the ball rolling better faster IMO.
If I had to choose one right now to stay in the bag for the year, it would be the Chicago. 27 putts on back to back days with scores of 71 and 75.

That’s some good shootin thar, Tex!

Would you say you prefer a milled face over an insert in general? Is that part of the appeal? I do think the Chicago is prettier, but I’d probably putt better with the double wide.

And is the TT Ten no longer allowed inside the bag? Strictly an outside dog now?

That’s some good shootin thar, Tex!

Would you say you prefer a milled face over an insert in general? Is that part of the appeal? I do think the Chicago is prettier, but I’d probably putt better with the double wide.

And is the TT Ten no longer allowed inside the bag? Strictly an outside dog now?

I do like the fully milled face better, looks wise it is better looking IMO. It gets the ball rolling so smoothly and quickly.
The TT Ten is still viable and it will see rotation in the bag, but for right now being that I have always preferred a blade putter, the Chicago is getting the time in the bag.

@Snickerdog enjoying this comparison. Sounds like you have found your putter in the Chicago. Awesome!
It has been fun comparing them, maybe stuck indoors today on the putting matt. Each has a different feel, but for the eye, the Chicago just suits me better. To me that means confidence when standing over a putt and I really think that is important when choosing a putter to play.

I had 31 putts with the Chicago today, this is the first round of over 30 putts with it. The Chicago just feels so good in hand and puts such a great roll on the ball.

I want a Chicago. Bad.

good comparison, but i am still enamored with he Double Wide

good comparison, but i am still enamored with he Double Wide
Nothing wrong with that at all!!! It is a great putter. I will still be giving it some time in the bag, but if I had to choose one right now to roll for the year it would be the Toulon Chicago for me. The balance and feel is just to good for me.
The greens we played on today where faster than the greens on my home course but my distance control was spot on.

Does anyone know with the double wide, does any blade cover work or do you need special ones since it's wider?

I'm glad to see it's working out so well for you Snickerdog! It's such a good feeling putter and that size is almost perfect for a blade.

Does anyone know with the double wide, does any blade cover work or do you need special ones since it's wider?

I believe the double wide uses a new headcover they’re calling “blade - large”. I use one on my crank neck Atlanta

Definitely need something at least a little bigger than a standard blade cover. As mentioned above, it comes with a larger blade style cover.

Had the Toulon Chicago in the bag today. 31 putts, while not my best putting day, I had no 3 putts and have only had 2 3putts with it since I started using it. I am able to really lag putt well with this putter and leave myself with second putts of 3 feet or less most of the time. The thing I have noticed is I am rarely leaving any putts short. Most are cup high or 1-2 foot beyond.

@Tee1Up here is some info for you.

Still think about the Chicago... Big ponder...

I have an Atlanta and it puts a great roll on the ball. My son just got a DW and I really like the look and size of the putter, just can’t get away from the Toulon feel though. If the Chicago was as wide as the DW I would probably get one.

I have an Atlanta and it puts a great roll on the ball. My son just got a DW and I really like the look and size of the putter, just can’t get away from the Toulon feel though. If the Chicago was as wide as the DW I would probably get one.
You should really find a place to roll one. I was fitted into the DW and prefer the Chicago much more. Feel, looks and roll are better. Weight wise it is pretty close, but you can easily up the weight on the Chicago if you are looking to hit a target weight.

Got the DW this offseason and really looking forward to using it and comparing to the spider that’s in the bag as well

Joined the club. Received my Chicago today. :cool:

Attachments

• 9E416BBE-F8DD-4699-ADA4-9056FF84A688.jpeg
    9E416BBE-F8DD-4699-ADA4-9056FF84A688.jpeg
    43 KB · Views: 19
Back