Toulon Chicago and Odyssey Double Wide

So I expected the more compact head to be more difficult to dial in than the Double Wide. While I still think the Double Wide is easier for me, I believe that's due to the flow neck vs the DB. That said, The Chicago has handled "mishits" better than expected, has been fairly easy to align and is intoxicating at impact. Focusing on letting the face rotate has been the biggest key for me.
That is a nice little short review. Glad you are liking it, looking forward to more feedback on it.

See @Canadan you have to embrace it and then it works for you. :cool:

That is a nice little short review. Glad you are liking it, looking forward to more feedback on it.

See @Canadan you have to embrace it and then it works for you. :cool:
yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah right.

Just a nice little 29 putt day with the Toulon Chicago today @Canadan
Distances where almost perfect today when it called for a lag putt, always nice to leave the ball within 3 feet of the pin when having to putt over ridges..

Just a nice little 29 putt day with the Toulon Chicago today @Canadan
Distances where almost perfect today when it called for a lag putt, always nice to leave the ball within 3 feet of the pin when having to putt over ridges..
I used mine a bit today as well.

It did not last. :(

Went to Club Champion for a putter fitting Friday. Came down to the DW, Chicago and SC special select square back 2. Consistency was so much better with the Chicago according to the SIM. 78% So needless to say order has been placed and will be here in a week or 2. Confidence is sky high when this arrives.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Went to Club Champion for a putter fitting Friday. Came down to the DW, Chicago and SC special select square back 2. Consistency was so much better with the Chicago according to the SIM. 78% So needless to say order has been placed and will be here in a week or 2. Confidence is sky high when this arrives.

That is awesome!!!! That is some serious consistency.

Made quite a few one putts today in the 5-9 foot range to save par. 29 putts again today with the Chicago.

Maiden voyage with the Chicago was a mixed bag. Not sure if it stays as of yet.

I rolled up 30 putts today, should have been 27 as I burned a couple edges that just didn't drop.
I just don't see the Chicago coming out of play, it is just to good for me right now. Distance control so far has been amazing!!! There is always the outliner, but very rare that I am leaving putts short.

Welp, it looks like the Chicago experiment is coming to an end. I made some putts with it but in this neck, it can’t compete with my Memphis or my TT Ten. Too bad. It’s such a sexy head.

Welp, it looks like the Chicago experiment is coming to an end. I made some putts with it but in this neck, it can’t compete with my Memphis or my TT Ten. Too bad. It’s such a sexy head.
I agree completely on the head... I love the compact profile vs the double wide while staying true to form.

I agree completely on the head... I love the compact profile vs the double wide while staying true to form.
Agreed. The shape fits my eye so well and that Toulon feel and sound is lovely. Love the care they took with the lines and design, but I wish the plumbers neck variant was a stock option. Could’ve been special.

Sorry to hear that. The TT Ten is a beast so you still have a great option.

Played first round eight DW and probably had best putting day, love this club!

I have my maiden voyage with the Chicago tomorrow. First time ever fit for a putter and I'm expecting great things.

Hope you have a good run with it. Have you been able to practice any at all with it to get some feel for it?

Hope you have a good run with it. Have you been able to practice any at all with it to get some feel for it?
I just got it Wednesday, but have hit a few carpet putts. This thing is like butter. I've always played either the spider or #9 shapes for the past decade. Very excited to play a blade. Live the rounded bumpers and the color is .

Having had the Toulon Chicago since March, it is secured its spot in the bag for the forseeable future. The great feel it provides and the looks alone are worth it to me.
While I did enjoy the Double Wide, there there is just such a difference between the insert and the milled face that it isn't close.

Chicago is getting a new grip. It's a keeper, the stock grip not so much. Have a GP Tour SNSR 104cc but also get along with SS grips. Will decide this afternoon.
I have the 104 on the DW, and the 140 on the Chicago. The 140 is just a bit bigger and I prefer it.

How did the squareback 2 perform for you?

How did the squareback 2 perform for you?
Double Wide is a good putter. Little thick on the backside but performance was good. I got along okay with the new insert but the milled face is much better IMO.
The DW does have good feel and puts a good roll on the ball.

The Chicago had slightly better consistency in my stroke and I like the darker head color. I would gladly game both.

I honestly don't think you could go wrong with either one, it would come down to as you said consistency and feel.
I am a firm believer also of if a putter doesn't look good to your eye you won't putt well with it.

Back